John Barrowman | News | Television

Former Co-Star Offers to be John Barrowman's Surrogate

Suranne Jones, a British actress who starred in the soap Coronation Street and once starred in a play with John Barrowman has offered to carry his child, said the Torchwood star:

Barrowman"She has said if I wanted a baby she'll have one for me. She wants to be a mum at some point and said if she didn't have a partner, she'd do it with us instead. She also said even if Scott and I wanted to have one, she'd do it. I'd love to have kids - I'm a big kid at heart. We just hit it off [after appearing together in London's West End in the play A Few Good Men] and now Suranne is a friend for life. It's a big deal to have someone offer to have a baby for you and very humbling."

But really, who wouldn't want to have John Barrowman's baby?

Previously
John Barrowman: Some People Are Gay, Get Over It [tr]
Valentino Wanted to be John Barrowman's Sugar Daddy [tr]
John Barrowman Tells His Coming Out Story [tr]

Comments

1. I have never heard of the actress.

BUT, if it was british actress Indira Varma who played in torchwood, was Maya in Kama Sutra = just one of the BEST movies ever, played in ROME as Lucious Veronus' wife = just the best miniseries EVER!!!!!!!!!!!

Then color me impresssed with the genetic possobilties. Till then

Posted by: Jimmyboyo | Mar 10, 2008 10:24:38 AM

2. I have no respect for this guy ever since he threw Valentino under the bus. And here he is again, yapping to the press about a private matter about someone else. And now we have a book. Oh joy. This guy really likes to hear himself talk. I don't care how cute he is. He's not anyone I would want as a friend.

Posted by: JJ | Mar 10, 2008 10:53:25 AM

3. Andy, that's the BEST photo you could find of the two of them? He looks frightening there.

Posted by: DN | Mar 10, 2008 11:14:48 AM

4. John has stated in the past that if he does father a child he'll do it the old fashioned way. John has not been shy and is supposed to be...er. blessed, so Suranne should enjoy it.

Posted by: Dick | Mar 10, 2008 11:16:18 AM

5. Perhaps that's why she offered in the first place.

That photo is frightening btw.

Posted by: michael | Mar 10, 2008 1:41:44 PM

6. I'm fairly certain that he's actually a robot sent from the future to star in really bad British sci-fi shows. That's the only way to explain why he looks like an angry mannequin half the time...

Posted by: Colin | Mar 10, 2008 3:43:17 PM

7. I find Barrowman arrogant and self centered. I like people who work for the poor or to help gays get their rights and so forth, but I don't really want to be reminded by them constantly what a wonderful chap they are and how I should be honored to pat them on the back. Thats the real John Barrowman.
    I don't consider him all that much looks wise either. His partner is a really nice guy(Scott) and dosen't mind taking a back seat to motormouth, but I don't know how he puts up with him. Barrowman placed his hand on my ass at a club in Oxford 4 yeaars ago and I nicely told him to remove it or they would be removing it from his a**. He got very upset and said I should be thrilled someone like him would be interested in me. Piss off!!! I'm better looking , younger and in far better shape than that queen.

Posted by: Joshua | Mar 10, 2008 5:35:44 PM

8. I kind of have to agree with some of the comments here today. The more I see of John Barrowman on the boards the less I like him. He's really rather arrogant, crude, and extremely self-centered. But that's an actor for you.

Posted by: JerzeeMike | Mar 10, 2008 7:23:54 PM

9. I very much doubt he made this "revelation" (which is actually years old) without her permission. Besides John has said he has no plans to have a child and would probably adopt if he did have one.

Posted by: Julie | Mar 10, 2008 8:26:12 PM

10. I'll be his surrogate... it might not work, being that I'm a guy, but I'm all for trying.

I've known actors most of my life--yeah, they have a certain arrogance and self-centeredness about them... in my book, they're fun. If I looked that good and had that voice, I'd be arrogant, too...

Posted by: Chris | Mar 11, 2008 1:06:21 PM