Advertising | Amanda Lepore | David LaChapelle | Fashion Men | News | Playing Gay | Ryan Philippe | Television | Towleroad Guide to the Tube | Van Hansis

It's Ryan Phillippe Flashback Time

I've posted a few clips of the Luke and Noah gay teen love story currently taking place on As the World Turns. One of our soap-loving tipsters has pointed us to a clip from One Life to Live from 1993 (on the right), which is remarkably similar to a scene that played out on As the World Turns just last week in which a dad confronts his gay son.

One Life to Live was one of Ryan Philippe's first acting jobs, which brings us to the second half of this post.

After the jump you'll find a clip shot by David LaChapelle for Armani featuring a very young, and very nude Ryan Philippe, as well as Amanda Lepore in her first video appearance for the director. Probably not safe for work for some, due to a brief cameo by Ryan's heiney.

Comments

1. I'm not so dazzled by the glimpse(s) of Ryan's butt—or Amanda's beauty—that I missed LaChapelle's reference to Claes Oldenburg's "Lipstick (Ascending) on Caterpillar Tracks."

And the whole ending is another art historical reference, for anyone who considers Christopher Atkins and Brooke Shields in "Blue Lagoon" to be art.

Hard to believe LaChapelle shot this for Armani way back then.

Posted by: 24play | Oct 2, 2007 6:28:05 PM

2. The Armani clip is when Ryan was his most beautiful. Before he got all mixed up with Reese. He's much too bulked up now (and angry).

The clip's quite hilarious though, and Amanda looks like an even more evil Patsy from AbFab on Meth. Too funny!

Posted by: Jordan | Oct 2, 2007 6:31:45 PM

3. Butt shot... ok whatever. But I was surprised at the flash of the peen at about 1:17 from the end.

Posted by: Timothy | Oct 2, 2007 6:53:36 PM

4. I may have to start watching one life to live. That guy is a hottie. Reminds me of my current "reality" TV mancrush Clay from Newport Harbor.

Posted by: stevo | Oct 2, 2007 7:08:22 PM

5. omg Clay

He is the cutest guy ever

Posted by: clayfan | Oct 2, 2007 7:14:31 PM

6. it's As the World Turns on the left and One Life to Live on the right. just sayin'.

Posted by: darth_fag | Oct 2, 2007 8:00:20 PM

7. Ryan and LeWhore in the same sentence let alone the same video???? Doesn't the Center for Disease Control have laws against such crimes of nature?

Posted by: IceG | Oct 2, 2007 8:06:04 PM

8. It's the best acting he ever did! Shitty actor aside - I'd love to take him to bed on a lazy Saturday afternoon.

Posted by: TyInTenn | Oct 2, 2007 9:45:12 PM

9. The RP storyline was certainly more intense and "realistic" if that term can be applied to soaps. The father in the Noah story is waaay out there.

Posted by: anon (gmail.com) | Oct 3, 2007 1:50:42 AM

10. Normally I don't go for twinks or pretty boys but I have to admit I am getting a major crush on the actor who plays Noah. That guy is just super adorable. I wonder if he plays for our team...

Posted by: AdamN | Oct 3, 2007 2:36:25 AM

11. The father's reaction in the '93 clip is too funny.

Posted by: Brandon | Oct 3, 2007 3:36:38 AM

12. They sure don't make 'em like they use to!

Posted by: Rad | Oct 3, 2007 7:34:20 AM

13. The story on As The World Turns is far and away superior if for no other reason than it's about a core character who grew up on the show and fans care about. By the way, Noah and Luke have been voted ATWT's top couple in Soap Opera Digest the past few weeks.

Posted by: Roger Newcomb | Oct 3, 2007 8:45:33 AM

14. Noah's dad is supposed to be a uber conservative military man - and probably a murderer too. Scenes for upcoming episodes indicate tragedy for NUKE (hunting "accident"). I am sure NUKE will not die but should be good daytime drama!

Posted by: queervegan | Oct 3, 2007 9:27:11 AM

15. Ryan is so beautiful. He is getting a lot of his hotness back now that he got rid of Reese. True, he's not the best actor but I'd still pay $13 to see him on screen. Reese on the other hand, as far as I'm concerned that Academy Award belongs to Felicity Huffman and not her but I'm pretty much over that now. errrr

Posted by: Davey | Oct 3, 2007 10:21:25 AM

16. Not too fond of soap operas, so most likely I WON'T be seeing any of the clips. But Ryan Phillippe? Yummiee!! Something about white dudes and full lips! *Gasps*

Posted by: Shabaka | Oct 3, 2007 11:02:38 AM

17. I think the Father is sexy. I bet getting him into the sack could be hot. I bet he'd enjoy it too.

Posted by: ARMANI | Oct 3, 2007 12:42:43 PM

18. I think the Father is sexy. I bet getting him into the sack could be hot. I bet he'd enjoy it too.

Posted by: ARMANI | Oct 3, 2007 12:44:26 PM

19. Why does the Colonel sound like Vince McMahon? I half expect him to introduce a WWE championship title match when he catches his little mo boy.

Posted by: Justin | Oct 3, 2007 2:03:56 PM

20. Thanks for posting these clips. Ryan did a good job acting the part of a gay teen.

Posted by: Bray | Oct 4, 2007 7:22:17 PM