Benjamin Nicholas | Larry Flynt | News | Republican Party | Trent Lott

BigGayDeal.com

Is a Male Escort Behind Trent Lott's Resignation?

Trentlottescort

Mississippi Senator Trent Lott announced today he'll be resigning by year's end.

The decision to retire only one year after a re-election many people saw as a rebound from the Throm Sturmond birthday scandal that caused him to lose his Majority Leader post had some scratching their heads.

Others are already alleging that it's a pre-emptive resignation designed to lighten the fallout from a scandal that is just about to hit.

That's what the site Big Head DC is saying, anyway:

Via Big Head DC: "The boy happens to be real, and his 'stage name' is Benjamin Nicholas. One of the politicos Big Head DC has learned he’s alleged to have been involved with is the married Sen. Trent Lott, 66, who unexpectedly announced his retirement on Monday. Lott is well-known to have been against a plethora of gay rights issues throughout his terms in Congress. He was also good friends with Sen. Larry Craig throughout his time in Congress. Nicholas told Big Head DC today via e-mail that he didn’t want to go on the record to talk about his dealings with Lott, because, said Nicholas, 'Trent is going through his fair share of scrutiny right now and I don’t want to add to it.' However, e-mail and other records confirm that the two have met on at least two occasions. 'All I can say at this point is no comment,' Nicholas told us. 'It’s the professional thing for me to do.' In a subsequent e-mail message, Nicholas confirmed that another publication is working on a story about a 'possible relationship' between Lott and himself, but Nicholas also 'politely declined' an interview for that story. 'As I said before, Lott has quite a bit on his plate right now and I don’t really want to add fuel to the embers,' Nicholas told Big Head DC."

More at the source. Benjamin Nicholas, the alleged escort, who once wrote an article for Seattle's The Stranger newspaper about the importance of confidentiality in the escort business, is denying relations with Lott: "I will continue to offer a great sense of confidentiality to the people I see. I have not, nor have I ever seen or had contact with Senator Trent Lott. It's as simple as that. It never happened."

And as far as that "other" publication, Larry Flynt just told FOX he's "hoping to expose a bombshell" within the next week or two. We'll see, I guess.

Take it for what you will, but given that 2007 is the year of the hypocritical Republican, nothing would surprise me.

UPDATE: Larry Flynt makes an extremely ambiguous statement.

Lott Says He'll Resign by End of Year [ap]
Trent Lott Fallout: The Gay Escort Who Knew Too Much [big head dc]

Previously
Mississippi Senator and Minority Whip Trent Lott to Resign [tr]

Comments

1. Oh man, if this is true I will have died and gone to heaven. What is wrong with these people? HAHAHAHAHA.

Of course, innocent until proven guilty. That smirky, smarmy bastard.

Posted by: Paul | Nov 26, 2007 6:34:39 PM

2. WOW!!!! If there is even a shred of truth to this...LOOK OUT! I hope every damn one of them are exposed!!!!! I am tire of the religeous right and their so called "good boys" in congress that have hi-jacked my party!!!! I may be a repub, but I am out and proud.

The closeted ones that are voting against us and playing on the side deserve EVERYTHING THAT THEY HAVE COMING....expose them all and sooner rather than later.

Posted by: RB | Nov 26, 2007 6:39:36 PM

3. At least Trent has good taste. That boy is smokin' hot.

Posted by: Paul | Nov 26, 2007 6:40:02 PM

4. Indeed he is, Paul. Definitely worth going to Hell for.

Ah those Republicans!

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Nov 26, 2007 6:49:43 PM

5. I agree, Paul, but this won't be in the NY Times with more info and better sources.

Posted by: anon (gmail.com) | Nov 26, 2007 6:50:33 PM

6. This seems almost too good to be true, but i said the exact same thing about Haggard, so...

Can't wait for the Larry Flynt bombshell.

Posted by: Marco | Nov 26, 2007 7:00:43 PM

7. yes Yes YES!

Posted by: Jorge | Nov 26, 2007 7:02:11 PM

8. Big Head DC is not the most reliable source of information, so I wouldn't get too excited just yet. Most likely, Lott wants to become a lobbyist before a change in the law at the end of the year restricts his business. Republicans tend to be greedy, in addition to being hypocrits about sex and most other matters. Still, I'll be watching to see if and the sex scandal story develops (or doesn't).

Posted by: Michael | Nov 26, 2007 7:02:39 PM

9. This is what Benjamin had to say on his site:"
    It looks like a Washington DC-based blog called BigHeadDC is making claim that there was (or, is) a working relationship between myself and Senator Trent Lott. There are falsely pieced-together quotes that serve no purpose other than to sensationalize a completely fabricated scoop.

Benjamin Nicholas"

Posted by: Jason | Nov 26, 2007 7:09:32 PM

10. Trent Lott equated Homosexuality to Kleptomania. I so hope this scandal is true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: jimmyboyo | Nov 26, 2007 7:11:38 PM

11. But he could be lying since he also write this article for The Stranger re: the Mike Jones/Ted Haggard scandal:

Posted by: Jason | Nov 26, 2007 7:15:34 PM

12. Good find, Jason. He's totally lying under the guise of being "professional".

Posted by: Rey | Nov 26, 2007 7:18:36 PM

13. If you want to call it "professional" to want to save your career, then yeah he's being professional. It will be curious to see if the email and other details on their contact hold any weight.

After all, Foley was brought down on the strength of IMs. These older guys don't seem to understand that electronic communications don't simply evaporate in the ether of the Internet.

