Lance Bass | Magazines | News

Jimmy Kimmel: I'm Gay

Jimmykimmelgay

Last night during an appearance by Lance Bass, Jimmy Kimmel revealed the magazine cover that People did on him!

BasskimmelBass was telling Kimmel that when he did his coming out story for People he told them to 'do something a little clever on the cover, don't put 'I'm gay' and, of course...."

Kimmel, joking, said "the same thing happened to me about two weeks later. They ignored me too."

Added Kimmel to Bass: "I like you more now that you're gay."

Check out the clip of Bass' appearance, in which he talks about his career, telling his bandmates, and telling Britney Spears, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Does Lance Bass do anything else other than be gay?

Posted by: crispy | Feb 15, 2008 11:02:40 AM

2. Yeah Crispy he is in this little Broadway production called Hairspray - maybe you've heard of it.

Posted by: Derek | Feb 15, 2008 11:10:41 AM

3. One thing he does is soak his Lancette three times a day in special antibiotics because it's still not entirely recovered from being in Reichen's ass [the original "Good Time That Was Had By All"] for 10 months.

Posted by: CDC | Feb 15, 2008 11:14:57 AM

4. @ DEREK:

You didn't really answer the question.

Posted by: Mike B. | Feb 15, 2008 11:32:36 AM

5. Actually, Derek, he ended his run in Hairspray well over a month ago. Nice try, though.

Posted by: crispy | Feb 15, 2008 11:39:30 AM

6. I wish Jimmy were gay!

Posted by: alan | Feb 15, 2008 12:21:47 PM

7. Whatever, you guys are just bitter. Lance is adorable. I'm really proud of the way he's been handling his sexuality, which is more than I can say about most other gay people in the media.

Did you stop to think that a lot of guys in his place would have just ignored, or sued Perez Hilton, instead of coming out? Would you rather he did that?

You wanna make a difference in this country, you don't stay in the mother#$%^&*! closet. Simple as that. I wish the best for Lance in his future endeavors.

Posted by: Butter | Feb 15, 2008 12:25:29 PM

8. That magazine cover is a camp classic. Lance should be proud of the fact that people still laugh at it.

Posted by: brad | Feb 15, 2008 12:42:32 PM

9. @BUTTER:

So you applaud him for coming out after his 15 minutes of fame are over? Anyone can do that. It's like a deathbed confession to get into heaven. I personally think it's rather disgusting the number of homos that say "Oh, look at him, he came out, yay for him!" while ignoring the fact that he hid in the closet for all those years. Yeah, yeah, I know, I'm just bitter, right?

Why don't you, instead, focus on what he might have accomplished if he had come out at the peak of 'N Sync's fame? Why don't you analyze his reasons for not coming out at that time? If you think about it logically, he had more to lose at that point, right? Well that form of homophobia is as bad as any other.

Someone in his position to make some real change in the way people think have an obligation to do what they can to support the gay cause. That means coming out of the closet when you can do the most good...not minimizing your potential losses.

To be fair, Bass isn't alone in this. I'm pointing my finger at Anderson Cooper and Jodie Foster as well. If you want to see how it can be done right, you don't have to look any further than Ellen and Rosie. Those women came out at just about the height of their careers and spoke out for the gay community. Lance wants to make a difference? Good for him. I say "Too little, too late."

Posted by: John | Feb 15, 2008 12:42:48 PM

10. You got me there Crispy.

I am not really into Broadway that much nor I am into being a typical nasty cunt...

It's clear you are into both.

xoxo

Posted by: Derek | Feb 15, 2008 12:54:00 PM

11. CRISPY,

yep, you win this one. now that lance hasn't been in a b'way play for WELL OVER a month, i guess he's destined to be just gay.

Posted by: nic | Feb 15, 2008 1:03:31 PM

12. Good grief, John, do you have a job? Why must so much analysis go into a post about Jimmy Kimmel spoofing a magazine cover? If Jodie, Anderson, Lance and whoever else isn't good enough for you, go watch LOGO or something... there are tons of musicians/actors who have been out of the closet since the start of their career.

