Bob Barr | Gay Marriage | John McCain | Martin Luther King, Jr. | News | Towleroad Guide to the Tube

BigGayDeal.com

Towleroad Guide to the Tube #297

BOB BARR: The Libertarian candidate pledges to repeal DOMA.

THE REAL SON: A short film by Lucas Grabeel.

PHIL GRAMM: Gramm was advising McCain while lobbying Congress about the mortgage crisis.

IT'S A GIRL: Martin Luther King, Jr's first grandchild born in Atlanta.

Check out our previous guides to the Tube here.

Comments

1. Thanks for posting the Bab Barr clip. Libertarians are definitely overlooked and are more for the rights of gay Americans than any other party.

Posted by: John | May 28, 2008 5:15:18 PM

2. Supposedly Barr can pull enough votes in Georgia (where he was their rep), Colorado, and Arizona of all places (supposedly Arizona has a ton of libertarian minded repubs) to make all 3 competitive. WOW!! Loving Barr for his upset ability

Posted by: Jimmyboyo | May 28, 2008 5:27:40 PM

3. The short film was boring - I stopped half way through. Why exactly is it up here where there are usually interesting and entertaining clips?

Posted by: Daniel | May 28, 2008 5:43:41 PM

4. I agree with Daniel. I watched the short waiting for a reason to have spent 7 minutes of my life watching it. The kid just pissed me off!
    Normally, Andy, I trust that you've chosen worthwhile (entertaining, informative) video to post. And Lucas Grabeel isn't even the director or writer...just one of the actors. Did you put it up there because you think he's cute?

Posted by: John | May 28, 2008 5:50:33 PM

5. Give me a break. Bo(ob) Bar for gay rights. Anyone that believes that is daydreaming.

DON'T TRUST BARR!!!!

He is a republican ringer trying to syphon off votes from the Democrats for the Republicans. Check our his past legislative record and you will see his true colors.

Barr no more believes in gay marriage and the rights of gay people than he does in the tooth fairy.

Posted by: westcoastkid | May 28, 2008 6:06:16 PM

6. Apologies are a dime a dozen. I don't believe for a minute that the man who helped to fashion DOMA has suddenly seen the light. Actions speak louder than words.

Posted by: Taylor | May 28, 2008 6:06:22 PM

7. Apologies are a dime a dozen. I don't believe for a minute that the man who helped to fashion DOMA has suddenly seen the light. Actions speak louder than words.

Posted by: Taylor | May 28, 2008 6:07:07 PM

8. Barr is a nut and has no chance of winning. I am just happy that he no longer represents me. Just like others, "I will vote for gay rights", get elected and then do something else and we will forgive them! A joke, him and those that believe him.

Posted by: RB | May 28, 2008 9:04:54 PM

9. RB

For me it isn't about Barr winning or not winning.

It is all about him pulling libertarian repub votes from mccain and making thoroughly once red states nice and blue. At least Georgia will see a lot of repub
    votes move from mccain to Barr making it competitive for dems. As I mentioned earlier, Arizona is populated by a more libertarian sort of repub who might not like mccain's embrace of all things bush.

Bill Clinton won his first term more thanks to perot snagging votes from papa bush than for being overwhelmingly supported over papa bush.

Posted by: Jimmyboyo | May 28, 2008 10:25:37 PM