Justin Timberlake | Madonna | Music | Music Video | News | Timbaland

Got 4 Minutes?

Ticktock

Feel like you're at the Bodies exhibition? Check out the Madonna-Timberlake-Timbaland video, AFTER THE JUMP (before it's taken down)...

Comments

1. I'm either too old now to get this, or it really did suck that much.

"The road to hell is paved in good intentions... yeah... "

Posted by: taodon | Apr 3, 2008 4:59:16 PM

2. Aaaannd... It's down.

Posted by: Butter | Apr 3, 2008 5:00:33 PM

3. This will be the first Madonna album since the beginning that I will not buy.

Posted by: Tropico | Apr 3, 2008 5:02:08 PM

4. Trust me... it's better that way.

Posted by: taodon | Apr 3, 2008 5:02:09 PM

5. Yep, you're too old! :)

Posted by: Matthew Rettenmund | Apr 3, 2008 5:02:58 PM

6. The song is much catchier than I expected it to be and this video is really quite amazing. The concept (the world deconstructing) is a great complement to the sampled music (songs being deconstructed).

And sometimes it's just nice to see something so slickly well-done. After all, the song IS about the power of a pop song to change one's world, if even for a short while (or 4 minutes!).

I don't really follow Madonna anymore but I'm prepared to listen to the rest of this record with an open mind.

Posted by: seeldee | Apr 3, 2008 5:12:50 PM

7. Loves it.

Posted by: Jake | Apr 3, 2008 5:21:40 PM

8. I loves Madge but this one blows chunks.

Posted by: FASTLAD | Apr 3, 2008 5:26:44 PM

9. I liked it, I want to hear more of what Matthew R. has to say about it, Madonna loves metaphors and meaning especially with all her kabbalah stuff... seems like there is a lot going on in the video, and btw, I don't think anyone is to old to get it, might just have to know more about whats going on in her head... the whole deconstructing thing is interesting but why do Justin and Madonna get enveloped by the blackness at the end also? Matthew? Any Pop Culture Theorists out there?

Posted by: Carlysle | Apr 3, 2008 5:31:48 PM

10. @tropico: same here. I can't stand it.

Posted by: Sergio | Apr 3, 2008 5:39:23 PM

11. I'll give the new album a chance, but based on this I'm afraid it's going to be another 'American Life'.

Posted by: Miles | Apr 3, 2008 5:42:43 PM

12. This song has really grown on me over the past two weeks. I also like the a sort of reenactment of the Justin/Janet wardrobe malfunction.

Posted by: peter | Apr 3, 2008 5:47:34 PM

13. It's hot..Don't like the beard on JT. The clock in the backround is cool, in real time I think. I so wanted his shirt off in the bathroom instead of hers, but what can you do? The end kind of reminds me of the Super Bowl when he took Janet's top off...

Posted by: daveynyc | Apr 3, 2008 5:47:57 PM

14. As always, Madonna shows that throughout the years, her talents are timeless. This song rocks! It's great to see Madonna collaborating with today's biggest artists. The product is an amazing song and ultracool video!

Posted by: Dr. Christopher Blackwell | Apr 3, 2008 5:54:30 PM

15. Pathetic that she feels it necessary to hire other 'hot' performers to 'save' her career. Trying to be 'hip-hop' when you are 50 is artistically dishonest. Will she ever make transcendent art like she did with William Orbit again? I keep hoping, but every CD since has been a disappointment. The only hope for this song is if the remixers can polish this turd.

Posted by: BRINKER | Apr 3, 2008 5:54:30 PM

16. @Matthew R. - I'm too old??!!! I don't like the songs I've heard pure and simple. Funny how I'm too old to like it but Madonna isn't too old to make it.

Posted by: tropico | Apr 3, 2008 6:01:32 PM

17. I think it is amazing! Madonna shines on the 4 Minute screen. Fantastic.

Posted by: Trub | Apr 3, 2008 6:04:12 PM

18. The only clock ticking is Madonna's.

She's already starting to look a little long in the tooth and the conceit that she is still sexually appealing is wearing thin. Sheer determination will not see her through menopause.

Which is fine! Life moves on. Madonna just needs to evolve.

PS The video is meh, but the song is positively AWFUL.

Posted by: Tim | Apr 3, 2008 6:06:01 PM

19. disappointing. she's lazy.

Posted by: Jeff | Apr 3, 2008 6:07:16 PM

20. Did that scarf make me look gay?

Posted by: Justin Timberlake | Apr 3, 2008 6:09:17 PM

21. This really makes me wish this song was produced by junkie xl instead of Timberland, even more.

Posted by: wdcwoof | Apr 3, 2008 6:10:58 PM

22. Love it!

Posted by: sparks | Apr 3, 2008 6:16:01 PM

23. More section cuts!

Posted by: archo | Apr 3, 2008 6:16:14 PM

24. if the song is called "4 minutes", why does it run 4 minutes and 6 seconds?

Posted by: adam | Apr 3, 2008 6:17:52 PM

25. can i get my four minutes back?

Posted by: A.J. | Apr 3, 2008 6:23:43 PM