Alabama | News | Republican Party | Troy King

Alabama A.G. Troy King Preparing to Resign Over Gay Sex Scandal?

A spokesman for the Alabama Governor's office has denied that Alabama Attorney General Troy King is preparing to resign as rumors swirl of an explosive scandal involving King, his wife, and a male aide:

Troyking"The word is, according to multiple sources in Montgomery and elsewhere, that King was recently caught by his wife in a gay affair with a male aide and banished from his home. According to Tara Hutchison in the executive office of the governor they have heard of no plans in the works for King’s resignation. She said she had not heard that he had been kicked out of his home because of a gay affair. Governor Bob Riley’s press office had refused to return multiple phone calls from this independent press outlet even though some sources accuse Riley of perpetrating the leak. The attorney general’s press office also declined to return phone calls seeking comment."

King is apparently a big homophobe who called homosexuality "the downfall of society" in a 1992 editorial in the U. of Alabama's Crimson White. No details as of his anti-gay efforts since then but it's not likely he changed. More on his positions at the end of this post.

Left in Alabama writes: "I'm almost sorry to see him go -- Troy was like a caricature of the Republican party. Never met a death sentence he didn't like, against sexual gratification, publicity hound, etc. ... life as an Alabama blogger will be harder without Troy King."

Rumors Swirl On Possible Alabama AG Troy King Gay Sex Scandal, Possible Resignation [fishbowl america]
Alabama Attorney General Troy King Prepares to Resign? [locust fork journal]
Attorney General Troy King Resigns? [left in alabama]
If I'd a knowed that I'd a sent Troy King a Blow-Up Boar Hawg [loretta nall]
(via wonkette)

Comments

1. gayface for days -- check out the pix at

doesn't his wife look like your average fag hag?

Posted by: the queen | Jul 10, 2008 7:10:56 PM

2. "The downfall of society"?

ROTFALMAO!!!!!!!!!

Schadenfreude -- It's What's For Dinner.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Jul 10, 2008 7:13:24 PM

3. The Queen and David captured my thoughts exactly.

Posted by: Will | Jul 10, 2008 7:22:09 PM

4. HA HA

i always love these stories,

boy marries girl
    boy becomes homophobe
    boy is caught with his pants down with another boy.

LOVE IT

Posted by: johnosahon | Jul 10, 2008 7:23:51 PM

5. Yet another story from hypocrisy heaven

Posted by: carter | Jul 10, 2008 7:58:44 PM

6. Republican, can't they all just disappear?

Seriously, gay Republicans, both open and closeted, are either, with rare exception, parasites or villains of the worst sort. Openly gay ones are all too happy to take advantage of the gay rights laws progressives fought for but complain about how horrible those same liberals are.

Wasn't one of the worst gay Republican hatchet men, Finkelstein, responsible for racist and vile campaign work for Jesse Helms? But as soon as marriage became legal, Finkelfiend and his lover got hitched.

Posted by: rafe | Jul 10, 2008 7:59:58 PM

7. This trend of "religious conservative Republican asshole caught in male sex scandal" would be laughable if it weren't so sad.

I can only hope some good somehow comes from all of it...

Posted by: Aman Chaudhary | Jul 10, 2008 8:20:57 PM

8. Ahhhhhhhhh! He looks like the doll leaning up against my grandmother's davenport. Yes, I said davenport.

Posted by: Chino | Jul 10, 2008 8:44:50 PM

9. Hell

Political and religous homophobia is becoming a joke amongst straights. They now get it that it = CLOSETED

Th next to fall is actual physicaly violent homophobia. Speed the day for its demise

Posted by: Jimmyboyo | Jul 10, 2008 9:43:59 PM

10. He looks like Pee Wee's gay evil twin.

Posted by: soulbrotha | Jul 11, 2008 1:44:09 AM

11. Hey, he looks kinda familiar, like I might have slept with him when I lived in Mgm. Anyone have a pic of his weiner so I can be sure?

