News | Penn Badgley | Television

Penn Badgley Tells You Everything He Knows About Sexy

Pennwet

Perhaps Tom Cruise's recent fawn over 'breakout star' Chace Crawford is causing Gossip Girl's Penn Badgley to sex up his image.

Badgley did one of those things glossy mags and publicists force celebrities to do, and talked to InStyle about what he thinks is sexy. According to Badgley, sexy is an attitude, being different from what's aesthetically good-looking, playing sultry music, playing sports, being active, being around cheerleaders, Paris, New York, or actually anyplace, and yeah, chocolate-covered strawberries.

For some reason a hot dude in a white tank top soaked with water wasn't on his list, although in the print issue, he passes along this sage bit of poetry: "When you're wet and your clothes cling to you, you feel more exposed, almost more naked than naked. Everything is more romantic by water. Everyone remembers his or her first kiss in the pool, in the rain."

Watch the clip, AFTER THE JUMP...

Pennwet2

Comments

1. Sexy is Penn Badgley in a wet t-shirt, jeans, and barefoot. Whew!

Posted by: aaronj | May 27, 2008 6:01:37 PM

2. His voice is sexy... However, I do disagree about the sports analogy. Sports are sexy when you are rubbing up against another man. Nobody looks at the cheerleaders.

Posted by: Daniel | May 27, 2008 6:27:59 PM

3. he is really cute!

he kind of reminds me of Luciano from "playing it straight" and "gay, straight or taken"

see here:

Posted by: MARCO | May 27, 2008 6:34:18 PM

4. While he's definitely cute..must say he doesn't send me that much on the show. Was amused to see that he's jealous of Chace's breakout stardom, seems he's working overtime: pics of Penn holding hands with his costar Blake lively strolling hand in hand are all over today..coincidence?

It must be galling, since Chace gets attention for a lot of standing and pouting.. and manbangs. And the 3rd guy (I'm Chuck Bass!) looks like Jimmy Fallon's retarded brother.

Posted by: Arunz | May 27, 2008 7:20:14 PM

5. Penn is cute, but I have to admit I'd rather see Chace soaking wet.

Is it me, or does it seem odd that there aren't a lot of pics of the male cast members shirtless? Is it because the show is aimed at tweens and teens? Is it because they're in NYC, and the characters are generally dressy opposed to casual? I've only caught a couple of episodes, but I haven't seen enough skin for my liking...

Posted by: EricW | May 27, 2008 7:34:25 PM

6. I wish Jake would do a shoot like that!

Posted by: john | May 27, 2008 8:10:09 PM

7. Anyone who actually watches the show knows that Chace is boring, Penn is obnoxious, and Ed Westwick is the "breakout star" of Gossip Girl.

Posted by: JB | May 27, 2008 9:19:26 PM

8. Don't watch the show but licking "chocolate-covered strawberries" off of Penn's face?***MAJOR SEIZURES***

Posted by: Shabaka | May 28, 2008 11:41:52 AM

9. Penn Badgley is a skillful actor in "John Tucker Must Die". This actor, who plays a role of John Tucker's brother, is very potential. Penn really has a very promising career in acting.

Posted by: C. | May 29, 2008 4:08:00 AM

10. Penn Badgley is a skillful actor in "John Tucker Must Die". This actor, who plays a role of John Tucker's brother, is very potential. Penn really has a very promising career in acting.

Posted by: C. | May 29, 2008 4:08:26 AM

11. Yup, he's hot. I like him better than Chace, but that's just me.

Posted by: David T | May 30, 2008 8:19:27 AM

12. Separating Penn and Chace from sexy is like a Sophie's Choice.

Posted by: Insideguy | Jun 1, 2008 6:22:30 PM