Australia | Books | Brazil | Charlie Crist | Cher | Crime | Florida | Gay Seniors | Hillary Clinton | Israel | Jim Neal | John Barrowman | Lance Bass | Military | News | Philadelphia | Sports | Underwear | Van Hansis

News: Jim Neal, Ronaldo, Gay Sauna, Smiley Face, Charlie Crist

road.jpg AFA asks followers to bombard Procter & Gamble with complaints over Luke and Noah's kiss.

Ronaldoroad.jpg Brazilian footballer Ronaldo caught up in tranny hooker extortion plot: "He told police he knew they were hookers, but didn't know they were dudes. He took the three trannies to a motel where he discovered the truth. He offered them around $600 each to leave. Two of the trannies accepted, but the other tranny, Andre Luis Ribeiro Albertino (above), demanded $30,000 or else."

road.jpg Out has an exclusive excerpt from John Barrowman's new autobiography, Anything Goes.

road.jpg Hillary Clinton supporter set up Reverend Jeremiah Wright appearance at National Press Club.

road.jpg HRC refusing to support gay candidate Jim Neal in North Carolina...

road.jpg Philadelphia Mayor Michael Nutter appoints liaison to LGBT community. Mayor: "For the first time, the LGBT liaison will actually be operating out of the mayor's office, working across city government to advocate for the needs of Philadelphia's LGBT community."

road.jpg Australian forum hears calls for gay-friendlier nursing homes.

Bassroad.jpg Male autograph seekers mob Lance Bass outside Villa nightclub.

road.jpg Police raid gay sauna in Israel: "The association's chairman, Mike Hammel, said that 'the sauna is a meeting place for men looking to meet men.' Hammel received many complaints from the sauna's visitors accusing him of slander. The sauna is viewed as a recreational place for gays around the world. In Tel-Aviv, for instance, there are three running saunas. A. established the sauna in Haifa a few months ago, investing large sums of money, and has run it ever since. This is the only place in the north serving as a meeting place for the gay community. 'Saying that this place provides prostitution services, is simply ignorance and stupidity', he said to Ynet. 'Only in Haifa can they come to a place for gays, remove people as if they were a herd of animals, and simply place them under investigation for prostitution.'"

Smileyfaceroad.jpg Smiley Face: Investigators discover common link between 40 murder cases of young men across the country. "Gannon and Duarte have done something that no other law enforcement agency has ever done in this case -- they looked at the big picture and visited each site where the young men disappeared. While most local investigations focused on where a body was recovered, Gannon and Duarte tried to figure out where the body went into the river. City after city, when they'd find the spot where the body went in, they would find something else: The symbol of a smiley face."

Cruise_cherroad.jpg Cher reminisces about affair with Tom Cruise: "It could have been a great big romance because I was crazy for him."

road.jpg Lipstick Jungle's Robert Buckley doing what he does best.

road.jpg Military responds to disgusting video of conditions at Fort Bragg: " Frawley's 10-minute video shows still photos from throughout the building, which appears to be falling apart and filled with mold and rust. Paint -- which Frawley said is lead-based -- is chipping. Ceiling tiles are missing. A broken drain pipe allows sewer gas into the building, while another one has tissues stuffed into it in an apparent effort to stop the gas from coming in. Photos from the communal bathroom show some of the most disgusting images. In one, a soldier stands in a sink to avoid what Frawley describes as 3 inches of sewage water that filled the floor when toilets overflowed."

road.jpg Letter from Bible beater to underwear company condemns "evil, immoral clothing that will keep souls out of the holy, heavenly kingdom."

road.jpg Who knew? Florida Governor Charlie Crist has a wife (or at least some want him to be seen that way).

Comments

1. Call P&G to register your support of Luke and Noah: 1-800-331-3774.

It is easy

press 1 or 2 for english or spanish

Then press 1 for support of gay kiss or 2 concerned

Posted by: Jimmyboyo | Apr 29, 2008 1:58:15 PM

2. Did the Hillary supporter hold up cue cards for Wright too?

Obama goes on Fox News:

Posted by: daveynyc | Apr 29, 2008 1:59:23 PM

3. oh yea...Robert Buckley is the hottest guy on the planet...

Posted by: daveynyc | Apr 29, 2008 2:03:33 PM

4. Can't even handle being force-fed any more Hillary....

Posted by: Joseph | Apr 29, 2008 2:04:37 PM

5. I have just about had it with the HRC. Each week they find yet another way to fall horribly short of what they could/should be as an organization. At this point, I am not even sure I want them representing me and my interests to the public anymore.

But I know one thing, until they get their collective head out of their ass, they are not getting another dime from me. I might consider opening my checkbook again when they start making an effort to make a difference rather than just towing the political line.

Posted by: BVC | Apr 29, 2008 2:07:08 PM

6. Thanks JimmyBoyo. I just registered my support!

Posted by: Jeff | Apr 29, 2008 2:12:29 PM

7. In fairness to the Clinton campaign, it should be noted that the Clinton supporter who arranged for Wright to speak at the Press Club has been trying to get him invited to speak there for the past two years.

This was not a hit job by the campaign. Wright is seeking out publicity right now on his own.

Posted by: 24play | Apr 29, 2008 2:18:41 PM

8. I'm more shocked Victory Fund didn't endorse Jim Neal. HRC's failures never surprise me but isn't the entire point of the Victory Fund to endorse openly gay candidates for political office and support their campaigns financially?

