Fashion Men | Karl Lagerfeld | New York | News

BigGayDeal.com

Karl Lagerfeld Has a Diet Coke Butler

Karllagerfelddietcoke

Karl Lagerfeld was out shooting photos in New York recently with his entourage, which includes the first Diet Coke butler I have ever seen.

Lagerfeld is known for his love of Diet Coke and claimed in 2001 to have lost 90 lbs subsisting on that and steamed vegetables. Now we know how he always keeps it on hand.

Previously
Lagerfeld Vulnerable as Bodyguard Models Happy Feet Togs [tr]

(via flickr user mordechai der yid via greg.org)

Comments

1. Seriously he needs a full meal deal or something he looks like one of the Olsen twins!

Posted by: bob | Apr 10, 2008 9:03:41 AM

2. The hell with Karl, where's the hot bodyguard. I'd do him in a flash. Karl look like a unburied mummy.

Posted by: BUTCH | Apr 10, 2008 9:17:24 AM

3. I read recently that Karl has moved from Diet Coke to Coke Zero. Seriously, he's a full-on kook! John Colapinto wrote a great piece on Kapt'n Karl a while back in the New Yorker - check it out: http://tinyurl.com/5cwc6t

Posted by: Keith in Boston | Apr 10, 2008 9:30:37 AM

4. Multiple studies have found that drinking diet sodas in that capacity actually increase your weight. Sorry, Karl.

Posted by: crispy | Apr 10, 2008 10:31:00 AM

5. They do not increase your weight, they increase your appetite. But, as studies also have found man can resist that inspite of rats.

And: You shouldn't believe in every study result.

Posted by: Chris | Apr 10, 2008 11:51:05 AM

6. Diet Coke is about one degree above Crystal Meth in nutritional and health value and only about two degrees below it in addictiveness.

It's amazing that the poison is still on the market.

Posted by: Zeke | Apr 10, 2008 12:01:41 PM

7. One word: Monsanto

Posted by: Chris | Apr 10, 2008 12:04:17 PM

8. How does the poor butler keep a straight face, is what I want to know.

Posted by: Pete | Apr 10, 2008 12:13:55 PM

9. Come on people. Saying Coke is like Meth? Its soda people. Soda.

Posted by: Lori | Apr 10, 2008 12:51:12 PM

10. LOL@ Pete! I so need to know too! He looks somehow bemused!

Posted by: Shabaka | Apr 10, 2008 1:01:41 PM

11. Chris,
    Thanks for the advice. I don't automatically believe the results of every study. But when multiple studies come up with the same result, I tend to start believing. Crazy, huh?

And note that several of those studies were performed on humans, not rats. Though I suspect either test subject could apply to Karl Lagerfeld.

Posted by: crispy | Apr 10, 2008 1:20:23 PM

12. The acid in Coke can eat the chrome off a bumper.

Posted by: Miles | Apr 10, 2008 3:26:47 PM

13. And just like Meth addicts, you can tell who the Diet Coke addicts are. They become very defensive very quickly.

Posted by: Zeke | Apr 10, 2008 4:42:05 PM

14. Tom Ford loves his Diet Coke also.

Tom is on this months cover and Karl is on it next month I think.

www.Prestigehk.com

Posted by: MW | Apr 10, 2008 5:09:45 PM

15. It's hard to believe that anyone takes fashion seriously with stories like this.

Remember Bruno's interview with the fashion designer on the Ali G show? Wonderful.

Posted by: jmg | Apr 10, 2008 6:19:15 PM

16. The weight loss is probably due to the multiple tumors and cancer that's caused by aspartame that's in Diet Coke.

Posted by: Chino | Apr 10, 2008 9:34:31 PM

17. I like Diet Coke, except it's not sweet enough, so I add lots of extra Splenda, and if you're worried about gaining weight (which I'm not), use real coke too. Meth breaks your skin out too much ;)

Posted by: Chad | Apr 10, 2008 9:40:39 PM