Crime | New Hampshire | News

New Hampshire Gay Bashers: "I'm Gonna Kill That Fag"

Two New Hampshire men are facing hate crime charges related to a July attack on John Lavasser, who says they assaulted him while he was in his car waiting for his partner, Ron Sayres, to arrive.

NewhampshirehatecrimeLavasser told news station WMUR that the two men, Sheane Eldritch, 23, and Thomas Baker, 20, "came after [him] from each side" and, after asking him if he was waiting for his partner, assaulted him, causing the injuries you see in the photo.

Coos County Assistant Attorney Keith Clouatre told the station, "As they were walking away, witnesses heard them bragging about it, saying, 'I'm gonna kill that fag.'"

Lavasser and Sayres tell the station that after the attack they were prepared to move out of Coleman, New Hampshire, where the attack occurred, but decided that doing so would be admitting defeat.

New Hampshire has a statute that extends imprisonment if criminals are "substantially motivated to commit the crime because of hostility towards the victim's religion, race, creed, [or] sexual orientation" so Eldritch and Baker may face extra jail time.

Prosecutors Say Man Beaten For Being Gay [wmur]

Related
Senate Passes Hate Crimes Bill by Vote of 60-39 [tr]

Comments

1. So which one is the uber self-hating closet case that convinced the other one to do this? Or maybe they both are.

Lock them away forever - I have no patience for people like this anymore and their futures don't look very productive at this point. No loss.

Posted by: ATLSteve | Sep 28, 2007 10:37:11 AM

2. Eldridge needs the punk-assed bitch slapped out of him.

Posted by: Gary | Sep 28, 2007 10:56:41 AM

3. This is what hate crime laws are for. It's clearly a case of attacking another person because of what they are--not what they've done. It's also a reminder: violent gay-bashing can happen to any gay person--not just those of us who have certain traits or mannerisms that seem to adverise our "gayness". It's not just the Chris Crockers that this savagery happens to. Actually, Ms Crocker might have come out the car after those two cowards before they came after her.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Sep 28, 2007 11:06:57 AM

4. My question is, why did they walk up to this guy and ask him "if he was waiting on his 'partner'?" That in itself sounds gay. They were heard saying "I'm gonna kill that fag"-as they were walking away? Shouldn't that had been said prior to the assault? Obviously Mr. Lavasser got the piss beat out of him, but some things are just not adding up about this story. If these two thugs did assault him for being gay-lock them up and through away the key.

Posted by: Andrew | Sep 28, 2007 11:24:39 AM

5. andy, that "statue" must weigh heavily on that "book". yeah, i know i'm a pain in the ass.

but, seriously, someone here before wondered why hate-crime laws were necessary.
    duhhhhh.

i hope those sub-humans are put away for a long time.

Posted by: nic | Sep 28, 2007 11:34:11 AM

6. Andrew, if you read the article you will note that the "waiting for his partner" line was not a direct quote. I'm sure they didn't use those words.

Posted by: DB | Sep 28, 2007 12:44:42 PM

7. Those two are about to find out what it's like to be someone's bitch in prison. Have at em boys!

Posted by: vinnysfo | Sep 28, 2007 1:26:07 PM

8. DB, thank you. I apologize.

Posted by: Andrew | Sep 28, 2007 2:35:42 PM

9. From the looks of him, Baker is destined to know just what it's like to be someone's "partner" in prison.

Posted by: Rascal | Sep 28, 2007 3:54:31 PM

10. From the looks of him, Baker is destined to know just what it's like to be someone's "partner" in prison.

Posted by: Rascal | Sep 28, 2007 3:55:09 PM

11. From the looks of him, Baker is destined to know just what it's like to be someone's "partner" in prison.

Posted by: Rascal | Sep 28, 2007 3:55:20 PM

12. From the looks of him, Baker is destined to know just what it's like to be someone's "partner" in prison.

Posted by: Rascal | Sep 28, 2007 3:55:32 PM

13. "Andrew, if you read the article you will note that the "waiting for his partner" line was not a direct quote. I'm sure they didn't use those words".

