Comments

1. secretagentman says

I was cheering for Federer, he is the best in a long time, and a sweet guy. This guy though, is quite adorable and charming and the crowd obviously loves him. No doubt he will be playing in many grand slams. Imagine a finale between him and Nadal? Too much hotness.

2. Ryan says

Robot could be a compliment, Jake. I’d like to think so, because Federer IS a living legend. Maybe robot in that he’s so efficient and/or too good to be “human.” He’s freaking amazing and everyone alive right now is so lucky to be watching his unprecendented run in the history books.

Major props to Djokovic. He challenged the Big Dog in his first ever Slam final. Great things await for him. But for now Roger is king.

3. Tread says

It was Djokovic’s match to lose. After 5 set points in the first set and 2 set points in the second, I realized that he let the pressure get to him (considering that he’s only 20 years old).

Serb tennis players did amazingly well this year and here’s hoping that they continue to do so.

4. Luke says

I’m a Roger fan for life, but, Novak could be my baby daddy! he is SEXY, and talented as well! And has one of the best personalities men’s tennis has had in years.

And, other than that HOT, SEXY body and great game, his imitation of Nadal and his habit of picking his bum, which is nasty and uncouth, was one of the most funny things I’ve seen in years of being a tennis fan.

5. says

He should take a lot away from that match. By all rights he should have been up two sets to none. He’s got the game to beat Federer. Of course Federer is a legend and probably the best player ever, but when someone wins unchallenged over and over (i.e. robotically!), it gets monotonous, no matter how great they are. A true rivalry should only make him better.

6. tennisluvr says

I think Djokovic is handsome, funny, and has tremendous game. I think he’s quietly gotten better and better, and I like seeing someone emerge who can challenge others. But it’s pretty disrespectful to call Roger Federer a
    robot from Nike. Federer will be beaten eventually by others–he already has, but he’s also broken just about every tennis record that exists. If that’s a robot from Nike, I say bring it on.

7. Ron says

I’m also a Federer fan & I didn’t appreciate the “robot from Nike” comment. He’s the best that’s ever played the game. He doesn’t show a lot of emotions when he’s playing because he’s concentrating on the match. That’s one of the things that make him amazing. That’s why he shows a lot more emotions when he wins the big ones. He’s also an introvert who prefers to let his tennis do the talking. I guess the robot comment could be a compliment. Graf & Sampras were also accused of the same thing.

I do like Djokovic & he did choke those seven set points in the first 2 sets. He & Nadal will be challenging Federer in the next few years in the way that Roddick, Hewitt, & Safin never could.

8. leila says

Robot? Federer is graceful, fluid and elegant that a robot can never ever be. Hey, no other player does it like Federer. Djokovic can’t even impersonate him as good as he does Nadal, Roddick, etc. It’s all the other players who are robotic, easy to read and easy for Federer to beat over and over and over again.

9. leila says