News | Playing Gay | Television

BigGayDeal.com

Who's Gay on Gossip Girl?

Uh oh, somebody spilled the beans... (SPOILER warning)

Comments

1. Whew, it's a lesbian (Serena) finally all the gay men can stop foaming at the mouth waiting to see some man on man action.

However, since the it is a lesbian storyline; Let's measure how fast this story disappears from the "gay press" because it holds no true interest for the masses.

Sure we want gay characters but only if they are hot men that we can imagine being with; why waste our time with a lesbian storyline?

Posted by: Charles | Apr 22, 2008 5:37:20 PM

2. And we're treating this like it matters because...?

Posted by: Jerry | Apr 22, 2008 5:40:38 PM

3. Because "Gossip Girl" is the most important TV show of all-time.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Apr 22, 2008 5:43:21 PM

4. Sorry, Charles, it's not Serena, but Serena's brother. And while I don't watch the show, I really don't understand the vitriol on this blog directed at people who do.

Posted by: Balthazar | Apr 22, 2008 5:57:09 PM

5. BALTHAZAR:

Because vitriol is what we do well.

Posted by: Itchy | Apr 22, 2008 6:02:43 PM

6. nah, the vitriol isn't all that good. it's pretty much predictable and annoying.

worse than middle school.

Posted by: tofer david | Apr 22, 2008 6:14:02 PM

7. I've come to realize that no matter what topic Andy posts about, there will be two guaranteed responses - 1. Who cares / why does this matter. 2. I'm offended. I'm waiting for someone to say "I don't know why this matters anyhow, but I'm totally offended!"

Posted by: Paul | Apr 22, 2008 6:29:32 PM

8. seems like sort of an easy out... i've only seen the show a few times but the hype built up around this coming out is a tad inflated for it to just be a sideline character... but half a gay is better than no gay at all!

Posted by: kostar | Apr 22, 2008 6:30:46 PM

9. I don't know why this matters anyhow, but I'm totally offended!

Posted by: Zeeshan | Apr 22, 2008 11:50:13 PM

10. So a google search has revealed that lily's son (serena's brother) is someone named Eric, but the CW's website doesn't show a character named Eric.... anyone know who the heck this is???

Posted by: Carl | Apr 23, 2008 9:35:38 AM

11. I, for one, could not live without this news and am thrilled!

Posted by: anon | Apr 23, 2008 11:52:48 AM

12. I'm not shocked... He's got frosted hair! Although I would expect that they would have given him a better hair cut. It almost looks like a wig with a really bad frosting job. xoxo... gossip girl

Posted by: shychiguy28 | Apr 23, 2008 1:07:46 PM

13. I agree most with Tofer David. My 'vitriolic sensor' goes into high alert status sometimes when I hit this board.

Anyway, I found about this a couple days ago I think via EOnline (yeah yeah, save it). I think the friend's name is Asher. IMDB.com search didn't help much.

Posted by: AaronJ | Apr 25, 2008 5:50:36 PM