Fashion Men | Grooming | Magazines | News | Tom Ford

BigGayDeal.com

Tom Ford: "I'm an Equal Opportunity Objectifier"

Ford

OUT has been publishing several outtakes from their November issue's saucy Tom Ford shoot in which he talks about his recent quest to become a film director, as well as how he feels about dressing appropriately for one's age (or undressing appropriately as the case may be).

One (NSFW) shot that was too hot for the magazine and riffs on his recent fragrance campaign can be seen by clicking on the photo above.

Said Ford: "It was meant to be a play on the new campaign, but there’s a double standard with featuring female nudity and featuring male nudity. When people say to me, 'Well, you objectify women,' [I say,] I’m an equal opportunity objectifier."

For more on the "male fragrance ad" and to see the shoot and Tom in all his bare-assed glory, head on over to OUT.

Product Placement [out]

Comments

1. "...a [crack] / by any other name [sh]ould smell as sweet"

Posted by: Gianpiero | Oct 10, 2007 6:13:30 PM

2. Can you imagine Calvin Klein doing this back in his day?

Yeah, he might have been closeted, but do you think he would have made a SPECTACLE of himself like Ford?

No, instead CK kept his mystique. And yes he had a good body. But he was NOT a model, he was a designer!

Ford pretty much has lowered the standard for male designers now.

Posted by: FunMe | Oct 10, 2007 7:15:56 PM

3. gutter trash, plain and simple.

Posted by: Jordan | Oct 10, 2007 8:44:16 PM

4. Do you think it doubles as lube?

Posted by: Wheezy | Oct 10, 2007 10:01:44 PM

5. The people posting sure are a bitter and judgemental lot.

I wonder if it is a Manhattan thing?

Posted by: rjp3 | Oct 11, 2007 10:09:40 AM

6. Guys, i guess Tom is just doing his own thing, and you don't need class for that.

Posted by: ARMANI | Oct 11, 2007 10:18:21 AM

7. LOL at all of you!
    Granted, I will never know as much as a gay man about fashion...but Lord, people, ease up off a sister! Tom Ford is a gorgeous man. Of course he's probably an asshole. Most gorgeous, intelligent men are. But damn, y'all are a judgmental lot! I wonder what y'all say about Paris and Britney!

Personally, I think the ad is provocative, and I like seeing the sexual tables turned and have men be objectified for once. And if that involves some naked ass and thighs, then bring it on. If it were Jake Gyllenhaal's or Cristian Ranaoldo's, you might not all be bitching so much.

Posted by: devilgirl | Oct 13, 2007 9:17:03 PM