Ann Coulter | Election 2008 | Hillary Clinton | John McCain | News

Ann Coulter: I'd Campaign for Hillary if McCain is GOP Candidate

Things are getting really confusing.

Colmes has no answer for this latest tirade from Ann Coulter, asking her to fill in for him next week after she declares that she'd vote for Hillary Clinton over John McCain. In fact, she'd campaign for her.

Says Coulter: "She's more conservative than he is. I think she'd be stronger on the war on terrorism. I absolutely believe that...I will campaign for her if it's McCain. He has led the fight against torture at Guantanamo. She hasn't done that. She hasn't taken a position in front....He keeps going on and on about how he was the only Republican who supported the surge and other Republicans attacked him. It was so awful how he was attacked, it was worse than being held in a tiger cage. Well I looked at the record, Republicans all supported the surge. He's not only not the only one who supported the surge. I promise you no Republican attacked him for this and you know why I think he's saying that, Sean. I realize cause he keeps saying it every debate. He's confusing Republicans with his liberal friends. They're the ones who attacked him for it. His real friends...Their positions are about that far apart. When George Bush said at the State of the Union address that the surge is working in Iraq, Obama sat on his hands, Kennedy sat on his hands, Hillary leapt up and applauded that we are winning the surge in Iraq. She gave much better answers in those debates when Democrats like Obama and Biden were all saying what will we do when three cities are attacked. She said I will find who did it and I will go after them. Hillary is absolutely more conservative (than McCain). Moreover, she lies less than John McCain. She's smarter than John McCain. So that when she's caught shamelessly lying. At least the Cliintons know they've been caught lying. McCain is so stupid he doesn't even know he's been caught."

Speaking of voting, is Mann Coulter even allowed to vote anymore?

Meanwhile, Dan Abrams asks if the media is rooting against Hillary. Well, if they're giving Ann Coulter a platform to endorse her, you really do have to wonder...

Comments

1. - Ted Kennedy endorses Obama.

- Ann Coulter endorses Hillary.

All things being equal, I'd say he's having a better week than her.

Posted by: John | Feb 1, 2008 3:07:59 PM

2. Michael Bedwell,

it was a joke! even if a very bad one. jimmyboyo knows very well that i respect his candidate (obama) and i believe he is, by jumps and starts, coming to appreciate mine (hillary). there was no racism intended.

to my chagrin, i didn't include the last line of my last comment which was, "you see how ridiculous this can become?" my reference was to my previous comment about the woefully puerile coverage by the msm of the democratic candidates, and more specifically their nitpicking, hairsplitting coverage of all things hillary. i was trying to demonstrate that if one picks apart the smallest mistake, one can turn it into something that it is not. hence, my unfunny joke.

moreover, there is also the sin of omission. jimmy was misrepresenting the relative liberalism of obama and hillary and the relative conservatism of hillary and mccain. i'll quote from fox news (ugh) and "national journal" which yearly ranks senators by ideology:

"Despite the bitterness pervading the campaign between Clinton and Obama, the two have very similar voting records. The year-in-review showed the two differed on just 10 of the 267 measure they both voted on.
    The two candidates were like “fraternal policy twins,” demonstrating only slight differences.
    National Journal wrote that the two senators supported most measures to withdraw troops from Iraq and comprehensive immigration reform, and that they voted similarly when it came to health care, education, energy and other issues."

and the nyt political blog, ranking senators from 1 to 100, with 100 being the most liberal, showed obama at 84.3 and hillary at 78.8 -- a hardly significant margin.

look, i have said many times from the beginng here that i was proud that the democrats had gathered such a strong field of candidates. and i like and admire both of the remaining candidates. to my mind, though, hillary is the more qualified.

Posted by: nic | Feb 1, 2008 3:43:35 PM

3. Sorry for any and all typos and spelling mistakes

Posted by: Jimmyboyo | Feb 1, 2008 3:44:28 PM

4. PS

Ies NIC, I am becoming more and mor impressed with Hillary.

She was good last night in the debate. I even applauded and cheered the Tv when Blitzer mentioned a joint ticket.

Personaly I would prefer Obama/ Hillary as vs Hillary/ Obama.