If they'd said something really crass like "hey fag, who you waitin' on - your butt buddy", the question of why they would even approach him, seemingly without context, would still linger. But then, they are clearly nutbags, so I guess you can't expect sensible behavior.

Posted by: Brandon | Sep 28, 2007 8:59:59 PM

14. It's always articles like this that makes me want to carry a concealed weapon (permit or not), and I wouldn't hesitate a second to kill someone who fucked with me like that Eldridge & Baker did to that poor guy. (nor would I feel bad about it)

They'll see what it's like to be fags...in prison. They'll be someone's prison bitch for sure. Bend over boys!

Posted by: Jordan | Sep 29, 2007 12:37:17 AM

15. Homophobes never make any sense. Why commit a crime that will surely get you put in a place where you are going to wind up being somebody's bitch?

@Jordan: If you're actually serious....

Posted by: Weezy | Sep 29, 2007 1:44:14 AM

16. Thanks Weezy. I'll for sure check it out.

I love to shop, so shopping for a gun to possibly kill a thug should be double the fun!

Posted by: Jordan | Sep 29, 2007 10:11:04 PM

17. This is the second time I've seen gay brother throw doubt on a gay attack.

What the fuck is up with you guys? Are we unified or what?

I'm the Richard of the Provincetown incident of Sept 10th last and do you know that my attack is ONLY out there because of people like Don Gorton and Tom Lang who are NOT afraid of offending the powers that be (meaning the GAY PROVINCETOWN ALMIGHTY BUCK) and take on these bastards - trying to gain for us ALL some sense of security and justice.

This crosses orientation lines too. The Provincetown gay population by-in-large wants me to shut up too. Stand together I tell you or face what I did. The honus of responsibility for what lies clearly on YOUR shoulders is ultimately in your hands

I was just naive enough to think that we were all united. And the DA in Coos County (Colebrook, NH) is pressing charges SINCE the attackers were heard walking away by a passerby saying "I'm going to kill that fag". Plus the victim could identify one his attackers.

I guess it would have landed better on your oh-so-critical ears had it been overheard during the attack yes? Perhaps one of you fine fellow could write a screenplay for the "perfect gay bashing". This is fucking unreal.

Well next time perhaps you doubting Thomases can instruct these cowards in the proper way to go about beating the FUCK out of ONE OF OUR OWN!

Posted by: Richard | Oct 2, 2007 9:20:56 AM

18. I grew up with eldridge and he was a trouble maker but what the hell was he thinking? What is the point to beating up someone for something that has nothing to do with him. Maybe he wanted it in the ass bc believe me, he is going to get it. In jail there is a guy who has been in and out for years who hates sheane he has authority now and eldridge will be sorry or at least a lil gay himself. Pop goes his cherry. Eldridge fucked this guys gf when he was in jail what goes around comes around!

Posted by: Tasha | Oct 9, 2007 12:35:50 PM

19. Hi everybody. My name is John, I am the vicitim of this crime, and I wanted to say thank you for all of your comments. They ended up getting 2-4 years in jail. It probably would have been more, if the hate crime statue was actually put into place, but the reasoning that it wasn't, from what I have been told from the Victim Witness person that, that the state of NH has had a hard time with hate crimes and proving them. So that my chances of winning of that.. would probably be slim to none.

Posted by: John | Dec 7, 2008 1:39:10 PM

20. They are heroes in my eyes. Beating up faggots is awesome.

Posted by: Thindza | Jan 13, 2010 7:37:42 PM

21. and john you are dirty dick sucking shit plowinf faggot and you deserved beatings.

Posted by: Thindza | Jan 13, 2010 7:40:06 PM

22. This just makes me sick to my stomach.

Posted by: Paul James Hurlburt Jr | Oct 13, 2011 9:18:38 PM