Jai Rodriguez | Mario Lopez | News

BigGayDeal.com

Jai Rodriguez Makes a Play for the Lips of Mario Lopez

Queer Eye's Jai Rodriguez is set to make an appearance on Dr 90210 (now starring Big Brother's "Dr. Will" Kirby) this Thursday.

He's reportedly going to ask Dr. Will for cosmetic enhancement because he wants lips like Mario Lopez.

LipsBuddy TV writes: "One would hope that anyone who shares a network with the oddly charming but oddly puffy-lipped Jeff Lewis from Flipping Out would be cautious with any kind of lip enhancement. But if Lopez lips are what Jai wants, surely no one will begrudge him the chance to do a little self-makeover. This won't be Jai's only encounter with plastic surgery-related TV over the next few months. His other endeavor, however, won't be reality. As we've reported, he will also be appearing on the FX series Nip/Tuck as 'Chaz, an LA fashionista with a dirty little secret.' Maybe his own surgery was research for the character."

I know a lot of people who wouldn't mind Mario Lopez' lips on their face, or anywhere else for that matter.

UPDATE: Well, apparently (as one of our commenters has noted) the episode has aired at least once already. And here's the clip!

And be sure not to miss...
Mario Lopez: It's Time for His Season Premiere [tr]

Comments

1. This is off-topic but I often find I have no place to express my undying love for Dr. Will's hair. It's always so thick and shiny, and black. Like two bottles of Dark & Lovely black.

Posted by: junior | Oct 3, 2007 1:25:14 PM

2. umm i saw this episode monday night.

Posted by: Joey | Oct 3, 2007 1:37:43 PM

3. The REAL reason Jai is looking for lip enhancement is for his next roll off off Broadway as the lead roll in "Charo: Besame Mucho, Culito...COOCHIECOOCHIECOOCHIE!"

What the f*ck ever.

Posted by: FizziekruntNT | Oct 3, 2007 1:40:18 PM

4. I don't get the whole plastic surgery insanity. I mean if you are or intend on going through a sex change then ok, but, Jai Rodriguez is certainly already good looking. The addition of pontoon lips can't do anything for his face. It just all looks so flipping plastic and grody.

Posted by: David | Oct 3, 2007 2:01:33 PM

5. I can't tell any difference whatsoever between pre-Restylane (which is what I'm sure went into his lips) and post-Restylane.

Posted by: peterparker | Oct 3, 2007 2:12:29 PM

6. Wow... Jai is in for a long haul. Here he is, young and lovely, and he's already getting into having procedures done. What's he going to be like when he's truly older? This poor fool is going to be addicted to the needle. It just gets worse from here, Jai. Learn to love who you are while you can.

On another note, why is it that every time Dr. Will opens his mouth, it feels like his every word has been scripted for maximum snarkiness? There's nothing authentic about him.

Posted by: PJ | Oct 3, 2007 2:13:32 PM

7. Jai should look into getting talent injections.

Posted by: 24play | Oct 3, 2007 2:18:46 PM

8. 24PLAY...u'r 2 funny!!

Posted by: Shabaka | Oct 3, 2007 2:33:31 PM

9. Why was Dr. Kirby's shirt flung open halfway through the procedure?

Posted by: B,a | Oct 3, 2007 2:51:37 PM

10. Right on, PJ! LMAO.

Someone should show him photos of Pete Burns (sorry, Petey! Still love ya, you big freak).

I'm ALL for a good peel, some Botox from time to time and if necessary, a GOOD brow and eyelift, but there was nothing even remotely wrong with his lips. LMAO@24Play. HAHAHAHAHAHAAHHA!

Posted by: FizziekruntNT | Oct 3, 2007 2:54:18 PM

11. omigod! I look SOOO fabulous! I mean, I was already really really fabulous, but now with this silicone in my face, I look super extra fabulashfabulous!!! Can I get any more fabulous? I don't think so!!!

I so can't wait to see what she looks like in 10 years. Hopefully like Edwina from AbFab in the plastic surgery nightmare.

Posted by: BRUNO | Oct 3, 2007 3:38:47 PM

12. That was so utterly stupid. He had absolutely fine lips before. There was nothing average about him; he was already pretty damn hot. Absurdity.

