John McCain | News | Pets | Towleroad Guide to the Tube | weather

BigGayDeal.com

Towleroad Guide to the Tube #287

CINDY MCCAIN: Because she's "not the candidate" she refuses to release her income tax returns...ever.

TWISTER: Recent footage from a tornado that whipped through Leighton, Alabama.

DOGGIE HERO: Woof!

IF I WAS A TERRORIST: A new video from James Pence.

Check out our previous guides to the Tube here.

Comments

1. Mrs McCain is more Republican than he is. A real "let them eat cake" kinda' gal. Move over Nancy Reagan...well, hopefully this blond bombshell will never make it the White House.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | May 9, 2008 3:39:57 PM

2. You mean Americans deserve privacy???????!!!!!!!

Posted by: LD | May 9, 2008 3:56:06 PM

3. Who is Hagee blaming that tornado on?

Posted by: MikeinSanJose | May 9, 2008 3:58:46 PM

4. I *love* the fact that the video footage of that tornado was captured by the security camera at S & M Equipment Company. Their employees must've been busy making handcuffs, floggers, paddles and ball stretchers while the tornado was raging outside. ROFLMAO!

Posted by: peterparker | May 9, 2008 4:16:40 PM

5. Mrs. McCain isn't required to list her personal holding's or income. Just as Teresa Hienz Kerry didn't have to and refused to do so.
    Both women did have to list an approx. of their holdings for their husbands Senate disclosure forms each year.
    Clinton is keeping her mouth shut, because she and Bill don't want to have to tell the details of where he made all of that **speech** money.

Posted by: Joshua | May 9, 2008 4:52:12 PM

6. Am I the only gay man that believes Cindy McCain has a right to her privacy, does not believe she should release her returns, and is actually planning on voting for her husband?

Posted by: Sam | May 9, 2008 4:54:48 PM

7. Running for public office removes ones right to privacy.

Being the spouse of a candidate does the same. She wants to live in OUR white house. The TAX PAYER's white house.

Either release the returns or divorce your husband and retire to private life. (I also hold any dem to this same standard)

Posted by: Jimmyboyo | May 9, 2008 5:01:54 PM

8. No SAM, we're ALL voting for John McCain. You're not alone. Feel better?

Posted by: John in Manhattan | May 9, 2008 5:12:50 PM

9. No, SAM, those other retards, the Log Cabin Republicans, also think it is fine for Cindy McCain to withhold records of her tax returns and they also plan to vote for her husband. (It's time for you to turn in your gay card, SAM.)

Posted by: peterparker | May 9, 2008 5:47:58 PM

10. Cindy McCain brings new dimensions to the StepfordWives. I love when the family values canidate cheat on his wife and married a rich bitch. God bless America.

Posted by: patrick nyc | May 9, 2008 7:03:59 PM

11. Almost forgot my favorite Cindy fun fact, stole drugs, like she could not afford them or have her maid buy them like Rush did, from a Charity she ran. Again, bitch. Even a desperate Drag Queen would not stoop that low.

Posted by: patrick nyc | May 9, 2008 7:07:38 PM

12. No CANDIDATE is required to release his or her tax records. Many (all?) candidates do because of the pressure for disclosure from the media (and, to a certain extent, the public.) But they all have the right to keep that material to themselves, if they want to.

So, it seems a little harsh to suggest that Cindy McCain is being unreasonable in holding onto her private information, when she's not running for office and has always filed returns separate from her husband.

Sure, the fact that McCain's wife is filthy rich and able to lend him the family plane for campaigning may influence what you think about his commitment to ethics in government or his ability to be a good President, but there's no reason she has to tell you more than what the Senate disclosure rules provide for.

I think there are a lot more substantive reasons to vote against McCain than the fact that his wife won't tell the world exactly how rich she is.

Posted by: Buster | May 9, 2008 7:37:00 PM

13. Yeah, how dare anyone think for himself and be a Republican? The only issues in the world that matter are the ones that center around gay people, therefore you must vote Democratic because all Democrats are completely gay-friendly. Otherwise we'll ridicule and shun you just as we complain about the Republicans doing to us. It's only wrong when it happens to us, btw.

