Dad Becomes Instant Gay Pride Statement with Dumbledore Tattoo

Dumbledoretattoo

A father of five in the UK is apparently being teased by his kids and his co-workers now that Dumbledore, which he spent a year getting tattooed onto his back, has been outed by J.K. Rowling.

Said Paul Croft to The Sun: “It’s been terrible. I’ve always liked Dumbledore – just not in that way. I went into work and everyone was sniggering. When I walked in, one of the lads said, ‘Oi, Paul – heard about Dumbledore?’ There were wisecracks about ‘Watch your backs, lads.’ Someone asked me if I was planning to get a tattoo of Graham Norton. I thought, ‘Why me?’ It seemed like a good idea at the time. The whole thing took nearly a year. I was really pleased with the result. The tattoo is about 2ft in length and shows Dumbledore played by Richard Harris – who was the original and best. I don’t regret it and I’m not going to get rid of it.”

The tattoo, which cost him £500, shows Dumbledore holding a scroll with the names of his five children.

Recently
J.K. Rowling: Dumbledore is a Gay Wizard Daddy [tr]

Comments

1. JerzeMike says

Oh, boy! Yeah, I can see where that can be a little embarrassing, especially around working-class mates in the U.K. It will blow over though, just having a laugh for now. It really is a nice tattoo-the intention was to have something nice to honour his children with a character they probably enjoyed.

I’m curious to see how this will effect the HP franchise now the so-called secret is out.

2. Becks07 says

Poor man — you know, sometimes, being a white trash chav can be such a drag!!!

What a load of crap.

3. says

Ack Im so over the holier-than-thou attitude of people toward tattoos. Granted, it sadly has some sort of a “vogue” quailty to it. However, to simply write it off that way is both unfair and ignorant. Does one comment on the trend of pierced ears in the same way? If one thinks about it, piercing ones ears is in fact self mutilation for vanity and certainly one of the biggest trends of the last fifty + years. There are poor choices in tattooing. There are mistakes and such as well. To simply just call it as a trend with no meaning or value is just a surface statement.

4. vanitysmurf says

re: Joe’s comment about pierced ears

Yes, that’s mutilation too. Yes, that’s class based too. There’s a reason why really high end jewelers don’t have much selection in the way of “earrings for pierced ears.” The only virtue of piercing is that it will heal over when you take it out.

As for this guy… maybe he could turn it into something like that girl in NH or VT who’s Beetle got spray painted “fag.” She did some sort of “tolerance tour” type thing instead of imediately repainting the car. That could make the whole thing even more amusing.

5. says

Actually, depending on the duration of time, they might not necessarily heal.

Though, I will say thats an awful tattoo. The class system comment seems a bit outdated to me given the stated popularity of tattooing.

6. EM says

“And leave it to The Sun to find the one person in all of Britain who has this issue, just so they can extend the homophobia by one more day.

What a load of crap.”

——————-

Oh absolutely. They are the most homophobic guilty rag on earth. So full of their own brainless shit which is degrading to women and OTT with faux-nationalism.

But, he doesnt sound too bad. He’s not regretting it and there’s nothing wrong with Dumbledore being gay. The character is legendary, so what! He’s a fictional human character, you have to accept him for whatever he is.

7. Rey says

Joe, you are absolutely correct.

And for any lazy fool to automatically equate “tattoo” with the reprehensible classification “white trash” should be taken out back.

I have met so many very intelligent people who have tattoos where they are not casually observed on a day-to-day basis. In a way, moving stealthily through the world while only showing them to other like-minded (or at least tolerant, non-judgmental gits) is a lot like a gay person “passing” in heterosexual society. You hear the damndest most ignorant comments from people who just assume you’re “on their side” when in fact it just demonstrates how brazenly ignorant they really are.

If you don’t like tattoos on yourself, don’t get them. If you don’t like tattoos on people you sleep with, don’t fuck people with tattoos.

And if you just don’t like tattoos on anybody and think that gives you the right to put those who do down, you can just go fuck yourself.

Is that language low-class enough for you?

8. RP says

Hahaha!

What did he expect with such a stupid subject matter?

Even worse, I have known a girl since elementary school (now 27) who just found out she is pregnant. She has a c#ck tattooed on her leg rising from clouds with the words “C%ck of
    Ages” below it. On her chest she has a vagina with sharp teeth and bat wings.

Now I can’t stop giggling whenever I think of that poor child breast feeding and looking at that scary vagina-bat thing.

9. jt says

it looks like he left room for a couple future children. I hope “wanting to get Dumbledore tattooed on you” isn’t hereditary.

then again, as far as inheriting genes from that guy goes, his kids should worry about a lot more than tattoo preferences.

10. Karl says

Mattelboy, tattooing being unattractive socially to some people is mainly as a result of people getting faces from pop culture tattooed on their backs.

Tattooing is not necessarily bad. It’s bad when there’s a chance you’re going to regret having the face of a fictional homosexual permanently part of you though.

Good for Paul Croft for standing for character against prejudice.

11. Stefanie says

Give me a break serious, this is a fake character. Not a real person. Regardless if they are gay or not shouldn’t really matter in the first place, but more so because they are FAKE!!! Hello! Am I the only one that can see that? I read all the HP books, I love dumbledore my view on his “Char.” doesn’t change cause he turned out gay, which I think only was mentioned by J.K. Rowling to get more book sales, she wanted more of the gay/lesbian population to read the books. Isn’t she rich enough. More money then the queen of england, geez I would say so. This guy is not the only one in the world that has Dumbledore’s tattoo, and unless your a homophobic idiot nothing about the books changes. It was just another way for J.K. to get attention. Give it up already, people were pissed at how crappy you ended the 7th book, you can only keep people happy for so long and people will be disappointed. So do what? Start trashing all the characters. What’s next Sirius was once involved with Dumbledore? Just give it up already.

12. paul croft says

thanx for the comments, some good some twats but u r all entitled 2 ur opion, but as for my daughter paris her mother gave her that name, and infact her name is paris-rose a double barrel name, u lot call the name paris but u r all there sniffing at paris hilton when she is out so yea i might b white hard working trash but i am not a 2 faced tossers oh and by the my a lot of my friends r gay and my kids love the tattoo and keep asking me to add more to hit.