Why would people even take the risk of looking like that guy from Flipping Out?! His face, which you can tell probably one day was good looking, is just a train wreck. Let's see how Jai's lips look like 5-10 years from now...

Posted by: Ryan | Oct 3, 2007 3:52:32 PM

13. I don't think this has anything to do with plastic surgury. I think it's just the ongoing sad and pitiful lengths to which some people will go to be on television - - especially the reality tv people.

It's all so desperate in a Sunset Boulevard and Mommie Dearest way. Watch me, look at me, approve of me... yuck!

Posted by: BeeDee | Oct 3, 2007 3:54:04 PM

14. Yeah,,,,well I don't think his lips are the reason he is not Hotter! look at the two pictures, Kai looks like your cousin from NJ who can't find the right man. Mario looks like effin princess diana compared to his vin ordinare boy next door appearance, Oh, Well, good luck with the surgery. Next Stop Crazytown ..................

Posted by: Richie | Oct 3, 2007 6:00:03 PM

15. I like the thought of Mario's lips on my body too.

Posted by: Robguy | Oct 3, 2007 6:15:11 PM

16. Vanity, vanity, all is vanity. I've known so many of these vain "pretty boys" throughout the years. Very nice to look at, but then they open their mouths and their brains fall out.

Jai, looks are fleeting. Work to develop your real talent(s). I think there will be a price to pay sometime in the future for all these chemical compounds injected and implanted. Accept what nature gave you. I might add that nature has been quite good to you.

Posted by: Bob R | Oct 3, 2007 7:00:16 PM

17. Yes, Jai, looking more and more homogenized and less and less individualistic is the way to go. The less of YOU there is in the world, the better (as long as it's all captured on TV).

The more one reads about the celebrity world, the more it seems they are all suffering from some disease...and the more fame they get the worse the disease is.

Posted by: E.Gads | Oct 3, 2007 8:07:01 PM

18. Jai will look like Joan Rivers ... when he turns 30!

Ugh, these low self-esteem entertainers are all going the route of the other one: the cat lady from New York.

They'll have a lot of people staring at them. They'll think they are being stared cuz they are "beautiful". These people are so dilusional, they'll be making fun of the BAD PLASTIC SURGERY!

Speaking of ... if Jai continues with this , he will end up here:

;-)

Posted by: FunMe | Oct 3, 2007 8:31:42 PM

19. "As your tools improve, so do your standards. There was a time, we were happy enough to remove a wart or two, or turn a real circus freak into something you can show in the daylight. But that was then, when we took what we got. But nowadays what excuse do we have not to sculpt, and sculpt, and sculpt, until the job is done?"

Posted by: Steinman | Oct 3, 2007 11:13:19 PM

20. I wouldnt be surprised that he'd do anything to get his name in print...

I've had the 'pleasure' of working with Jai. He's an extremely lucky man, as his only talent is... well, I never knew what his talent was.

Plus, for someone who made his name on a makeover show, his apartment was disgustingly filthy with nothing but pictures of himself on display and dusty dog crap on the floors. We all were afraid to sit down and couldn't wait to leave.

Posted by: Anonymous (for this one) | Oct 4, 2007 1:17:16 AM

21. Well, well, well.
    Some people will do anything to get on television. I've always found him a talentless lump of plastic anyway. I mean, really. The guy's name is Jay. JAY. Not JAI. Any asshole who would change the spelling of his name from Jay to Jai deserves nothing but derision.
    And anyone as perfectly good-looking as he is to think he needs f-ing lip implants is a superficial queen.
    What's next, JAY? A beard implant so you'll have Jake Gyllenhaal facial hair?
    YAWN.

Posted by: TPL | Oct 4, 2007 10:43:27 PM

22. Wow such bitchery! The comments for this post seem absurdly harsh considering all the dude did was get a few shots in his face - lighten up folks its all smoke and mirrors anyway.

Posted by: GIovanni | Oct 4, 2007 11:02:13 PM

23. LOL..lots of bitchy gays here..jealous much...live and let live...

Posted by: jake | Oct 5, 2007 1:33:43 AM