Film | Ian McKellen | Justin Timberlake | News

Sir Ian McKellen Thinks Justin Timberlake Should Play Him on Film

Jt1

Via Monsters and Critics:

Mckellen"Sir Ian McKellen wants Justin Timberlake to play him in a musical about his life. The 'Lord of the Rings' star is keen to see his eventful life played out on stage and thinks the pop heartthrob would be the perfect person to portray him. He said: 'Justin vaguely resembles people in my family, and I think he is really talented.'"

According to his former N'Sync bandmate, Justin has expressed an interest in playing a gay role.

McKellen also reportedly scolded movie studios for encouraging actors to stay in the closet: "With all that liberal attitude in Hollywood, you have a local industry which is saying to local people who live in the area, 'When you come to work, you are not gay.' And I think to myself, 'Can people whose minds work like that make good films? And if at the heart of Hollywood there is that lie, how many other lies are there?' And it's the producers who have this problem - God knows what sort of people they are - who think that it's impossible for you and me to fancy the same person. Well, what dull lives they must have."

Jt2

Comments

1. All right, this is one of those "tongue in cheek" sort of statements, right? And Justin just doesn't have nicest cheeks for that, Sir Ian.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Nov 15, 2007 10:35:46 AM

2. Ugh! JT is an overrated, overly produced, marginally talented, white middle class frat boy acting black. His concert on HBO was boring as watching paint dry and he can't act shit to save his life.

Posted by: dons888 | Nov 15, 2007 10:38:33 AM

3. In the second photo JT says, "DAMN, my skin may be black but my dick is still sooooo small."

Posted by: Toby | Nov 15, 2007 10:41:50 AM

4. I _love_ Sir Ian, but I really think it's time to shave. The beard is making him look a little like Saddam Hussein in his spider-hole phase.

Get thee to a stylist!
    :-)

Posted by: tjc | Nov 15, 2007 11:10:43 AM

5. Cosign Dons888!

Posted by: soulbrotha | Nov 15, 2007 12:01:47 PM

6. Justin usually looks pretty good it photos, not handsome in the classic way. But with his clothes off, man he looks hot. Yummy!

Posted by: yum | Nov 15, 2007 12:46:43 PM

7. When did he gain weight?? Still not "artistic" enough for me,though!

Posted by: Shabaka | Nov 15, 2007 1:19:45 PM

8. TJC: Serena is playing King Lear in rep at the moment, so I think the beard helps with being in the part.

Posted by: Mike | Nov 15, 2007 1:52:40 PM

9. I have never wanted to be oil befor but I have now

Posted by: Dereck | Nov 25, 2007 5:27:56 PM

10. amo a justin timberlake desde que estaba en n'sync soy de Chile y lo adoro .
    ahora esta como solista pero igual es mi idolo .

I love justin .

Posted by: priscilla | Feb 1, 2008 10:12:48 PM

11. I just love Justin. He is a hottie and a gay icon. I just hate this trend of hair on the face, and shaving it off everywhere else. I wish he would shave his face, and stop shaving his arms and chest!

Posted by: Richard Hatch | Feb 11, 2008 12:58:24 AM

12. justin timberlake is so so hot. and i love the beard.... makes him look much more sexier..... he is sooooooooo soooooooooo sooooooooo hot!!!!

Posted by: IHadSexWithJustinTimberlake | May 14, 2008 12:00:07 AM