:-)

Posted by: Jimmyboyo | Feb 1, 2008 3:46:59 PM

5. damn

More typos

:-)

Posted by: Jimmyboyo | Feb 1, 2008 3:48:32 PM

6. JIMMYBOYO, you're cute.

Posted by: nic | Feb 1, 2008 4:32:54 PM

7. So am I. And so are you, NIC, although I never thought you were up in age like me and Lel...I mean, Mr Bed...I mean, other people.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Feb 1, 2008 4:44:05 PM

8. NIC

:-)

Derrick

I forgot to say thanks for covering my back

Posted by: Jimmyb oyo | Feb 1, 2008 5:11:43 PM

9. RE the upcoming primaries: while I have made clear my preference for Sen. Clinton in the primary, I urge no one to sit this one out; to be immobilized by fear that you might vote for the wrong one, or just plain unable to decide. VOTE!

We have to send a message to Republicans that we are not going to take their shit anymore. That they should be afraid; very afraid to the point of not knowing whether to piss or go blind; to the point of not voting themselves because they believe there's no point! That the huge turnouts in New Hampshire and South Carolina are just the beginning. That we are not just going to take the White House back from these theocratic thugs, but give Dems a REAL majority in Congress that can crush all of their games like a beer can at a fraternity party.

During the debate last night, just as she did during the Howard University debate when she said, "If HIV-AIDS were the leading cause of death of white women between the ages of 25 and 34 there would be an outraged outcry in this country," Sen. Clinton caught this powerful, unprecedented moment in our History exactly when she said that when Romney, Huckabee, and McCain debated, they showed "they are more of the same. Neither of us, just by looking at us, you can tell we are not more of the same. We will change our country."

One or the other; together or apart; let it be so. "Greater than the tread of mighty armies is an idea whose time has come." -Victor Hugo.

Posted by: Michael Bedwell | Feb 1, 2008 5:46:26 PM

10. The only problem is Clinton doesn't know defense from toilet paper and you think her skirt chasing husband going to help her? Not a chance! And Obama? What we got here is a koran thumpin' muslim who says he's a christian but hasn't renounced his Islamic ways. He won't take the oath of office with his right hand on the Holy Bible! No, it has to be the Koran. same as when he took the oath of office for his LAST position. He won't say the Pledge of Allegiance and he won't sing the National Anthem. Not a good man for the Oval office if you ask me. The church he belongs to believes that the country should be led by black people! How's that for a twist! So it's either going to be Clinton/Obama or Obama/Clinton for the democrats.Me, I'm going for Mitt Romney!

Posted by: Larry Cox | Feb 1, 2008 6:10:19 PM

11. What's interesting about Coulter's statement, if it's true, is that, all along, Obama supporters have been saying that Hillary is so divisive that Republicans will rally together and beat in in the general election. Maybe that's not so true after all. If Coulter is feeling that way, other conservative women might feel the same way. The possibility of having the first female president might be more appealing to some women than supporting their party. As for me, I'm a Hillary supporter; if Obama is the candidate, I definitely will vote Republican.

Posted by: sillyme | Feb 1, 2008 6:20:16 PM

12. My mom is a life long republican voter and the other day told she was going for Hillary much to my surprise. Not sure if that is any indication how things are going to go, but my Mom can't be the only one.

Posted by: peter | Feb 1, 2008 7:03:44 PM

13. larry

Obama is not a muslim. Stop listening to rush limbaugh.

Even if he was

The USA constitution Article VI, section 3
    "...no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States."

Since you seem to be promoting a religious test then I would say that you SIR are the enemy of the US. You are the opposite of our founding fathers. You are a threat to the USA constitution!

Now begone

Posted by: Jimmyboyo | Feb 1, 2008 7:53:08 PM

14. read this: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/31/opinion/31kristof.html

If the race comes down to These two, you can bet a million dollars, Hillary will swing way to the right, and McCain will stay right where he is. Hillary is a hawk, and anyone who doesn't believe that, well, they are master politicians, aren't they?

Hillary cannot be trusted, she will do her dealings behind closed doors, trying to make the lobbyists happy, it will be business as usual. McCain has always been one to speak out against the influence of lobbyists, and Obama, is a fierce lobbyist foe.

I so badly want Obama to win. I think he has a better chance against McCain. He could get 55 or 60% of the vote. With Hillary, it will be 51-49, in either direction. Hillary certainly can't use her experience card against him. If it comes down to Hillary vs McCain, I will vote for McCain. It will be my first vote for a Republican ever, this year of all years!

Posted by: Rich | Feb 1, 2008 7:56:00 PM

15. PS

He took his oath of office on a bible. THOUGH no politician should take an oath on anything besides the constitution of the USA. Their duty is to uphold the constitution and not anybody's holy book.

