Lance Bass | Magazines | News

Jimmy Kimmel: I'm Gay

Jimmykimmelgay

Last night during an appearance by Lance Bass, Jimmy Kimmel revealed the magazine cover that People did on him!

BasskimmelBass was telling Kimmel that when he did his coming out story for People he told them to 'do something a little clever on the cover, don't put 'I'm gay' and, of course...."

Kimmel, joking, said "the same thing happened to me about two weeks later. They ignored me too."

Added Kimmel to Bass: "I like you more now that you're gay."

Check out the clip of Bass' appearance, in which he talks about his career, telling his bandmates, and telling Britney Spears, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Jimmy is cool, but I think Cleto (the band leader) is super sexy.

Posted by: nic | Feb 15, 2008 4:28:57 PM

2. Derek, I'm not going to fuck you no matter how much you beg.

Posted by: crispy | Feb 15, 2008 5:04:15 PM

3. Let's not forget that coming out is a process that we should all be able to take on in our own time. It's harder for some than for others, and we need to be tolerant of each other as we make this transition.

And let's also not forget that coming out when your famous is another thing altogether. What does criticising Lance for not coming out sooner really achieve? What are we to gain by questioning the validity of his intentions in coming out?

The important thing is that he has come out, he is living a full life as a famous gay man, which, as we can see from the comments above, might not be as easy as it seems.

People, be kind to each other.

Posted by: Mike Trueman | Feb 15, 2008 5:39:42 PM

4. John, I think it's great that he just had the courage to be honest. I feel that as long as he is comfortably talking about being gay on public television (even now) he is helping closeted gay individuals know that people are starting to accept it.

I didn't know Anderson Cooper is gay? Isn't it just all speculation?

Posted by: Matt | Feb 15, 2008 6:58:25 PM

5. Hey Matt, what rock have you been under? Andy Cooper is most certainly gay and really doesn't hide it much in NY media circles. He also subtley makes jokes about it on air...one in particular when he told his co-host, Erika, that her husband didn't need to worry about them getting too close, which he said with a wink. He knows he's not fooling anyone and just chooses to keep it quiet. At least he doesn't pretend to have a GF like many closeted Hollywood stars do. And I agree with Mike T...let's be nice guys!

Posted by: ERIC | Feb 15, 2008 7:36:34 PM

6. Give me a closeted boy band cypher any day over a coward like Anderson Cooper who gets accolades for all of his "serious" reporting in war zones and post Katrina, practicing his future Peabody Award / Pulitzer Prize / Noble Prize acceptance speeches in front of his designer mirror every night, and is "dismissal proof" due to his popularity and high profile. Fuck him and the silver spoon he rode in on—and not in the way he'd like.

Posted by: Michael Bedwell | Feb 15, 2008 8:27:21 PM

7. You realize after reading this whole thread of comments makes you realize how mean spirited gay men are. Its immature. Grow up guys. Be the men that you are.

Posted by: Vi Agara | Feb 15, 2008 11:27:33 PM

8. It's safe to say that I haven't been living under a rock, Eric. Anyway, I guess it's believe what you want to believe about Anderson Cooper.

Posted by: Matt | Feb 15, 2008 11:39:07 PM

9. Rex Pachuta
    Poema de Oscar Portela

En verdad eres solo desocultamiento
    que enceguece por su hermosura
    de primavera que se repite
    en los almendros florecidos,
    y es tu rostro de puresa y encanto
    un adagio para poetas solitarios.
    Oh joven Dios, oh Rex, me rindo ante
    tus plantas y beso con pasión
    inacabable la piel dorada
    del tallo que florece
    entre tus piernas solitario
    y abres mares, solsticios,
    haciendo amanecer un sol nuevo
    en las vidas y en tu boca
    que es aurora de labios
    como pétalos tú haces
    amanecer toda pasión
    mortal mirifica y sálvifica.

RYAN Reynolds
    Poema de oscar Portela

Esa es la presición de la escultura
    que siempre estuvo allí
    para adórala en carne y mármol
    y agotarnos en ella.

Ryan Reynolds el Dios
    por Oscar Portela

Oh tu mirada que penetra
    y cala, tus sensuales labios
    donde liban mis labios
    los sueños de lo eterno,
    tu magnifica frente
    de Partenón abierta hacia
    los Dioses, hazme tu esclavo,
    libérame de la osadía
    de ser mortal matándome
    de amor y de pecados.

Salvatore
    poema de Oscar Portela

Antiguo y siempre "recomenzado"
    mar, - amor- oh Salvatore, redímenos
    entre tus brazos
    de todo tiempo los tesoro ocultos
    entre los pliegues
    de tu cuerpo.

