Mario Lopez | News | Towleroad TV

Mario Lopez on A Chorus Line, His New Book, and Gay Fans

Mariotowleroadtv

We know there are just a few Mario Lopez fans out there. In our second segment of Towleroad TV, correspondents Josh Helmin and Josh Koll talked to Lopez, who is debuting on Broadway in A Chorus Line tonight as the show-within-a-show's director, Zach. Lopez talks about that role, as well as his new fitness book, A.C. Slater, and his gay fanbase. You'll also get to see some of his Chorus Line moves.

Watch our second segment of Towleroad TV, AFTER THE JUMP...

Previously on Towleroad TV
Christopher Rice on Death Threats and His New Thriller Blind Fall [tr]

Josh Koll and Josh Helmin write their own blog, Josh & Josh are Rich and Famous.

Comments

1. Mario in the morning...I may just faint.

Posted by: sam | Apr 15, 2008 9:42:36 AM

2. There's my sweetly dimpled, satiny smooth secret husband, molded head to toe from the finest dulce du leche. He's just too good to be true...as some of the women in his life have discovered! But I don't care--I know in my heart that when he's Dancing with the Stars, he's dancing for me. ME ME ME ME ME! Thank you.

Posted by: David D. | Apr 15, 2008 9:56:12 AM

3. My three favorite vitamins, T, A & C. Yes lawd!

Posted by: Princess Superwhore | Apr 15, 2008 10:08:43 AM

4. papi chulo!

Posted by: nic | Apr 15, 2008 10:17:47 AM

5. Love him! He's adorable! Something about that Latin flavor! Makes my heart goes nuts!

Posted by: Eric | Apr 15, 2008 10:18:51 AM

6. He sure brings the tang.

Notice how he avoids eye contact when discussing his gay fan base.

Posted by: Ben | Apr 15, 2008 10:20:14 AM

7. Yes, NIC, he's a true Papi Chulo...and an adorable "gentle top only"--the best kind...heeheehee. I can see it in his dimples. Are they real?

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Apr 15, 2008 10:46:37 AM

8. I find it more than little curious that "straight" entertainers refer to their "gay" fan base. How often does Ellen, Melissa or Anderson mention their "straight" fan base? Just wondering ... Lulu.

Posted by: Lulu B. | Apr 15, 2008 11:10:59 AM

9. ♪ ♥ M♥A♥R♥I♥O ♥ ♪

Posted by: 1♥ | Apr 15, 2008 1:08:00 PM

10. Andy, dude, y'all scored an interview with Mario Lopez.

Props!

Posted by: Jeff | Apr 15, 2008 1:43:28 PM

11. Swoon.........
    He has one of the cutest smiles!

Posted by: sparks | Apr 15, 2008 5:22:45 PM

12. He is just dreammy!!! and he seems to be such a nice guy ,althought he cheated on his ex-wife,Aly.
    Well,I still love him!

Posted by: Calo | Apr 16, 2008 1:31:42 AM

13. does his book really work?

Posted by: blue888 | Apr 16, 2008 2:37:07 AM

14. I WORKED AT A TV STATION WHERE MARIO WAS A GUEST. HE IS SUPERHOT! NOT IN A CLUB HOT SORTA WAY. HE'S HOT LIKE "OH MY GOD HAVE YOU SEEN JOHNNYS SISTER BLANCAS' MAN?!" SORTA HOT! THE DIMPLES ARE TA DIE FOR!

Posted by: dw314 | Apr 18, 2008 12:37:26 PM

15. I don't wanna smack you w/a downer...but if you're planning on seeing Mario in CHORUS LINE...he does NOT perform in the rehearsal clothes shown in towleroad clips. Sorry, bros, but he wears the traditional sweater, Zach, the director has always worn in this show...brown w/black horizontal stripes. You can see it at: http://achorusline.com/achorusline_video.php# [the first video when Zach says: "five, six, seven, eight..."

Posted by: MarkInLA | Apr 18, 2008 5:50:05 PM

16. Not wanting to be a complete buzz-kill on Mario's costume in A CHORUS LINE, I found a longer clip of him (still in rehearsal clothes and not wt he'll wear in the show):

Posted by: MarkInLA | Apr 18, 2008 10:03:58 PM

17. He is undeniably sexy -- but not someone I personally dream over.
    On "DANCING WITH THE STARS" -- I thought he mentioned his partner less, and said "I" rather than "we" when the hosts asked about the couple's dance routine --- more than any other I recall.
    So I hope he is less into himself than he seems to come across. THAT aint sexy to many of us, like me.

Posted by: BOB | Apr 19, 2008 5:05:15 PM

18. Too bad that he's not only not right for the part but looked pretty damn awkward trying to dance/move next to real dancers...That character is older and definitely not as attractive as any dancer...star casting alive and well. But he's a babe so it'll sell tickets.

Posted by: bryanD | Apr 19, 2008 6:31:55 PM

19. Mario is one tasty little morsel. Lord have mercy, he's hot.

Looks like I gotta make another trip to NYC to see "A Chorus Line." "A Chorus Line" was the first show I actually saw on Broadway, way back in 1979, but the new cast definitely looks a lot hunkier than the '79 crew, wonderful though they were.

Posted by: Hephaestion | Apr 19, 2008 6:41:50 PM

20. toll-road? oh, now i get it...

all these years i've been reading this blog i thought it was towel-road

i'm an idiot

Posted by: parker | Apr 21, 2008 1:41:48 AM

21. You know I loves me some Josh and Josh, but I found this TowleroadTV a lot more oh-my-god-I-totally-interviewed-Mario-Lopez-can-you-believe-it-oh-my-GOD! fanqueenish than the Christopher Rice interview. If there's such a thing as too gay, which I do not think there is, the drooling over his book cover came pretty close.

Posted by: Rita | Apr 21, 2008 8:18:59 AM

22. Mario's a cute actor about that there can be no doubt; however, someone who smiles as much as he does and is so syrupy all of the time has to have one heck of an alter ego under all that shmaltz.

Posted by: Lewis | Sep 16, 2008 2:17:29 AM