Fashion Men | Film | Magazines | News | Zachary Quinto

BigGayDeal.com

Zachary Quinto is Spock: First Look

Spock

Last July I posted about the casting of Zachary Quinto as Spock in JJ Abrams new Star Trek film. Behold the first image. They've been shooting in California in some sort of converted chapel. There are lots of lower quality shots here.

Below (left), Quinto talks Sylar and Spock. On the right, a behind-the-scenes look at a recent GQ Taiwan photo shoot.

Quinto1 Quinto2

Here are a few selected scans. Quinto is not the most conventional looking actor, but that's certainly what makes him stand out.

Quinto3

Quinto fans, don't miss...
Flashback: Heroes' Sylar Hits the Sauna [tr]

Comments

1. I am just blown away how much he looks like Nimoy with the hair and ears on.

But I think Quinto is damn HOT but after seeing him in those pointy ears I may have just fallen in love.

Posted by: BVC | Nov 13, 2007 9:12:56 AM

2. I'm looking forward to this movie... I miss Star Trek.

Posted by: Timothy | Nov 13, 2007 9:30:39 AM

3. Mmmmm... I loves me some hairy-chested Vulcan!

Posted by: Jeff | Nov 13, 2007 9:39:46 AM

4. Isn't he supposed to be gay in real life, and out of the closet? Does anybody know?

Posted by: sam | Nov 13, 2007 9:41:05 AM

5. Sam,

Pretty sure that isn't true, or at least confirmed. As far as I know, there are rumors but they might simply stem from the character he played on that Tori Spelling show (he played her gay best friend and kissed some dude in the sauna).

He is like the hottest thing ever. Total nerd hotness.

Posted by: David | Nov 13, 2007 10:46:30 AM

6. Anyone with any hint of a gaydar can detect his gayness from a mile away.

So odd looking, but so hot.

Posted by: John | Nov 13, 2007 11:19:03 AM

7. Quinto is "Hollywood Out," similar to DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES' Tuc Watkins (or the higher profile Jodie Foster and Anderson Cooper) which means three things:

1 - pretty much out to friends, families, and selected co-workers

2 - coy when asked but largely unable/unwilling to lie or 'play the game' of talking about how much he'd like to hook up with the latest starlet, and exceptionally willing to embrace gay causes and parts (not just talking about the Tori show; Quinto plays gay or bi on stage and in TV over and over again, and good for him).

3 - Relative 'outness' decreases as profile and career grows...likely due to strong advice/threats/instructions from higher ups and agents or simply fear that being out will tank all the hard work they have put in to do the one thing they love.

I actually am just fine with "Hollywood Out" ... as long as you don't lie to yourself or loved ones, you have the right to decide what level of public outness or advocacy you wish to take on.

There are actually a number of old discussions on this (some with better evidence, though often circumstantial, than "he played gay!") on his IMDB board archive...some are stupid, but the picture is painted better there.

Or you can go on the shakier, but more fun, evidence offered by his interviews on his one-on-one overnight food-and-bonding sleepovers in Tori's bed giggling till they fell asleep, or his declaration of thank to god that skinny jeans are "over" in a more recent interview...

Posted by: lims | Nov 13, 2007 11:23:25 AM

8. Zoolander Jackson is forever working on her trademark look. Here we see the ever popular Blue Steel, Ferrari, and the world premiere of Life Alert.

Posted by: Princess Superstar | Nov 13, 2007 11:35:46 AM

9. Too many pics of him might bring about pon farr.

Posted by: anon (gmail.com) | Nov 13, 2007 12:41:30 PM

10. I dont know this guy so much. But he is really handsome in the picture.He seems to have a personal account at a millionaire&celebrity dating club www.meetrich.com with his pictures and blog. He is so popular there. I hope I were him, thus I can date those hot girls there...LOL

Posted by: mmlobe | Nov 13, 2007 12:48:33 PM

11. That dude presses my buttons big time.

Posted by: Himbo with Highlites | Nov 14, 2007 12:02:47 AM