Posted by: Shane | Jul 11, 2008 7:36:29 AM

12. He kinda looks like the Lesbian now known as "Bruce Jenner".....seriously tho - this guy suffers from GAY-FACE!

Posted by: Disgusted American | Jul 11, 2008 8:34:17 AM

13. Everyone in Montgomery's bars is saying he is a powerbottom.

Posted by: Montgomerym4m | Jul 11, 2008 8:37:46 AM

14. Jeez, get a load of the wife, he is obviously gay. Would a straight guy hit that?

Posted by: davefromtampa | Jul 11, 2008 8:56:27 AM

15. Rafe, not ALL gay republicans are the same. At least you stated all with "rare exception..."!

If you take away the stigma to being gay this will not happen. Gay men will not marry women when gays are treated as equals. I should know...but now I have seen the light. However, I may be gay but not a dem. Sorry Rafe. I may came out of the closet but I didn't leave my brain/beliefs behind.

Posted by: RB | Jul 11, 2008 9:00:08 AM

16. No, just your integrity.

Posted by: crispy | Jul 11, 2008 9:16:46 AM

17. Crispy, dare to elaborate or just cut and run? I find it hard to judge one's integrity when I do not know anything about them. You however, along with many, find it easy to "judge". And I thought I was coming out to a society that was "open to all". Apparently I was mistaken.

Take care

Posted by: RB | Jul 11, 2008 9:28:58 AM

18. Another day, another gay republican sex scandal. How can anybody keep up? Are there any heterosexual Republicans left?

Posted by: sam | Jul 11, 2008 10:23:38 AM

19. Are you sure his "wife" isn't Edna Turnblad?: )

Posted by: KRH | Jul 11, 2008 10:31:18 AM

20. That there is some very. gay. face.

Posted by: medaka | Jul 11, 2008 10:52:41 AM

21. Having visited Montgomery for an extended period, I found it to be very much the Old South Bible Belt culture - and conversely, one of the easiest places to get laid on manhunt.net.

Not surprising; homophobia and horny, closeted gay guys go hand in hand.

Posted by: MAC | Jul 11, 2008 10:56:40 AM

22. "I can't forget glamour, we kissed in a field of white
    Then stars fell on Alabama last night..."

If George Wallace was still alive, wonder what would he think? He'd had a change of heart, you know. That's what a gun shot wound can do to some right-wingers.

"My heart beat hammer, my arms wound around you tight

And stars fell on Alabama...last night"

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Jul 11, 2008 11:08:59 AM

23. RB,

Gotta agree with some others that to be gay and republican is a no-brainer, as in: it indicates no brain. Why support a political party that actively advocates for criminalization of your orientation, or acts, or wants to ban you from equal access and protection under the law?

Seems like the core duty of government is defense of your person, your family, and your community (neighborhood, state, country). That starts with personal rights, our little friend called liberty. It is, of course, important to also treat other issues, such as fiscal or environmental. But only AFTER basic defense is covered.

As for the evils of judgment, it is wonderful you have come out, a consequence of which is that your former wife is now free to find a more suitable partner for herself... as are you ;-) But don't confuse coming out with freedom from accountability. You're joining a community that is open to all, including open to criticism and examination. Look on the bright side: it may feel like an attack, but at least now you can fight about something in the open, from an honest and genuine position ;-)

And closeted politicians? Or the burdens of living under a stigma? Boo hoo. As if no ones been dealing with this for years. LOL

Posted by: Jano | Jul 11, 2008 11:46:40 AM

24. Ah, Derrick, I think I love ya!

That was simply brilliant.

Posted by: banjiboi | Jul 11, 2008 12:46:49 PM

25. You can't make this stuff up! Isn't he the guy who argued and won before the state's Supreme Court that "sex toys" should be illegal?

Posted by: mike | Jul 11, 2008 1:10:19 PM