Models | News | Playing Gay | Reality TV | Soap Operas | Vinci Alonso

Viva Hollywood's Vinci Has Crybaby Meltdown Over Gay Role

Vinci1_2

You may remember Vinci Alonso from the modeling reality series 8th & Ocean (above). Now he's in the new VH1 show Viva Hollywood! a reality show in which Latino actors compete to become the next telenovela (Latin soap) star (the winner receives a contract with Telemundo). The latest episode demanded that contestants Vinci and Berto do a gay scene together, which caused Vinci to lock himself in the bathroom and cry.

Vinci4

GuyTVBlog reports: "In the end Berto won the "lust" challenge which was a $10,000 shopping spree prize awarded for his "triumph" for playing gay. He then shared his vanity prize with Vinci for also being able to come out of this ordeal with their masculinity still in tact."

Vinci2

Watch the clip AFTER THE JUMP...

Viva Hollywood! | Vinci & Berto Flip The Fuck Out When Told They Have To Play Gay [guytvblog]

Comments

1. LOL: "Sometimes I have to do scenes with 60 year-old women." Kind of a Michael Scott moment.

Posted by: SH | Apr 21, 2008 10:14:42 AM

2. I'm sorry--someone who bursts into tears over the 'ordeal' of having to play someone gay has not survived with their masculinity intact.

Posted by: David D. | Apr 21, 2008 10:17:05 AM

3. What a pussy.

Posted by: FizziekruntNT | Apr 21, 2008 10:26:44 AM

4. "methinks he doth protest too much."

Posted by: TOOBOOT | Apr 21, 2008 10:31:08 AM

5. Blubbering like a school girl and locking himself in the bathroom to cry, what a princess (assuming his mother is still alive). Vincita appears to be quite a closet case! I think he probably feared discovery of his deep, dark secret of homosexuality. And if that scene passes for acting, he'll go nowhere in the mainstream media. In any event, he doesn't strike me as much of a man or an actor.

Posted by: Bob R | Apr 21, 2008 10:33:15 AM

6. I bet if they told him he was going to be playing a guy with two machine guns who goes on a psycho killing spree he would have been thrilled. But playing a gay guy?! WAAAAAAAAAH!!!

What a pussy. "Sometimes life puts you in positions you don't want to be in... blah blah" tell me something I don't know.

Posted by: Wes | Apr 21, 2008 10:40:19 AM

7. He's gay. He was just scared to face the not too hidden truth. It was too much for him. Poor guy.

Posted by: Pugzz | Apr 21, 2008 10:53:43 AM

8. The Kid is a model for INTERNATIONAL MALE. That alone busts the masculinity schtick. It also busts the good taste schtick.

Posted by: Jimmyboyo | Apr 21, 2008 10:54:18 AM

9. What a drama Queen, They should have used that bathroom scene to show him as gay.

All that crying for that?

He's a pussy to the 2nd power

Posted by: Maverick69 | Apr 21, 2008 11:05:04 AM

10. what a diva

Posted by: brian | Apr 21, 2008 11:13:25 AM

11. He's the Latino William Shatner!....."How....long...have....we....been...friends...?" Listen to his stilted delivery again....lol

A lot of drama over nothing and not much of a "gay" scene, except if you count that both of them had something rising in those shorts....you can clearly see Mr. Drama Queen rearranging his crotch at the end and Mr. Masculine Rebuffed Gay Lover had to keep the towel strategically placed....hmmm

Posted by: beefy | Apr 21, 2008 11:21:58 AM

12. I agree, what a putz. I'm sure he feels like he needs to put on this show so that his family and friends think he strongly objected to doing the scene, but this reaction is just over the top.

Part of being a good actor means being professional. Acting like a homophobe when asked to play gay is not professional. I mean, it's not like he's being asked to pull a Divine and eat dog poo.

Posted by: Christian | Apr 21, 2008 11:23:23 AM

13. The prize was a 10k SHOPPING SPREE...because nothing makes a gal feel better than to split the prize and go get some new shoes with your new BFF. Which is, absolutely the most non-gay thing you could do...
    Lame.

Posted by: David | Apr 21, 2008 11:23:33 AM

14. I forgot to add, this is the kind of guy that'll frost a few cupcakes but won't sample his own work either.

GIANT pussy.

Posted by: FizziekruntNT | Apr 21, 2008 11:29:25 AM

15. Well, I have trouble playing "gay" also. Sometimes I scream and cry and drink in order to get into character. It aint easy playing "gay"--'specially on Mondays.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Apr 21, 2008 11:57:36 AM

16. ordeal?

I feel so affirmed.

Posted by: Sean | Apr 21, 2008 11:58:44 AM

17. Maybe its a cultural thing, but that was ridiculous.

I wonder if they gave him the part of the pursued so he would do it?

Still he's cute

Posted by: JJ | Apr 21, 2008 12:09:05 PM

18. I understand why he is crying because he is on a TV show that is challenging him, making more money than he should; gaining more exposure than most honest people ever will...

Wait what is he crying about?

Check out the clip on the URL by clicking my name and watch a real man (Robert Gant) act!!

Posted by: Charles | Apr 21, 2008 12:46:13 PM

19. That was the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen!! Here's hoping Vinci lands a role on a latin soap as a flaming, screaming, bottom queen.

Posted by: MikeinSanJose | Apr 21, 2008 1:05:17 PM

20. Life is so hard for straight men, especially for talentless reality TV actors - I forget that sometimes. As gay men who live a perpetual cake-walk, we must remember that and show compassion...

Posted by: David B. | Apr 21, 2008 1:05:48 PM

21. Oh My,

Big Girls do Cry

Posted by: Hefty-Whore | Apr 21, 2008 1:24:24 PM

22. He was afraid of popping a boner. Could it be more obvious?

Posted by: DCN | Apr 21, 2008 2:01:49 PM

23. He didn't even have to play gay!!!! He was the STRAIGHT guy in this scene.

Posted by: Rob | Apr 21, 2008 2:29:29 PM

24. He IS crying all the way to the bank!

Posted by: anon | Apr 21, 2008 2:42:36 PM

25. I kinda felt bad for him...as an actor you do get to choose your roles so why should he "have" to play any character?...either way he's hella sexy and his lips are sooo smokin'....cute straight guys always get a pass

Posted by: Team Vinci | Apr 21, 2008 5:00:30 PM