Barack Obama | John Hagee | Madonna | News | Towleroad Guide to the Tube

Towleroad Guide to the Tube #299

BARACK OBAMA: Quits Trinity United Church of Christ.

BRITAIN'S GOT TALENT: Here's the winner. The young man who was bullied for his singing, Andrew Johnston, whom I posted about earlier this year, came in third.

GIVE IT 2 ME: Madonna's latest video. (via mossip)

JOHN HAGEE: The latest gem from pastor Hagee dug up by the HuffPost's Max Blumenthal. The anti-Christ, "a 'fierce' gay Jew, according to Hagee, would 'slaughter one-third of the Earth's population' and 'make Adolph Hitler look like a choirboy.'"

Check out our previous guides to the Tube here.

Comments

1. LOL

According to Hagee, I could be anti-christ.

Me
    - Gay
    - part Jewish...Well, Jewish genes along my maternal paternal line
    - some german as well

BOW down before me one and all and worship me!

Anyway; Rev Wright- if I was African American I would be pissed off to about a lot of things in America as well, The crazy white Priest- hyperbolic melodramatic shim sahm sanke oil man who in the least went overboard with poor taste with his words

McCain's Hagee is just down right CRAZY loony tunes

Posted by: Jimmyboyo | Jun 2, 2008 3:46:21 PM

2. A fierce gay jew? You mean David Geffen is the Anti-Christ?

Posted by: ThatGuy | Jun 2, 2008 3:54:30 PM

3. So "Give It 2 Me" is Madonna's new single? I like that track until she starts saying "Get stupid... get stupid... get stupid."

She certainly succeeded in that!

Posted by: crispy | Jun 2, 2008 4:18:55 PM

4. I love Madonna (and that song), but that video is just boring. She's out of tricks.

And, hey, if you don't get tickets to see her this fall, she's contractually committed to at least three more major tours in the next ten years. Sad.

Posted by: gross | Jun 2, 2008 4:21:13 PM

5. Question...is Pharrell gay? That purple bag he drags around in the video is his. And it's Hermes. It's said he doesn't leave the house without it. I've never paid much attention to his sexual preference, but that seems kind of obvious.

Posted by: Steve N | Jun 2, 2008 4:24:01 PM

6. Damn, I wish you could win a presidential election on good looks. But then the Republicans might get Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson to run against him. I'd be torn.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Jun 2, 2008 4:24:10 PM

7. How is having a Hermes bag proof of sexual orientation? The video is inspired in that it's clearly a "look at how hot I am at 49" vanity piece. She succeeded.

Anyway, I love the song, but hate the "get stupid" part.

Posted by: michael | Jun 2, 2008 4:41:23 PM

8. When I first watched the piece on Hagee I had to lol.

How anyone, I repeat anyone, could listen to this idiot with any sort of belief, resepect and sincerity . . .

Fierce!!!!!

Posted by: namewithheld | Jun 2, 2008 5:03:56 PM

9. It gets crazier

Hagee claimed that his deity supposedly tricked Jews in florida to vote for Bush.

Uhm, I thought many old retired Jews accidently voted Buchanan because of the messed up set up on the ballot and their being OLD

Anyway

Posted by: Jimmyboyo | Jun 2, 2008 5:30:06 PM

10. DAMN

McCain's proposed sec of defense would NOT recgonize Israel

Uh Oh

Posted by: Jimmyboyo | Jun 2, 2008 5:37:00 PM

11. OMG. You guys are good.

(Get stupid! Get stupid! Get stupid! Don't stop me!)

It works for me.

(To the left, left, right, right, left, left, right, rightleftleftrightrightleftleftrightright!DON'T STOPMENOW don't need to catch my breath... i can go on and on and on! GIVEITTOME!!! Yeah!)

I love the fun (and stupid) Madonna. Lighten up people.

(Yay! 17th row tickets! Woot!)

Posted by: Brooks | Jun 2, 2008 5:43:27 PM

12. After reading Brooks comments, I just had to watch the Madonna video...LOL

I don't have a particular problem with her - so I don't get all sharpened-attacks she often receives - but I do find her continued career to be a bit...sad. Especially since she's got a voice/body that's perfect for the whole mainstream-pop-star persona thing (which I find sad anyway), but her camp's just not creative enough to make anything work.

[or am I mistaken? Does she !really?! still sell????]

Posted by: OH, MODONNA | Jun 2, 2008 6:11:19 PM

13. I was going to call out Marc Jacobs as the A.C. but THATGUY (obviously working for Jacobs) has already named David Geffen. Hey, is Reichen Jewish?

Posted by: paul | Jun 2, 2008 7:22:52 PM