Ready for a Virtual Brawl at Stonewall?

Stonewallbrawl

A flash game based on the 1969 Stonewall riots is to be released on June 22 to coincide with Gay Pride celebrations in New York. It’s designed by Eric Orner (The Mostly Unfabulous Social Life of Ethan Green) and Jay Laird of Metaversal Studios.

According to Gay Gamer, “The gameplay hearkens back to the old side scrolling brawlers like Streets of Rage and Ninja Gaiden…Orner and Laird hope that the launch of the game will educate younger LGBT folks on the events that led to the whole reason we are able to celebrate Gay Pride today.”

Comments

1. wetcnt says

Why is the gay character a white, preppy male? Shouldn’t it be a drag queen, butch lesbian, or person of color? That’s who fought the fight at Stonewall.

2. Jimmyboyo says

WEYCNT

exactly

The white yuppies said “don’t rock the boat”

It was the fabulous black drag queens that led the charge of the rainbow brigade

3. AG says

There appears to be a rainbow “powerup” bar underneath the health bar.

What fabulosity might be unleashed when the bar is full?!? The mind reels!

4. Jimmyboyo says

Ruddigore

Do you have a date on the pic?

The first night is the offial stonewall begining it went on into the next day when people from all over flocked to the area

5. crispy says

Jimmyboyo,
    I believe that photo was taken by legendary Village Voice photographer Fred McDarrah on June 29, 1969… so two nights after the riots began.

6. Jimmyboyo says

Thanks crispy

Personaly I think we should focus on the 1st night to figure who was did what.

I really want to know why 13 arests resulted in only mug shot. Did the police not want to condone drag by mug shooting drag queens??? Hmmm

7. Marco says

Offensive is too strong a word, but this kinda irks me. It’s an important moment and this game kinda makes it a joke.

I dunno. Maybe I’ve taken too many serious pills today.