AIDS/HIV | Al Gore | Arkansas | Books | Canada | Eureka Springs | Gay Marriage | Heath Ledger | Idaho | Ireland | Johnny Depp | Madonna | Magazines | Mark Cornelsen | Music | New Jersey | News | Ricky Martin | T.R. Knight

BigGayDeal.com

News: Johnny Depp, Eureka Springs, Clark Gable, Bounty Killer

road.jpg BOOK: Clark Gable was gay for pay. "David Bret’s angle on Clark Gable is this: Gable was 'gay for pay' and 'rough trade,' and he enjoyed having sex 'for bucks.' In addition, he 'would sometimes scrub his penis until it bled' and used a device to prolong erections. If these tidbits from the book’s first few pages aren’t too much information for you, you’re in luck. This breathtakingly trashy biography does not skimp on sordid anecdotes."

Jdepproad.jpg Johnny Depp the new, uh, face of Trojan condoms?

road.jpg Gawker goes to the NYC Black Party.

road.jpg T.R. Knight steps out with boyfriend Mark Cornelsen: We all have AIDS.

road.jpg Survey shows increased support for gay marriage in Ireland: "Eighty-four per cent of respondents to an opinion poll conducted this month by Lansdowne Market Research said they supported civil marriage or civil partnerships for gay and lesbian couples. This is the same figure as a similar survey carried out in November 2006. However, 58% said gay and lesbian couples should be allowed to marry in registry offices, compared to 51% in the previous survey."

road.jpg Did Heath Ledger father a love child?

road.jpg Could Al Gore be brought in for clean-up duty at the convention? "Let’s say the elders of the Democratic Party decide, when the primaries end, that neither Obama nor Clinton is viable. Let’s also assume — and this may be a real stretch — that such elders are strong and smart enough to act. All they’d have to do would be to convince a significant fraction of their superdelegate friends, maybe fewer than 100, to announce that they were taking a pass on the first ballot at the Denver convention, which would deny the 2,025 votes necessary to Obama or Clinton. What if they then approached Gore and asked him to be the nominee, for the good of the party — and suggested that he take Obama as his running mate? Of course, Obama would have to be a party to the deal and bring his 1,900 or so delegates along."

Madonnaroad.jpg Madonna on the paparazzi: "The paparazzi are out of control. I haven't been to Los Angeles in quite a while, and I don’t watch television here or in England, and I was told there's now a television show where the paparazzi are the stars of the show—is that true? That they film each other doing paparazzi jobs? Which gives them more fuel. I usually found that type kept their distance—they definitely do in England, because it's illegal to photograph children. But that's not how it is here. They get this close, and don't care how much they scare your children. Being famous has changed a lot, because now there's so many outlets, between magazines, TV shows, and the Internet, for people to stalk and follow you. We created the monster."

road.jpg Gay couple faces harsh realities in move from New Jersey to Idaho.

road.jpg Is Regent Entertainment circling gay publications Out and The Advocate?

road.jpg HIV-positive Canadian Martin Rooney takes on U.S. travel ban: "I said I was on disability. He said what's my disability. I said I have HIV. He hauled me into a backroom. ... He put on a set of rubber gloves to hold each of my fingers. Nobody else wore rubber gloves. Then he fingerprinted me, photographed me, ran me through the FBI's most-wanted list and told me to go back to Canada and not return until I came back with a waiver. I felt like I was being treated like a terrorist."

Eurekaroad.jpg Arkansas gays converge on Eureka Springs for 'Diversity Weekend': "Homosexual and transsexual residents say that living in Northwest Arkansas has its benefits, such as the small-town atmosphere, natural beauty, and amenities such as shopping and restaurants. But many lament the limited social venues and a lack of connectivity within their own community. 'There is a fairly large population of people that are gay, lesbian or bisexual, but there is no community,' said Fayetteville resident J. Judd Harbin."

road.jpg Ricky Martin battles human trafficking in Cambodia

road.jpg Human rights groups halt concerts by 'murder music' singer Bounty Killer: "In Germany, Bounty Killer's performance in Essen was cancelled and other German concert dates are now in doubt as gay human rights groups are coordinating a Europe-wide campaign to halt his 'Deadly Alliance' tour of the Netherlands, France, Belgium, Italy and Switzerland."

Comments

1. Thos poor fools registered as Partners, moved States, and it "never dawned on them" that it might have an effect? The U.S. has had half its states in the last 5 years pass explicitly DISCRIMINATORY legislation. Let this be a lesson to all "geographically lucky" queers -- VIGILANCE! Your "rights" can and will be taken away, as the U.S. continues to regress.... towards Fascism. Poor buggers....