Posted by: Paul | Nov 26, 2007 7:32:53 PM

14. That kleptomaniac escort stole Lott's heart...

Posted by: Mike | Nov 26, 2007 7:35:32 PM

15. LOL Mike

badum boom

Be sure and tip your waitress

Posted by: jimmyboyo | Nov 26, 2007 8:00:52 PM

16. LOL Mike

badum boom

Be sure and tip your waitress

Posted by: jimmyboyo | Nov 26, 2007 8:01:16 PM

17. I don't understand why Larry Flynt hasn't just hired some private detectives to trail around some of the hotter male escorts in the DC area. Passively requesting information's nice, but catching people in the act and smearing them in public seems a lot more fun.

Then again, I want really horrible things to happen to all these hypocrites actively working to make my life unnecessarily difficult. :)

Posted by: Iko | Nov 26, 2007 8:26:23 PM

18. I'm sorry, but I just can't wrap my brain around this one. It's too outlandish. Too insane. Too perfect, if true.

And too damn vile someone as pretty as Benjamin was dealing with something as skanky as Trent, over and over. I'd love it to be true...but I just cannot wrap my brain around it.

But then again...could be God DOES have a sense of humor...and poetic justice.

Posted by: jemmytee | Nov 26, 2007 8:43:58 PM

19. This guy is a true pro and smart. Plus he's hawt-not my jam, but definitely hawt!

Read between the lines of the statements he provided Big Head DC: In his first quote, he refers to "Trent", suggesting they are at least on a first-name basis. Then he's really empathizing with Lott- the trait that makes him a great escort. Then he says "no comment" because "it's the professional thing to do". He only comes out with a full-out denial when pressed.

I respect him for not wanted to breach confidentiality-it is implicit in the agreement between escort & client. Plus of course he has many more years of lucrative work ahead of him and doesn't want to blow it (ha).

I don't begrudge Mike Jones his decision either- to each his own. Frankly, asking an escort to cop for you is REALLY lame. Haggard, that big mess, apparently didn't really earn Jones' discretion- the way Lott apparently has of BN.

In my days as an escort, I earned the equivalent of a six figure salary (just no health care or 401K!). I saw politicians (thankfully NOT closeted republicans), name-brand designers, Oscar and Grammy winners, married men, and executives. Discretion is KEY. Without it, you're just another street hustler trying to get over.

Posted by: dc10001 | Nov 26, 2007 9:09:26 PM

20. Well, I say if this is true, it's time to fire everyone on Capitol Hill and start over with regular people who aren't privileged and aren't multi-millionaires.

Posted by: Bobby | Nov 26, 2007 9:11:03 PM

21. Sorry to be obsessed with this, but I am. The boy states in The Stranger:

"If a client's actions inside or outside our time together affect me in a negative way, then I can drop that particular client. I don't pass judgment on them, and I sure as hell wouldn't "out" any of them."

The Stranger is edited by Dan Savage, who I generally respect. And Dan is firmly on record as saying that whores should keep their mouths shut.

Well guess what? No. Sorry if it cuts off the income of a male prostitute and makes them have to get a real job. Especially if that prostitute identifies as gay. If your clients actively doing damage to the gay community, and you keep your mouth shut, then you're worse that what this built man-child accuses Mike Jones of. You are actively undermining your own interests and those of millions of other people.

So, regardless of whether this is true, fuck the "hooker code of silence." Grow up and recognize the greater good. You aren't interested in helping these hypocrites or being "professional," you just want to keep the money flowing to support your occasionally lavish, rather sad lifestyle.

Again, we don't know enough to pass judgment on Trent Lott's sexual proclivities. But we do know he's a complete asshole. Stop acting like a "noble hooker."

I have nothing against prostitutes (though I pity them), and I am not remotely prude. But come on, don't act like it's a noble profession, and furtive, hallow secrecy is more important than disarming our enemies.

Posted by: Paul | Nov 26, 2007 9:17:50 PM

22. Oh, Lott was a cheerleader like George Bush, too. Could the President be the next one being forced out of the closet. Kitty Kelly's book on the Bush family speculated that George had an affair with Victor Ashe, one of his Yale roommates. Bush appointed Ashe, the former mayor of Knoxville, Tenn.; as ambassador to Poland. My mother is from Knoxville and she says all the police knew Ashe was gay. This is like Tom Cruise, though, like Kathy Griffin says, "Now that Tom has gone batshit crazy, the gays don't want to claim him!" I feel the same about the worst President ever.

Posted by: georgiaguy | Nov 26, 2007 9:27:51 PM

23. People can explain all the rules and "ethics" and etiquette of escorting and explain how it's different from being "just another street hustler" all they want but the fact is they are "just another street hustler" only better compensated.

I find it ironic and amusing listening to escorts, who for a price will rent themselves out to married men and closet cases, going on and on about how ethical and honorable and classy they are for keeping their client lists discreet.

Sounds like honor among thieves to me.

Posted by: Zeke | Nov 26, 2007 9:33:53 PM

24. Looking at the denial

"I will continue to offer a great sense of confidentiality to the people I see."

In other words "If I did, I'd say I never serviced him."

In other words

"Some biatches are ruining my ka-ching. All my johns have nothing to worry about. PLEASE!!!!!!!! don't worry, I know how to keep my mouth shut. Really I do. Even if you do pay me for sex, I will deny. I swear I will. Trent honey, sorry. Please call me, I need money since all my johns are running scared to other escorts now."

Posted by: jimmyboyo | Nov 26, 2007 10:10:57 PM

25. I have a feeling it has more to do with Congressional rules that change beginning in January. If Lott were to finish his term, then he would have to wait two years before he could return to the Hill as a lobbyist.

If he were to leave office at the end of this year, he can follow the rules that are in place now which are, as I understand them, that former members of the Senate and House can lobby immediately without a "cooling off" period.

Posted by: Dave | Nov 26, 2007 10:13:01 PM