News | Television

BigGayDeal.com

Sordid Lives: The Series is Coming

Sordid

The new trailer for Sordid Lives The Series, based on Del Shores 1996 play and 2000 film, has hit the web. The show stars Beth Grant, Rue McClanahan, Caroline Rhea, Jason Dottley, Bonnie Bedelia, Leslie Jordan, and Olivia Newton-John. Tammy Wynette is played by Wynette's daughter Georgette Jones. It was rumored to be coming to LOGO in the fall, but I've heard it may be moved up as early as June.

Check it out, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Wow, a reason to watch Logo again. Since Noah’s ARC ended, I have had no reason to watch. Sordid Lives: The Series will get me tuning in. Love that Leslie Jordan and Olivia Newton-John are going to be a part of it, where is Delta?

Posted by: Scott | Mar 28, 2008 4:00:47 PM

2. I'm confused. Is it a prequel to the movie?

Posted by: crispy | Mar 28, 2008 4:10:23 PM

3. this looks amazing.

Posted by: rae | Mar 28, 2008 4:14:36 PM

4. Yay!!! This looks great. And I too will never break a promise I made to the First Lady of Country Music.

Posted by: Feral | Mar 28, 2008 4:26:02 PM

5. It was a very funny movie, so looking forward to this. Looks like they're changing the premise a bit. I'm just guessing here, but Rue McClanahan is playing Mama, now not dead, Brother Boy's still in the crazy ward, Caroline Rhea is replacing Delta, and the cute son is now completely nelly. Interesting.

Posted by: TroyTooner | Mar 28, 2008 4:38:36 PM

6. I should send them some family home videos... it'll save the writers alot of time coming up with storylines.

Posted by: kansastock | Mar 28, 2008 4:42:32 PM

7. That was the gayest thing I have ever seen in my entire life. Is there something campier than camp? I think we are reaching Mommie Dearest levels.

Posted by: Brian | Mar 28, 2008 4:43:21 PM

8. If you needed another reason to watch Logo again, watch "Big Gay Sketch Show." The first season was marginally funny, but someone has lit a fire under their writers. I really like it.

Posted by: Mike Friedman | Mar 28, 2008 4:54:43 PM

9. Put on Tammy and hand me a tissue, please.

Posted by: Ernie | Mar 28, 2008 5:19:24 PM

10. Since I got rid of Logo after the unceremonious axing of Noah's Arc, this might be the tease to get me back, I just love Leslie Jordan who is absolute amazing in any role, and, although the original movie is one of those rated as one star, it was as funny as all out. But, mama died in the movie, and, that was one of the best parts, the funeral, and, of course the sainted Tammy Wynette.

Posted by: Jeff | Mar 28, 2008 5:45:04 PM

11. zzzzzzzzz-zz-zz-mmmpt. What's that, what's that you say?
    Something . . . new . . . innovative . . . funny and . . .exciting
    is coming to Logo? I believe it when I see it!

Posted by: Jorge in Paradise | Mar 28, 2008 5:49:36 PM

12. Logo is good but for chrissake do they have to edit all the queer as folk episodes? its not like this is network TV nothing worse then the constant bleeping or editing of the dialogs and it will ruin Sordid Lives if they do it to that series as well !!!

Posted by: alex | Mar 28, 2008 6:20:29 PM

13. Logo is good but for chrissake do they have to edit all the queer as folk episodes? its not like this is network TV nothing worse then the constant bleeping or editing of the dialogs and it will ruin Sordid Lives if they do it to that series as well !!!

Posted by: alex | Mar 28, 2008 6:20:47 PM

14. Logo is good but for chrissake do they have to edit all the queer as folk episodes? its not like this is network TV nothing worse then the constant bleeping or editing of the dialogs and it will ruin Sordid Lives if they do it to that series as well !!!

