Film | James McAvoy | News

BigGayDeal.com

James McAvoy is a Wanted Man

James_mcavoy_2

For a number of reasons.

From the trailer for the upcoming McAvoy - Angelina Jolie assassin thriller, Wanted.

Comments

1. Looking at that photo, I am filling out my underwear as much as that Aussie Bum ad!

Posted by: davefromtampa | Mar 7, 2008 9:07:16 AM

2. I know a little off topic, has anyone seen the trailer for the movie "Never Back Down"? I saw it the other night, something about street fighting...hooottt!

Posted by: davey | Mar 7, 2008 9:44:02 AM

3. I'm intrigued by this movie. I love it when Angelina is all bad ass ala Mr. & Mrs. Smith. McAvoy is icing on that cake ;)

As for Never Back Down....I would only watch it on mute. Maybe they'll put the twinky violence on Xtube or something...

Posted by: NickinIndy | Mar 7, 2008 9:47:53 AM

4. Damn that's hot. I usually go in for bigger, beefier hairier guys, but MacAvoy's sex appeal is on fire.

Posted by: sam | Mar 7, 2008 10:01:19 AM

5. Here's our Never Back Down coverage in case you missed it.

Posted by: andy | Mar 7, 2008 10:09:03 AM

6. oh sweet, i did miss that thnx andy

Posted by: davey | Mar 7, 2008 10:12:07 AM

7. Oh, fuck me.

Posted by: Ben | Mar 7, 2008 10:17:08 AM

8. *sigh* There was nothing wrong with McAvoy's ivory, medium-built body, as seen in Atonement. Now he has the same boring gym-bunny look as every stud in Hollywood. Boooooring.

Never Back Down is terrible.

Posted by: Bill W | Mar 7, 2008 10:56:36 AM

9. I love James McAvoy but he just doesn't look right in that photo. It's like they glued his head onto Ryan Reynold's body.

Posted by: Gregoire | Mar 7, 2008 11:05:12 AM

10. James, baby, I know you want me so bad but you can wait until you get to the bedroom to start taking off your clothes...

Posted by: junior | Mar 7, 2008 1:07:57 PM

11. I saw a bit of _Wanted_ last week. Even without completed special effects, I was really enthralled and totally entertained.

I've always liked Jolie and very much enjoy what she does with roles, but I was equally impressed with both of them and with the depth and humor they brought to a often-cliched genre.

Posted by: Rey | Mar 7, 2008 1:51:41 PM

12. I've had the hots for him since the 'Dune' mini-series. Even hotter is the fact that he's turned into a great actor. He deserved an Oscar nomination for 'Atonement' but the competition was just too stiff this year. He's part of a new generation of actors with looks & talent that include Ryan Gosling & Emile Hirsch, both of whom also just missed getting Oscar nods this year.

Posted by: scar2 | Mar 7, 2008 3:01:51 PM

13. Just a note on McAvoy ... I watched Starter for Ten the other day on Showtime or one of the pay cable channels, and it looks like between that film and Atonement (sometime between) he had some grillwork done. Teeth, chin, nose, I think.

Am I wrong?

Check it out for yourself. I think the movie (costarring Catherine Tate) is on all month.

Posted by: Joe Bua | Mar 7, 2008 8:14:35 PM

14. He was much hotter as Tumnus in the Narnia movie. Now he looks just like everybody else, with his chest hair shaved off. What a crass mistake.

Posted by: Emilio | Mar 9, 2008 9:27:51 AM

15. The Oscar nod he really should have gotten was the one erroneously given to Forest Whitaker for Last King of Scotland. McAvoy was brilliant in what was a completely made-up role as Idi Amin's personal physician. Whitaker was merely supporting McAvoy and should have been nominated as such, but of course bleeding-heart liberal Hollywood gave him top honors and left sexy, intense James -- who had a couple of memorable nude scenes in Last King -- out in the cold, as they did this year for Atonement.

Posted by: Matt | Mar 9, 2008 6:27:18 PM

16. HOLY. FREAKING. CRAP. The last five or six DVDs I rented from Netflix were all to satisfy my McCravings.

Posted by: Xavier | Mar 10, 2008 4:18:05 AM