Christmas | Clint Mauro | Fashion Men | News | Ryan Barry | Underwear

Armani Exchange Announces Winner of Underwear Model Search

Ax1

::EXCLUSIVE::

Last night, at an intimate dinner hosted by Armani Exchange and GQ, Ryan Barry was announced as the winner of the nationwide search for the next A/X underwear model. While I served on a consulting panel of judges (which, let me tell you, was a grueling task!), the most influence over the decision was exerted by the results of a public internet polling process.

Here are the three finalists, shot by photographer Matthew Scrivens at Pier 59 in New York this week: Ryan Barry (above), Daniel Lee (below, left) and Michael Bellantuono (below, right).

Ax2 Ax3

Related
Behind the Billboards: Clint Mauro [tr]
Clint Mauro for Armani Exchange — A/X Underwear [tr]
(note: a/x is an occasional advertiser on towleroad)

Comments

1. All 3 are hotties that I'd do unspeakable things for, but I agree, Ryan is the most gorgeous.

But what is with the underwear? It looks like something your grandfather would wear. I like far skimpier styles myself.

Posted by: Jordan | Dec 13, 2007 3:41:03 PM

2. Ryan's claim to fame (the other one) bears mentioning, no? Reichen's lover. All three guys look great. I think I like the Michael Carbonaroesque, lankier one even better. But all are great and I'm sure that was hard work, Andy.

Posted by: Matthew Rettenmund | Dec 13, 2007 3:44:48 PM

3. It was a chore! Actually Matthew, I didn't mention that other detail because I felt as though Ryan deserved to stand on his own merits, of which he has many.

Posted by: andy | Dec 13, 2007 3:48:23 PM

4. Well Reichen certainly has a hottie! Where's Leland when you need him?

Posted by: Wayne | Dec 13, 2007 3:49:20 PM

5. While Ryan Berry is a excellent choice, I would have voted for Michael.

Posted by: dave | Dec 13, 2007 3:54:14 PM

6. I don't know how it is humanly possible to develop a body like that. I am in awe.
    And lust.

Posted by: sam | Dec 13, 2007 3:54:38 PM

7. I always stand in the windowsill when I'm putting on my underwear too!

Posted by: crispy | Dec 13, 2007 3:57:10 PM

8. Holy Crap! He is so fricken gorgeous. The right choice in my opinion. Reichen is one lucky weasel.

Posted by: secretagentman | Dec 13, 2007 4:08:13 PM

9. I'm usually the last person to step into the whole race thing, but it's so predictable the the whitest looking guy won. Gotta love the gays for perpetuating the same boring stereotype of white males as the pinnacle of hotness.

Posted by: Nick | Dec 13, 2007 4:10:22 PM

10. The other predictable thing is that they all have, race aside, interchangeably hairless, plastic-looking gym bodies. Yawn. Yawn. Yawn.

Posted by: Ernie | Dec 13, 2007 4:21:17 PM

11. It's not possible to develop a body like that, or I should say, without a little extra body make-up and Photoshop. Drooling over pictures is a little like believing in unicorns. That being said, Ryan does have the best body of the bunch.

I don't think race is a factor here at all, btw. Ryan's body is the best. He looks the best in nothing but underwear, nuff' said. I actually think he looks more ethnic than usual in that photo.

Posted by: junior | Dec 13, 2007 4:26:10 PM

12. Wow, the whitest dude won. I like Daniel Lee best.

Posted by: Javier | Dec 13, 2007 4:28:22 PM

13. Is "Ryan Barry" the same as "Ryan Berry" from bouska.net?

Posted by: Jay | Dec 13, 2007 4:35:58 PM

14. I'll take one of each, thank you.

Posted by: ken | Dec 13, 2007 4:38:06 PM

15. Wow he is ridiculously hot. I love that he has skinny legs.

A|X underwear though, yeah, way too expensive and not very soft, and unflattering cuts. Definitely wouldn't buy it.

Posted by: JLS | Dec 13, 2007 4:46:31 PM

16. Do straight guys ever wear jockey shorts anymore?

They'd probably start to itchin' and sweatin' between the cheeks--why, they couldn't function. I think Gay guys can wear jockey shorts, bikinis, thongs, etc. because we have more control over our private places...except on a Saturday night.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Dec 13, 2007 4:49:29 PM

17. I once stood in the window in just a pair of briefs. The shrieks of horror from the street below was deafening.

Posted by: Tom | Dec 13, 2007 5:00:03 PM

18. Oh yeah, Eddie! Beget the son and heir!

Hooray for photshop, makeup, and unicorns too!

Posted by: Princess Superstar | Dec 13, 2007 5:26:59 PM

19. Ryan Barry has a gorgeous face and a perfect body. I would bet that body came from a combination of genetics, spartan diet, long and regular workouts and a generous supply of steroids (they don't all make you big).

Posted by: peterparker | Dec 13, 2007 5:38:56 PM

20. I think you all made the right choice.

Posted by: Meeg | Dec 13, 2007 5:41:35 PM

21. Holy crap. Wow. Just... wow.

Posted by: Brian | Dec 13, 2007 6:14:27 PM

22. Oh Give me a break. This guy Ryan advertised himself for this "contest" at TMZ.com. He also claimed to be training for the Olympics, PHD candidate, honors graduate, etc. etc. Now he aspires to be an underwear model? WTF? Too bad low self esteem and insecurity trumps his intelligence. He had to pay TMZ.com for advertising so he can win this "contest" for modeling an underwear. The gay community needs better role models than trash loving z-listers.

Posted by: dons888 | Dec 13, 2007 6:17:24 PM

23. To each his own. Of the three, my personal choice from these photos is Ryan. BUT, I see him from time to time at the gym and all I can say is make-up and good lighting can make ANYONE look good.

Posted by: JR | Dec 13, 2007 6:22:53 PM

24. I'll take all 3. Don't bother to gift wrap, I'll just carry them home the way they are. And don't worry about the warrantee because I can assure you that I AM NOT BRINGING THEM BACK!!!

Posted by: Dom | Dec 13, 2007 6:41:13 PM

25. Y-Fronts and every variation there-of; support a man anotomically in the proper manner. But get real- we buy underwear based on the Sex factor. That in mind; I'd be more inclined to part ways with my beloved Hanro's if Daniel Lee were on the box.
    What were you guys smoking?????

Posted by: lexxicuss | Dec 13, 2007 6:49:37 PM