Posted by: Strepsi | Mar 31, 2008 2:23:34 PM

2. Fascinating scenario for the Democratic Convention. Even though I've fallen in love with Barack it would be my dream come true. In eight years he'll only be 56. He can wait.

Johnny Depp looks sexy.

Gable, I think, had a very large penis. (not that I'm size queen, again) Gable was sexy for a long time. I saw a photograph of him when he was in elementary school (somewhere in Ohio, I think). What struck me was that it was an intergrated school (black and white kids together). And that must have been in the nineteen teens. Ohio used to be so progressive. What happened?

Oh, he also had horrible teeth that all had to be capped--but so did Garbo, so that's the norm in Hollywood, aint it?

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Mar 31, 2008 2:34:43 PM

3. david bret wrote a book on joan crawford that had so many inaccuracies and so much misinformation that i had to return it for a refund. buyer beware!

Posted by: the queen | Mar 31, 2008 2:37:03 PM

4. Umm, why exactly did he scrub his dick until it bled???

Posted by: Paul R | Mar 31, 2008 2:38:41 PM

5. memo to miss derrick:

"Clark Gable's wife Carole Lombard once gave him a hand-knitted penis warmer as a gift. It did not require much time to produce...

"God knows I love Clark, but he's the worst lay in town," Lombard once explained. "If Clark had one inch less, he'd be 'the queen of Hollywood' instead of 'the king'!" --

from anecdotage.com -- you see i, unlike david bret, credit my sources...

Posted by: the queen | Mar 31, 2008 2:42:53 PM

6. I'm with you Strepsi. It's pretty hard to feel all that sorry for that couple. I don't see how anyone could move to Idaho and think that their domestic partner benefits would transfer.

Posted by: Robert | Mar 31, 2008 2:59:02 PM

7. Oh. Thanks, Sis. Maybe he wore socks in the crotch of his pants. Always looked like he had something...to me. Well, what about Charlie Chaplin--can't deny that one...big one!

Lombard was kinda' nasty talkin', wasn't she? Why would you talk about the man you love like that? If I had me a good-lookin' man, I wouldn't tell a damn soul about his penis size. Hear me, Reggie Bush?

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Mar 31, 2008 2:59:46 PM

8. Would Hillary supporters accept Gore / Obama 08?

Something I suggested here a while ago, Hillary as Obama's 1st supreme court apointment, has been popping up here and there in some news sources as a compromise as well. One source even suggested Bill for UN ambasador.

Any Hillary supporters want to coment on this stuff?

Posted by: jimmyboyo | Mar 31, 2008 3:00:59 PM

9. Lombard was such a ho that a guy could probably shove a watermelon up her and she wouldn't notice it. :o)

Posted by: Patrick | Mar 31, 2008 3:20:26 PM

10. I'd rather live next door to the gay couple in Idaho than see anyone other than Hillary as President.

Posted by: daveynyc | Mar 31, 2008 3:24:54 PM

11. @JIMMYBOYO--Why bother saying anything even slightly pro-Clinton here on ObamaIsGod.com?

Posted by: anon | Mar 31, 2008 3:25:45 PM

12. I'm sure they've quietly discussed a compromise solution numerous times. After all, the election is slipping away from the Democrats. But the fact that there's no backroom deal yet suggests a high level of mistrust between Obama and Hillary.

Hillary doesn't know that Obama won't scuttle the agreement when he becomes president. After all, as president, he can nominate whoever he wants. Deal or no deal. And Obama isn't about to give Hillary any incriminating evidence for her to use against him in the future.

So, if Obama has offered anything informally, she'd have to trust him. And the fact that Hillary's still in the race suggests that his promises don't exactly inspire her with confidence about "job security."

Posted by: John | Mar 31, 2008 3:30:47 PM

13. If you have any doubt about the need for the "We All Have AIDS" campaign, click through to the original story on TR Knight on justjared. Read the posts. Prepare to see a collection of hateful, ignorant, uncompassionate replies that basically say "You get HIV because you are doing something wrong," "You deserve it," "I don't care."

I really wish I could face those people and hear them say those things in person. Cowards hide behind a keyboard.

Posted by: wetcnt | Mar 31, 2008 3:44:19 PM

14. There's been talk of Bill as UN ambassador, and even as UN president, for quite some time---since before the presidential campaign began.

Hillary is going to fight for a while. She's in this to win (duh), and clearly thinks she can do so.

Posted by: Paul R | Mar 31, 2008 3:47:44 PM

15. Anon

You are thinking of Dkos. Or as Michael bedwell likes to call it, Daily Obama.

