Former Co-Star Offers to be John Barrowman’s Surrogate

Suranne Jones, a British actress who starred in the soap Coronation Street and once starred in a play with John Barrowman has offered to carry his child, said the Torchwood star:

Barrowman“She has said if I wanted a baby she’ll have one for me. She wants to be a mum at some point and said if she didn’t have a partner, she’d do it with us instead. She also said even if Scott and I wanted to have one, she’d do it. I’d love to have kids – I’m a big kid at heart. We just hit it off [after appearing together in London’s West End in the play A Few Good Men] and now Suranne is a friend for life. It’s a big deal to have someone offer to have a baby for you and very humbling.”

But really, who wouldn’t want to have John Barrowman’s baby?

Previously
John Barrowman: Some People Are Gay, Get Over It [tr]
Valentino Wanted to be John Barrowman’s Sugar Daddy [tr]
John Barrowman Tells His Coming Out Story [tr]

Comments

1. Jimmyboyo says

I have never heard of the actress.

BUT, if it was british actress Indira Varma who played in torchwood, was Maya in Kama Sutra = just one of the BEST movies ever, played in ROME as Lucious Veronus’ wife = just the best miniseries EVER!!!!!!!!!!!

Then color me impresssed with the genetic possobilties. Till then

2. JJ says

I have no respect for this guy ever since he threw Valentino under the bus. And here he is again, yapping to the press about a private matter about someone else. And now we have a book. Oh joy. This guy really likes to hear himself talk. I don’t care how cute he is. He’s not anyone I would want as a friend.

3. Dick says

John has stated in the past that if he does father a child he’ll do it the old fashioned way. John has not been shy and is supposed to be…er. blessed, so Suranne should enjoy it.

4. Colin says

I’m fairly certain that he’s actually a robot sent from the future to star in really bad British sci-fi shows. That’s the only way to explain why he looks like an angry mannequin half the time…

5. Joshua says

I find Barrowman arrogant and self centered. I like people who work for the poor or to help gays get their rights and so forth, but I don’t really want to be reminded by them constantly what a wonderful chap they are and how I should be honored to pat them on the back. Thats the real John Barrowman.
    I don’t consider him all that much looks wise either. His partner is a really nice guy(Scott) and dosen’t mind taking a back seat to motormouth, but I don’t know how he puts up with him. Barrowman placed his hand on my ass at a club in Oxford 4 yeaars ago and I nicely told him to remove it or they would be removing it from his a**. He got very upset and said I should be thrilled someone like him would be interested in me. Piss off!!! I’m better looking , younger and in far better shape than that queen.

6. JerzeeMike says

I kind of have to agree with some of the comments here today. The more I see of John Barrowman on the boards the less I like him. He’s really rather arrogant, crude, and extremely self-centered. But that’s an actor for you.

7. Julie says

I very much doubt he made this “revelation” (which is actually years old) without her permission. Besides John has said he has no plans to have a child and would probably adopt if he did have one.

8. says

I’ll be his surrogate… it might not work, being that I’m a guy, but I’m all for trying.

I’ve known actors most of my life–yeah, they have a certain arrogance and self-centeredness about them… in my book, they’re fun. If I looked that good and had that voice, I’d be arrogant, too…