Posted by: Vince | Apr 29, 2008 2:21:20 PM

9. Genius of Lance to pay all those male models to hound him outside Villa! He truly IS a gay icon now, always plotting ways to make himself appear attractive and popular (SEE: Cher, Madonna, etc.)

Posted by: jaimie | Apr 29, 2008 2:43:03 PM

10. Thank you, 24play for stating that.

Can we all now objectively agree that Andy has dropped all pretense at being unbiased in this election?

It's AmericaBlog with better graphics!

Posted by: jmg | Apr 29, 2008 2:49:01 PM

11. I don't think Andy needs to be unbiased, it's his blog. That said, there is something to be said for the Huffington/Americablog anti-Hillary focus (even when painting it where it doesn't exist like in this case). I would have expected more from this blog than those others, but whatever. To each his own.

Posted by: Vince | Apr 29, 2008 3:12:37 PM

12. And I'd expect more for JoeMyGod, what with his blatantly obvious Hillary bias.

It's a blog. C'est la vie.

Posted by: Dan | Apr 29, 2008 3:24:31 PM

13. thanx, JIMMYBOYO. i just voted for NUKE and the (gasp!) kiss. that wildmon guy and his organization are laughable.

---------------------------------

i don't get the ronaldo/tranny-hooker situation. how could he not tell that they were dudes? did he get them to the hotel then change his mind?

-----------------------------------

24PLAY, thank you for helping to keep things real.

Posted by: nic | Apr 29, 2008 3:24:44 PM

14. I am not JoeMyGod

Posted by: jmg | Apr 29, 2008 3:28:21 PM

15. Damn, that story about the killings of the young men in the upper midwest is chilling. Why hasn't this garnered more coverage?

Posted by: chris | Apr 29, 2008 3:28:31 PM

16. Jeff :-)

NIC

NUKE

Cool name for the couple :-)

Chris

Thanx for saying something. I totaly missed that story.

I went back and re-read it

Yikes.

Cool on the guys who figured out a connection in the 40 cases

scarry on the whole deal.

Posted by: Jimmyboyo | Apr 29, 2008 3:37:57 PM

17. That mass-murder story gives me a really, really bad feeling. An organized gang abducting and torturing and drowning attractive athletic men.

I have no evidence here, but I'm sensing a Dahmer-esque twist to this in my gut. God help us all if this is some fucked up group of 'gay' men doing this.

I'm too upset to express myself well here. The last thing I want to suggest is that I only care how this nightmare will make gay people look. Those poor kids and those poor parents - tortured, terrified, and heartbroken. But I can't help but dread another national homicidal gay spectacle. Perhaps if I was a better person I wouldn't.

Posted by: Yeek | Apr 29, 2008 3:54:18 PM

18. Ditto jimmyboyo-I also just registered my support of the Nuke
    story line.

Posted by: gaywest | Apr 29, 2008 3:59:01 PM

19. FYI, if you are calling PNG:

Press 1 for English
    Press 2 to vote on the topic
    Then press 1 in support of.

There's a step not mentioned in the first comment above.

Posted by: Britton | Apr 29, 2008 4:05:03 PM

20. Yikes...one of the guys on that list went missing from my college campus (a very small campus) during my freshman year, and another was found in the river near where I currently live.

Posted by: scientitian | Apr 29, 2008 4:12:16 PM

21. Yayy! Thanks Jimmyboyo for the number and the tip. I phoned it in too. ;)

As for the AFA and their boycotts, it it my firm belief that the AFA members across the globe should once and for all boycott air, water, shelter and food.

Does anyone else wonder why, no matter how busy Barrowman's career has been, or how attractive he is, why on earth he or anyone else thinks it's time for his bio?

"Blah blah blah, me me me, I'm JOHN BARROWMAN, blah blah, me me me me me. HAHAHAHHA! I'm laughing all the way to the ban...oh, there isn't really any money in this publishing thing after all."

Okay, so maybe he'll inspire the young gays of the world to do things they wouldn't otherwise, and perhaps his character is "groundbreaking" (not really-it's BBC after all), but the whole auto-bio thing is a bit much. Get a ghost writer at least, for chrissakes!

If he wants to really do something good for all of us...SEND JIM NEAL MONEY AND GET HIM ELECTED!

A gay "sauna" (bathhouse?) raid in Haifa? Sheesh. Israeli gay men have got to be some seriously tough, or just plain crazy motherf*ckers. Homo-hangers and haters at the border, as well as inside, cursing and firebombing rabbis, daily bombings, stabbings, bombings, some more bombings. And for a moment they'd feel safe going to the "sauna"? F*ck that! Then again, we could all learn a lesson from that very ballsyness.

Posted by: FizziekruntNT | Apr 29, 2008 4:12:49 PM

22. Sorry Britton

You are right.

thanx on posting the info I forgot to mention

Posted by: Jimmyboyo | Apr 29, 2008 4:14:32 PM

23. I love the way the non support of a gay candidate for senate by the HRC is hidden amongst drivle of Lance Bass and a non story about Ronaldo.

The elitist snobs of the HRC are setting a great example.

Posted by: mikeinbama | Apr 29, 2008 4:41:25 PM

24. http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/matching-rights-for-gay-couples/2008/04/29/1209234862823.html

Posted by: Will Barrow | Apr 29, 2008 6:57:01 PM

25. Several of those drownings took place in and around the city I'm currently living in for college. It's always felt like there was more to it than just young guys and alcohol not mixing, mainly because of how many victims there have been. Makes me nervous...

Posted by: Justin | Apr 30, 2008 3:55:11 AM