:-)

Andy has been pretty evenhanded on coverage and only recently has it seemed that Obama supporters outnumber Hillary people here. For months it was definetly 3 Hillary posters to every 1 Obama poster.

John

What do you think about the Gore/ Obama ticket? Would Gore at the top of the ticket ease your mind on whatever things you might find lacking in Obama?

Posted by: Jimmyboyo | Mar 31, 2008 3:49:02 PM

16. Jebus! Can't a guy even post a comment saying "wow, Depp is the new front man for Trojan *MAGNUMS* ! Isn't that nice to think about?" without it being drowned out by all the bullshit political-blogger crap. Seriously, alot of the pre-school antics of these self-same commenters have completely destroyed the progressive blogosphere. So, what, now it's time to slash and burn in the gay blogosphere as well?

Posted by: atari_age | Mar 31, 2008 3:59:40 PM

17. As much as I admire Al Gore (and wish that he'd won the presidency in 2000--oh, wait, he did), I would be resistant to him riding in on a white horse this late in the game. And I think a lot of other people would be, too (the global warming deniers have been effective in spreading the AG backlash), including Obama and Hillary, obviously. I can't imagine him doing it, frankly.

As someone who would be content with either Obama or Hillary as the nominee (with leanings towards Obama at this point), I think Hillary (if Obama is elected) would be an inspired choice for the Supreme Court. In fact it might suit her capabilities better.

Now, on a serious note, I'd love to see Johnny in a Trojan ad, but Magnum? I'll believe that when I see it.

Posted by: Ernie | Mar 31, 2008 4:53:08 PM

18. Atari_Age

wa wa

Andy posted something about the election cycle.

Sorry, your brain can't handle more than cock and balls.

Your pre-school antics are better suited to adam4adam.com where you can get a bit of strange snatch to make your day.

Posted by: Jimmyboyo | Mar 31, 2008 4:55:34 PM

19. PS

On the trojan thing

A man with some hair on his chest would be a better face for Trojan.

Posted by: Jimmyboyo | Mar 31, 2008 4:59:47 PM

20. He should of just made up a job.They never check and just ask randon questions.I go over all the time with no problems.

Posted by: bothen | Mar 31, 2008 5:08:15 PM

21. Why would Sen. Obama agree to taking a back-seat to Al Gore, particularly if he's just a few delegates-short of earning the nomination in his own-right? Being VPOTUS is "worth a bucket of warm spit", in the wise words of a previous-holder of that illustrious office. The Veep has no official-role in any administration other than the recent inclusion of the Veep in the Cabinet....and little influence while presiding over the Senate. His main constitutional-responsibility is upon-waking in the morning inquiring as-to the President's health....otherwise he'd might as-well go play golf.

Posted by: Ted B. (Charging Rhino) | Mar 31, 2008 6:37:18 PM

22. Umm, Ted B., I' argue that our current VP very clearly proves that a determined individual can make the position highly influential. Cheney almost certainly controls more policymaking than does Bush.

Posted by: Paul R | Mar 31, 2008 6:48:45 PM

23. Uhhh...why should we care about Clark Gable's bad breath and bleeding penis?

Posted by: Tony | Mar 31, 2008 7:45:52 PM

24. @JIMMYBOYO--Why bother saying anything even slightly pro-Clinton here on ObamaIsGod.com?

Posted by: anon | Mar 31, 2008 3:25:45 PM
    -----------------------------
    anon Andy has been very fair in his posts, it's the Obamaheads who have been pretty cut and burn to those who do not fall into their line. Kind of comical that they ask for Hillary supporters point of view after trashing them non stop. Good luck with that.

Posted by: patrick nyc | Mar 31, 2008 7:56:03 PM

25. From NJ to ID: why? I'm really amazed that a gay couple, both over 40, would have been so ignorant of the conservativism of the plains states as to move there and set up housekeeping like any of our hetero peers. Idaho's a nice place to visit (or so I've been told) but to live there full-time?? Holy shit!

Re Clark Gable, there's a famous story (according to Kenneth Anger's "Hollywood Babylon" I believe, though most of his revelations have since been debunked over the years) re the reason George Cukor was removed from directing all of Gone With The Wind. One of Cukor's buddies, the silent film star William Haines (who later became more famous as an interior designer), said that he paid Gable once to give him head. Naturally Gable felt uncomfortable having openly-gay Cukor on the set as a daily reminder of that incident. Can't help but thinking how much better GWTW would have been had Gable not been so ridiculously uptight.

Posted by: Matt | Mar 31, 2008 7:57:25 PM