Food & Drink | News

Is Dale Earnhardt Jr. a: Big Mo'?

Bigmo

No, but his candy bar is.

Comments

1. i'm skipping over to rite-aid right now and getting me a dozen because i just adore anything caramel and anything king size, too!

Posted by: the queen | Mar 18, 2008 2:52:49 PM

2. OHMIGOD! i have GOT to get that logo on a t-shirt!! ;-)

Posted by: virgoboy | Mar 18, 2008 3:08:39 PM

3. Sigh...If only it were true....

Posted by: CLEMSONAJ | Mar 18, 2008 3:12:36 PM

4. The placement of the apostrophe is instructive, and I'm not just speaking metaphorically here.

Posted by: KJ | Mar 18, 2008 3:15:33 PM

5. Oh, if only it was Carl Edwards or Kasey Kahne...

Posted by: Steven | Mar 18, 2008 3:17:21 PM

6. "What is Big Mo’? Sure, it’s a candy bar, but it’s also everything that Dale Jr. loves—including chocolate, peanut butter and caramel. Big Mo’ is racing. The way you need it like oxygen, because it’s in your DNA and if you’re not around it, you can’t keep going. Big Mo’ is your buddies. Hanging out ‘til all hours of the night crackin’ jokes, playing pool and just kicking back and having a good time like you always do. Big Mo’ is being true to yourself. When you get right down to it, that’s the only thing that matters—doing what you love because you love it and not needing any other reason."

______________________________________________________________

**Sniff**

It sounds so much like me and my gay brethren.

I'm a Big Mo'.

Posted by: banjiboi | Mar 18, 2008 3:20:49 PM

7. Delightful. Homophobic nascar fans jamming a rod of chocolate in their mouths. The phallic irony is delicious.

Posted by: Joe | Mar 18, 2008 4:05:16 PM

8. Too funny.

Posted by: anon | Mar 18, 2008 4:09:34 PM

9. Banjiboi,
    Speaking metaphorically, and a wink to KG, I do believe you are a 'Mo, as am I.

Posted by: chandler in lasvegas | Mar 18, 2008 4:13:28 PM

10. Boy, their marketing people must be REALLY naive! How long will it take them to get the joke and pull the Big Mo Bar off the market in a panic?

Posted by: Jack | Mar 18, 2008 4:18:41 PM

11. I know a Big Mo' always makes my mouth water!

Posted by: ekco | Mar 18, 2008 5:09:20 PM

12. Chandler in LV:

Feels good knowing I'm not alone.....

And you know what pains me most is that I've had the wrong idea about those NASCAR guys all along.

Posted by: banjiboi | Mar 18, 2008 5:17:16 PM

13. looks like it's already pulled from nascar's site.

Posted by: brad | Mar 18, 2008 5:50:33 PM

14. I saw these came out couple of months ago.

I bought several cases.

I give them as host gifts. Beats just another bottle of wine!

Posted by: Willo | Mar 18, 2008 6:28:21 PM

15. the erect creamy caramel aimed directly at his smiling face is a nice touch. Mo power to yah, Earl.

Posted by: MHK | Mar 19, 2008 8:34:56 AM

16. AMEN KJ!

Posted by: Meghan | Mar 19, 2008 11:17:44 AM

17. And to wash down your 'Big Mo', you need a tall glass of chocolate milk and one of these http://jezebel.com/369620/

Posted by: Wheezy | Mar 19, 2008 11:34:37 AM

18. Posted by: chandler in lasvegas | Mar 18, 2008 4:13:28 PM

Boy, their marketing people must be REALLY
    //////////////////////////////////////////////

Did'nt get the memo? NASCAR has been on a diversity kick since the mid 90's.This would be the final frontier indeed.Why not keep it & let the "inside joke" ride?

Posted by: DR.FUNK | Mar 19, 2008 12:22:30 PM

19. Hmmm, now let's see.... what's big, sweet and hard, and slowly melts in your mouth?

Posted by: mike | Mar 19, 2008 12:27:45 PM

20. I am a NASCAR (although, not a Dale Jr.) fan & I've been telling people since this came out that he probably didn't get the double meaning behind this. Glad that people are starting to catch on, b/c I think it's hilarious! :)

Posted by: Brittany | Mar 19, 2008 2:35:08 PM

21. While a large group of NASCAR fans may be homophobic, not ALL fans are. I should know, as I've run an online group for GLBT NASCAR fans for over five years now. I really wish people wouldn't stereotype some to being ALL. We don't like it when "they" do it to "us," so let "us" not do it to "them."

And, as someone has pointed out, these bars have been around for months. No, the marketing people probably didn't do a very well-balanced focus group to come up with the name. But, I think it's pretty cool that they came up with a double entendre, albeit innocently.

Posted by: Bill H | Mar 19, 2008 9:35:23 PM

22. Dale, we hardly knew ye!

Posted by: LGJ | Mar 19, 2008 10:20:50 PM

23. That other "big 'mo" (a term i find offensive) Lance Bass is a NASCAR fan.

Enough with the stereotyping, Joe. You wouldn't like being stereotyped, would you?

Posted by: queendru | Mar 20, 2008 7:59:10 AM

24. The placement of the apostrophe at the end of MO indicates that letters were cut off the end of the word. Putting it before the MO would indicate that letters (such as HO) were cut off the beginning of the word.

But homophobes are too dumb to realize that so it would still make a great t-shirt logo to piss them off.

Posted by: Hephaestion | Mar 22, 2008 4:51:36 PM