Posted by: Brad | Feb 15, 2008 1:13:58 PM

13. Did you even read what I wrote, Brad? I said absolutely nothing about Jimmy Kimmel. Why must so little analysis go into a post criticizing another's opinion? It seems like you read part of my last paragraph, deemed the whole post to be too long, then typed whatever came into your pretty little head.

Posted by: John | Feb 15, 2008 1:23:09 PM

14. jebus! do queers have to be so bitchy and judgemental all the time?

Posted by: nic | Feb 15, 2008 1:29:51 PM

15. Nic, it's because ad hominems are so fun, I guess.

Posted by: John | Feb 15, 2008 1:31:41 PM

16. I'm not into Broadway either, Derek. But I do know how to use Google. Apparently, you don't?

Lance Bass is destined to be just gay because that's all he ever fucking talks about! Christ, I've heard his goddamned coming out story more times than my own. Talk about something else!

Posted by: crispy | Feb 15, 2008 1:33:05 PM

17. I like them both so much! Jimmy and Lance: they are both chubby-cheeked gorgeous...right up my alley!
    :]

Posted by: George F | Feb 15, 2008 1:39:09 PM

18. No Crispy I think it's that I just have better things to do with my time than to Google Lance Bass or to bitch about him, what he isn't doing or his coming out story.

Maybe you should spend more time on focusing on building your Western Pennsylvania Airsoft Community.

LOL - what a tool you are dude.

Posted by: Derek | Feb 15, 2008 1:50:46 PM

19. Umm, it takes 2 seconds to google something!

What kind of computer are you running, a Commodore 64 with a 1200 bit modem? Is that why you still say "dude"?

Posted by: crispy | Feb 15, 2008 2:02:03 PM

20. Crispy you just really don't get it - why would I bother to Google Lance Bass or his career?

And as for the word "dude" - it makes me laugh. I like using it and probably always will.

And you're right, it only took 2 seconds on Google to find out that you like to shoot Airsoft guns at people. No wonder you have a problem with Lance Bass - you seem a little maladjusted...dude.

Posted by: Derek | Feb 15, 2008 2:10:01 PM

21. Oh, Derek, stop flirting with me!

Posted by: crispy | Feb 15, 2008 2:24:10 PM

22. "To be fair, Bass isn't alone in this. I'm pointing my finger at Anderson Cooper and Jodie Foster as well. "

You may as well be the exception to the rule, because I really don't see Anderson getting ANY hate around here.

Why is it that there is such a double standard? Is it because Lance was in a boyband? Do you guys think less of him because of it?

Give the guy a break, his fame came early in his life, he was only a teenager in the 90's.

Posted by: Butter | Feb 15, 2008 2:42:26 PM

23. Butter, while I think he could have done a lot more for the gay cause when he was popular, what's done is done.

My real issue is that people elevate him to such heights and he just basks in it. What has he really done to further gay acceptance? I understand that people don't have an obligation to do so, but why did he wait till after he wasn't as famous? Again, it comes down to minimizing his losses. To me, his coming out seems like a way to try to stay in the limelight.

Cooper and Foster, on the other hand, haven't publicly come out in what smacks of a PR stunt.

To clarify my stance, I don't hate Bass because of his actions, I am just not convinced at all that he came out for more than a publicity grab.

Posted by: John | Feb 15, 2008 3:13:29 PM

24. Crispy you need to get a grip...I mean a grip on something other than a gun and yourself.

A keep in mind this thread started with your cunty comment...

Posted by: Derek | Feb 15, 2008 3:49:58 PM

25. I think Lance is actually pretty unpopular. Lots of people have issues with him and I don't think he is basking in the limelight. He's actually very humble. I don't think he came out for publicity. He came out because it was going to be leaked in the next few days. He is not a hero in this regard but he's sweet and he's trying his best to make up for coming out that way. He's trying to be a positive role model for the gay community, now. He's an entertainer and he makes people happy. Give him a break, no?

Posted by: Ari | Feb 15, 2008 4:10:11 PM