David Galindo
    poema de Oscar Portela

Amanece. El día efímero
    se eterniza en tu cuerpo.

Andersson Schneider

Solo nombrarlo nos borraría
    desta tierra
    tanta la plenitud
    de su belleza.

Andrew
    poema de Oscar Portela

Apolo no retorna. Andrew es su
    templo y su via: su cuerpo es la lira
    del dios de vida y muerte.

Daniel Costa
    poema de Oscar Portela

Ni las doradas Islas de Angra
    donde brillan las perlas
    en el azul del mar
    caben en la belleza del mancebo
    que exhala del aliento de Eros
    en su naciente y ya madura aurora,
    el incontaminado aliento de su sexo.

Oscar Portela

Posted by: 0scar Portela | Feb 16, 2008 12:15:26 AM

10. OSCAR PORTELA,

que lindas palabras que suenan muy bien en los sentidos. why don't you write that way in english so we can all enjoy?

Posted by: nic | Feb 16, 2008 3:46:32 AM

11. Why does his private life/sexuality have to be anybody's business but his own? He had no obligation to anyone to out himself during the height of his fame. Not everyone is out to campaign for gay rights just because they are gay and not everyone sees their sexuality as the be all and end all of who they are. At the end of the day it could have been the record company who told him to stay in the closet to protect the image they had of the band and maybe he did it because he wanted some aspect of his life to remain private. Who cares

Posted by: Phil | Feb 16, 2008 1:28:38 PM

12. Although I respect everyone's sexuality - I find it sad that so many gays still spend so much time validating their own queerness by pointing fingers at others and outing them. Does it really matter to you who is gay today but didn't admit it yesterday? You know, some people (and I know there are many gay men who have a problem acknowledging this) are only about a "2" on the Kinsey Scale. Not everyone is 100% gay - and therefore do not feel the need to advertise it to the public at large. Maybe a performer who was in a boy band back in the 90's wasn't sure about his sexuality then. Maybe he was scared what people would think and that his familiy and friends would shun him. I'm sure there are people here who went through that while they figured out who they were sexually. What Anderson Cooper does while in a club or with his friends is really nobody's business. As a bisexual, it always bothered me that my gay friends had to always go around outing everyone. If a guy wants to fool around with me behind closed doors I never felt the need to out him if he decided to date a girl full time. After studying some psychology 101 I learned that most people who go around outing other men they suspect (or hope) is gay were just validating themselves. Does it make you any more or less of a person because some news reporter keeps his sexual preference on or off prime time tv?
    I'm sure that I am not the first person to ask this on Towleroad. I am not trying to cut anyone down here. It's just what I think sometimes when I read posts like the ones above. I really love many of the posts on Towleroad. I just don't see why some people make such a big deal about who someone was sleeping with last night or 10 years ago. Accept yourself and move on.

Posted by: Charles | Feb 16, 2008 8:54:42 PM

13. This just proves that gay men are confused little animals with no self identity.

Posted by: ChristmasMiracleInMyToilet | Feb 16, 2008 10:24:05 PM

14. Lance has lost a little weight and looks more sorta almost ok!
    Even though Jimmy Kimmel is fat and sloppy for some reason I would do him before I did Lance.
    Cletus is hot, I wish he had more fact time on the show!

Posted by: Puddy Katz | Feb 17, 2008 7:55:00 AM

15. Gays don't like him because he's unattractive. Gay men are the shallowest.

Posted by: Guess Who | Feb 18, 2008 9:58:53 AM

16. My God! Leave Lance Bass, Anderson Cooper, and Jodi Foster alone. There sexual orientation is no ones business but their own. Lance Bass chose to come out. Good for him. Why all the judgments about "he should have come out sooner", etc. No, he shouldn't have. He came out when he wanted and that is his prerogative.

Posted by: PacificHeights | Feb 18, 2008 10:40:25 PM

17. ChristmasMiracleInMyToilet,

you are what you imagine.

Posted by: nic | Feb 19, 2008 4:38:16 AM

18. Crispy from your first comment to your last, you prove how big of an idiot you are.

Posted by: Derek | Feb 19, 2008 2:21:18 PM

19. I imagine the reason many celebrities don't come out for two reasons. One, the career implications it could have but more importanly, it will ALWAYS be the first question. Not what movies you've done, not about how many people you've helped, but the fact you're gay. I crtainly wouldn't want my sexuality being brought up EVERY time I do an interview

Posted by: Zack | Feb 20, 2008 11:30:49 AM