Kathie Lee Gifford | New York | News

BigGayDeal.com

Kathie Lee Gifford Promises to Play Best Gay Bar in New York

EW interviews Kathie Lee Gifford as she prepares to return to Live for its 20th anniversary. Interviewer Nicholas Fonseca asks Gifford to perform in Hell's Kitchen and she takes him up on it.

GiffordFonseca: "You're writing musicals and aiming for Broadway now. The EW offices are in the Theater District and a lot of the gay bars around here have special musical nights where they welcome some stage star onstage. You need to do that. Trust me — there's a whole generation of younger gays who grew up with you on their TV. I think they'd eat it up."

Gifford: "Oh, thank you! It's interesting — in all the years that I was on the show, I had a very strong gay following and I always cherished that, you know? That they didn't think that because of my faith that I was some sort of intolerant, condemning, self-righteous person. I never got that from them. I got a lot of criticism from the faith world, believe me, for the choices I made through the years. I think people are sometimes afraid of somebody who's different from themselves simply because they don't know it. I think anybody that can only stay in their own pew, people who think and act and believe every way exactly the same, I mean...you want to talk about living a boring life. So I've always sensed tremendous support from the gay community and I'm very, very grateful for it, so I'm going to take your advice and I thank you very much for it. I'm supposed to do a show right now in Queens — how perfect! If I do it, I'm going to call you back and you give me the name of the best gay bar in New York and I'll do it."

(thanks josh)

Comments

1. Kathie Lee is going to play the Eagle !!

Posted by: A.J | Sep 7, 2007 11:15:18 AM

2. A.J. -- your mouth to God's ear. I would LOVE to see her a the Eagle....

Posted by: David | Sep 7, 2007 11:18:16 AM

3. Recordings below of another star singing for the gays. A few here may be old enough to remember that Streisand got her singing start [as opposed to stage] at gay bars in NYC? Or that Bette Midler's first great fame came from performing at the Continental Baths [accompanied by Barry Manilow!] in front of guys wearing only towels? Some of her best, rawest performances; of some songs she never recorded in a studio. There's a grainy, amateur video out there she had some friends make of her last performance. She's legally stopped attempts to show it publicly which is a shame because it would leave you on the floor as it did me. But here's are some bootleg audios before the Big A changed our worlds forever:

1. Telling some jokes including one that might get Sen. Craig's attention:

2. Performing "Superstar" with some chat[remember this is a nonprofessional live recording before miles of dick in an ersatz club carved out of a sex emporium]

3. "Empty Bed Blues" with some chat

More at the link below. BLESS the person who put this together!!!!!!!

Posted by: Michael Bedwell | Sep 7, 2007 12:00:23 PM

4. How about "Pieces"?

Posted by: [email protected] | Sep 7, 2007 12:04:57 PM

5. She's picking up Tammy Faye's mantle!

Posted by: MT | Sep 7, 2007 12:08:09 PM

6. Kathie Lee Gifford -- gross. What gays are fans of hers?

Posted by: Gregoire | Sep 7, 2007 12:23:03 PM

7. I third an afternoon beer blast/Kathie Lee show on the Eagle deck. Amazing.

Posted by: MattGaymon | Sep 7, 2007 12:40:34 PM

8. A.J. you are hilarious...Kathie Lee Gifford and The Eagle...that is an inspired pairing! My question is whether or not the clothing she wears that night will be made in a sweatshop?

As for Kathie Lee's assertion that she has always been a friend to the gay community, she was Anita Bryant's live-in nanny during the 1970s. I'll let you all draw your own conclusions about that little tidbit.

xo,
    peterparker

Posted by: peterparker | Sep 7, 2007 1:35:35 PM

9. Botox deflated face!

Posted by: Victor | Sep 7, 2007 2:17:55 PM

10. I just hope kathy lee shows her tits and admits that she loves having 7 or 8 niggers fuck her in the ass daily...what a whoring pig ...wonder if cody watches ha ha ha pass the bottle you cocksucker bbbuuuuuurrrrpp

Posted by: A Corner Wino | Sep 26, 2007 2:00:28 PM

11. Oh gosh kathy lee does have nice tits bet she had many loads of hot cum shot in her face mr. bush says he seen her fuck a dog alha be praised got to go army is coming ta ta

Posted by: osama bin laden | Sep 26, 2007 2:02:50 PM

12. so kathy lee likes black cock meat coool ...now get those sagging tits over here with that fat ass and make my money ho thats right get out on the stroll and make my money ho

Posted by: A big black cock | Oct 4, 2007 7:57:19 AM