The allegiance. Uhm, you do know that the pledge is a recent historical invention? The founders had no pledge of allegiance to the flag.

Posted by: Jimmyboyo | Feb 1, 2008 7:57:35 PM

16. Larry cox, you are a flamer.

Posted by: Rich | Feb 1, 2008 7:58:11 PM

17. The inmates may not be running the asylum but they're sure voting in it!

Unmistakable signs of mental illness:

"Obama's a Muslim"

"I'm going for Mitt Romney!"

"I'm a Hillary supporter; if Obama is the candidate, I definitely will vote Republican."

"If it comes down to Hillary vs McCain, I will vote for McCain."

God bless Peter's mom, and St. Judy help the rest of us!

Posted by: Michael Bedwell | Feb 1, 2008 8:04:23 PM

18. Can we just please argue FOR a ticket that consists of both Clinton and Obama? I think both candidates can be beaten. And so can McCain. And so can Romney. But a Clinton-Obama or Obama-Clinton ticket is a shoein.

BTW: I'm not naming names but I think people from both the Clinton campaign and the Obama campaign are all over this blog just waiting for Obama/Clinton news. That, or just the Repugs playing the game called Discord. This is a pretty prominent blog after all.

Posted by: AStonedtemple | Feb 1, 2008 8:05:01 PM

19. Now THERE'S a stellar endorsement. :-/

Posted by: PJ | Feb 1, 2008 8:09:34 PM

20. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-pearce/hillarys-looming-electab_b_84549.html

Posted by: Rich | Feb 1, 2008 9:05:28 PM

21. Larry you are an idiot. It was Keith Ellison who took his oath on the Koran, he is a congressman from MN, who is also the first black to represent the state. Obama's father was Muslim, Obama is a Christian, too much of one sometimes for my taste. I am not electing a preacher, but a president. Besides, it does not matter what they swear on, it does not stop all the liars like Craig or the ones now in jail over Jack Abramoff.

I have been just as guilty as many dems in trashing the other candidate. I was for Obama until the SC fundraising flap. But after last night I am convinced that no matter who wins, this is not just history, it is vital that we get the GOP the hell out of the White House.

The first order of business is to get new carpets, not for the lame excuse Bush gave after Clinton left, because of 8 years of horse shit that's been thrown around there.

As for Coulter, I don't trust this guy, come on with that adams apple, plus no one has balls like that bastard. It's not just Coulter. Rush and Jim Dobson have been saying they would not support McCain all week. I don't trust these pricks at all.

I'm going to call my 4 brothers and sister this weekend, all Irish Catholic GOP conservatives who had planned on voting for Mayor 9/11. You should have heard me shooting holes in his case over the holidays. They also watch Fox so I'll get their spin on all this.

Posted by: patrick nyc | Feb 1, 2008 9:49:14 PM

22. Does anyone want Bloomberg?? How about a Bloomberg/Christy Todd Whitman ticket?

Posted by: Daniel | Feb 1, 2008 9:58:49 PM

23. Does anyone want Bloomberg?? How about a Bloomberg/Christy Todd Whitman ticket?

Posted by: Daniel | Feb 1, 2008 9:59:38 PM

24. Daniel

Pretty much nobody outside of NY even knows who he is.

There was a NY poll taken last month which showed New Yorkers only giving him 25% support for the presidency.

He is too fiscaly conservative for dems and too socialy liberal for repubs.

Heck, if the southern baptists aren't accepting an anglo saxon mormon from the north who says the name of jeebus they sure as heck aren't going to accept a northern Jew.

Posted by: Jimmyboyo | Feb 1, 2008 10:15:29 PM

25. This uber liberal, progressive person who didn't think he'd ever vote for Hillary in a million years prefers him 10x to Barack Obama.

I was an Edwards guy, but en leau of a more progressive politician, I'll take the person who I have at least some expectation of incremental progress. Barack Obama has actually been running to the right of Hillary, with a much weaker health plan, praising Ronald Reagan and stumping about how Social Security is facing its doom - meanwhile, it'll be solvent for over 40 years.

I'm sick of him parroting right wing talking points and I'm sick of his supporters running rampant online, bashing anything about any other democratic candidate - as if we possibly couldn't think Hillary or Edwards would be a better President than Obama.

Posted by: Ryan | Feb 2, 2008 11:39:46 AM