Posted by: Paul | May 9, 2008 10:26:24 PM

14. I'm not sure that "thinking" and Republicans occupy the same dimension of existence.

Posted by: D.R.H. | May 9, 2008 10:45:46 PM

15. Patrick,
    You said exactly what I was thinking.
    Cindy McCain is not even human, but a Stepford wife (look at those scary eyes).

She was on "The View" co-hosting a week or so ago, and I could tell what a bitch she really must be, although the girls were sweet as pie to her (face).

She's definitely hiding something if she won't release them. There's some skeletons there or dirty dealings or some shady shit, though she couldn't be any worse than Nancy Reagan was, who thought she was the Queen.

Posted by: Chad | May 9, 2008 11:38:08 PM

16. Teresa Heinz Kerry did release the first two pages of her tax returns. It is a stretch to claim that Cindy is doing the same thing.

Paul, I, for one, don't object to you being gay and a Republican. I don't have much respect for the political opinions of straight Republicans, either. All members of the GOP are voting to put the desires of the wealthiest and most powerful Americans above the needs of the other 97% of the population.

This was not true thirty years ago, when the party was not governed by extremists. Because of that, I do not ridicule Republicans who formed their political opinions before 1980 or who inherited their political opinions from parents who were part of the party's checkered but sane past. Anyone else is either selfish or deluded.

That is not to say that only those on the right can be selfish and deluded. I know many Republicans (some of them gay) who are much more generous and clear-headed than I am. I'm kind of a jerk.

But I don't think you have to be a jerk to realize today that Cindy McCain is going to become a significant liability to her husband's chances of being elected, especially if she is contrasted to Michelle Obama. Michelle can be stiff and makes rookie mistakes, but those rough elements make me believe even more in her genuine intelligence and decency. I think she has shown tremendous class thus far, and I think she has the potential to be the most effective first lady since Eleanor Roosevelt.

Seriously.

Sorry, Hillary.

Posted by: Landon Bryce | May 10, 2008 12:16:41 AM

17. Landon bryce

A huge factor in repub votes and I would argue especialy log cabinite votes is race issues.

Not tax breaks, since most don't come anywhere close to qualifying for even a reasonable amount of a tax break.

It has to do with keeping Jews and brown people in their place.

Why else vote against ones own economic intrest? Why vote against ones own sexual freedom?

Only the top 1% (260,000,000-300,000,000 americans at 1% = 2.6 mil - 3 mil at best) experience even a slight bit of the tax breaks. The majority of the tax breaks aren't even for individuals but rather corporations like Exxon Mobil that is declaring multi billion dollar profits yet still getting a tax break.

I don't think any of us should allow the log cabinites off the hook with the "tax break" BS. Call them out on the truth. The reason they vote against their own sexual freedom is because of their racism.

Anecdotal evidence = I have never met a log cabinite face to face who did not use racialy derogatory words like K@ke, N@gger, Sp@K, Ch@nk, etc. NEVER. Like I said, hearsay and anecdotal, but the reality of why log cabinites exist.

Posted by: Jimmyboyo | May 10, 2008 8:50:36 AM

18. I'm actually not a Republican, I'm an Independant. I just know that it's wrong to ridicule people for their choices, particularly when it's not known how or why they made them. There are more issues than those pertaining to sexuality, race and taxes. And anecdotally, most of the people I know are Democrats and most of them use those same words the last poster listed.

Posted by: Paul | May 10, 2008 1:22:47 PM

19. I'm not saying anything new, but by voting for Obama, we get the best chance at a decent set of gay rights yet. Once (I hope) we get a review and change to a lot of the laws that have stymied the love (and all related areas) of 10% of the population (love and family being the central issue of life, which straight folk don't need to vote for), then we can move on to other important stuff, and gays can vote for as many hypocritical immoral Republicans, Dems or Ind's as they like.

Posted by: PAULDUDE | May 11, 2008 5:58:13 AM