Posted by: alex | Mar 28, 2008 6:21:57 PM

15. cant wait for this!!!!

i may actually start watching LOGO now
    i can never find anything entertaining there (i'll admit, i never had it when noah's arc was on)

Posted by: gabriel | Mar 28, 2008 7:54:29 PM

16. I can't wait for this to air. the show looks even beetter than the movie! holy crap I can't wait!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: laven | Mar 28, 2008 7:56:21 PM

17. One of my favorite movies!!! Cannot wait to watch the series. VERY FUNNY!

Posted by: RB | Mar 28, 2008 8:25:53 PM

18. One of my favorite movies!!! Cannot wait to watch the series. VERY FUNNY!

Posted by: RB | Mar 28, 2008 8:26:14 PM

19. Del Shores has the same fascination with Tammy that I do! He asked her to sing the title song, but she passed away right before she was to do it. I heard she loved the story after Del gave her the script!

Posted by: Ken Atkins | Mar 28, 2008 10:34:31 PM

20. It was such a great movie... and with so much of the original cast back, how can they go wrong? I only wish Delta Burke had returned as well.

Posted by: tonic | Mar 29, 2008 9:38:16 AM

21. Loved the movie too... this looks amazing. Ditto for Delta not returning... I feel the same way about the 'original' Ty, who is quite the hottie. The new Ty seems a little less burdened than the one in the movie. Perfect choice for Rue to play Mama!

From the previews it also looks like we even get to see the cashier who had to have her stool reinforced with 'luuuug-nuts'. If you watch the movie on DVD notice that when Sissy says this, it looks like Latrell is trying very hard not to burst out laughing.

Posted by: k | Mar 31, 2008 12:15:02 AM

22. The actor playing "Ty" here is the one who played him on stage (at least when I saw it in St. Louis). Funny thing about the stage version: Leslie Jordan was terrific, of course, but by far the audience favorite was Juanita (Sarah Hunley). She stole absolutely every scene she was in, and played it to the hilt.

Posted by: Acolyte | Mar 31, 2008 11:29:52 AM

23. Yeah, I was pretty unimpressed with the Ty in this. He seems a bit more femme than the one in the movie, not that there is anything wrong with that, but we're supposed to believe that he was a virile soap actor?

Del Shores was in Indianapolis last year for our Pride, and one of the local theaters did an encore version of their successful rendition of his Southern Baptist Sissies. Long story short, the dude playing Ty is Del's boyfriend. I don't know if the chicken came before the egg, but I'm just reporting. :)

Posted by: Nick | Mar 31, 2008 1:31:22 PM

24. Damn, I don't get LOGO, but hopefully they will release this on DVD. I know my bf will go nuts over it. We have met Leslie Jordan in person and have a signed copy of his
    Brother boy poster on the wall.
    Favorite character in the show is Juanita...she just rattles on and on. Ya know we all know someone like that.
    whats funny is the little nuances like the cigarette case the Sissy picks up before she goes outside, ya know the one that had a pocket for the lighter...all of the women had them. And all of the candy dishes and knick knacks that Sissy had in her house, reminds me of grandma's house.
    anyhow...we love Sordid Lives, cannot wait for Southern Baptist Sissies to come to film. Saw that too, became friends with the stripper boy. anyhow...

Posted by: Paul | Mar 31, 2008 6:10:57 PM

25. actually "ty" jason dottley and del have been "as married as it gets" since 2003 thats when loving supportive family and friends gathered to share in their committment ceremony. what a glorious day it was. i am so proud of jason and del for choosing to live their lives honestly and in the light of life . maybe instead of
    "dels boyfriend" we could refer to him as "dels husband" neither had an easy journey to be able to publically and in front of family and friends declare their love and committment to one another. i applaud their lives intertwining so beautifully and pray they can play and work together forever. sorry just couldn't let "boyfriend" go without a mothers thoughts---you know how "proud moms" are!!!thanks

Posted by: ss | Apr 1, 2008 11:11:06 AM