Alabama A.G. Troy King Preparing to Resign Over Gay Sex Scandal?

A spokesman for the Alabama Governor’s office has denied that Alabama Attorney General Troy King is preparing to resign as rumors swirl of an explosive scandal involving King, his wife, and a male aide:

Troyking“The word is, according to multiple sources in Montgomery and elsewhere, that King was recently caught by his wife in a gay affair with a male aide and banished from his home. According to Tara Hutchison in the executive office of the governor they have heard of no plans in the works for King’s resignation. She said she had not heard that he had been kicked out of his home because of a gay affair. Governor Bob Riley’s press office had refused to return multiple phone calls from this independent press outlet even though some sources accuse Riley of perpetrating the leak. The attorney general’s press office also declined to return phone calls seeking comment.”

King is apparently a big homophobe who called homosexuality “the downfall of society” in a 1992 editorial in the U. of Alabama’s Crimson White. No details as of his anti-gay efforts since then but it’s not likely he changed. More on his positions at the end of this post.

Left in Alabama writes: “I’m almost sorry to see him go — Troy was like a caricature of the Republican party. Never met a death sentence he didn’t like, against sexual gratification, publicity hound, etc. … life as an Alabama blogger will be harder without Troy King.”

Rumors Swirl On Possible Alabama AG Troy King Gay Sex Scandal, Possible Resignation [fishbowl america]
Alabama Attorney General Troy King Prepares to Resign? [locust fork journal]
Attorney General Troy King Resigns? [left in alabama]
If I’d a knowed that I’d a sent Troy King a Blow-Up Boar Hawg [loretta nall]
(via wonkette)

Comments

1. rafe says

Republican, can’t they all just disappear?

Seriously, gay Republicans, both open and closeted, are either, with rare exception, parasites or villains of the worst sort. Openly gay ones are all too happy to take advantage of the gay rights laws progressives fought for but complain about how horrible those same liberals are.

Wasn’t one of the worst gay Republican hatchet men, Finkelstein, responsible for racist and vile campaign work for Jesse Helms? But as soon as marriage became legal, Finkelfiend and his lover got hitched.

2. Jimmyboyo says

Hell

Political and religous homophobia is becoming a joke amongst straights. They now get it that it = CLOSETED

Th next to fall is actual physicaly violent homophobia. Speed the day for its demise

3. RB says

Rafe, not ALL gay republicans are the same. At least you stated all with “rare exception…”!

If you take away the stigma to being gay this will not happen. Gay men will not marry women when gays are treated as equals. I should know…but now I have seen the light. However, I may be gay but not a dem. Sorry Rafe. I may came out of the closet but I didn’t leave my brain/beliefs behind.

4. RB says

Crispy, dare to elaborate or just cut and run? I find it hard to judge one’s integrity when I do not know anything about them. You however, along with many, find it easy to “judge”. And I thought I was coming out to a society that was “open to all”. Apparently I was mistaken.

Take care

5. MAC says

Having visited Montgomery for an extended period, I found it to be very much the Old South Bible Belt culture – and conversely, one of the easiest places to get laid on manhunt.net.

Not surprising; homophobia and horny, closeted gay guys go hand in hand.

6. Derrick from Philly says

“I can’t forget glamour, we kissed in a field of white
    Then stars fell on Alabama last night…”

If George Wallace was still alive, wonder what would he think? He’d had a change of heart, you know. That’s what a gun shot wound can do to some right-wingers.

“My heart beat hammer, my arms wound around you tight

And stars fell on Alabama…last night”

7. Jano says

RB,

Gotta agree with some others that to be gay and republican is a no-brainer, as in: it indicates no brain. Why support a political party that actively advocates for criminalization of your orientation, or acts, or wants to ban you from equal access and protection under the law?

Seems like the core duty of government is defense of your person, your family, and your community (neighborhood, state, country). That starts with personal rights, our little friend called liberty. It is, of course, important to also treat other issues, such as fiscal or environmental. But only AFTER basic defense is covered.

As for the evils of judgment, it is wonderful you have come out, a consequence of which is that your former wife is now free to find a more suitable partner for herself… as are you 😉 But don’t confuse coming out with freedom from accountability. You’re joining a community that is open to all, including open to criticism and examination. Look on the bright side: it may feel like an attack, but at least now you can fight about something in the open, from an honest and genuine position 😉

And closeted politicians? Or the burdens of living under a stigma? Boo hoo. As if no ones been dealing with this for years. LOL

8. mike says

You can’t make this stuff up! Isn’t he the guy who argued and won before the state’s Supreme Court that “sex toys” should be illegal?

9. mike says

10. says

Again and again and again…I should start a web site called repubocrites.com just t keeptrack of them all as they go by…lol…I ought to Google that to see if it’s actually been done yet.

I’m going to look for more Republicans on Adam 4 Adam!

11. Fin De Fichier says

AT THIS POINT…I think London bookies could start taking bets on how many more republican sex scandals there will be before the election!

12. JeffRob says

Yeah, so, apparently this guy, Troy King, was having an affair with a kid that was formerly the Homecoming King of Troy High School, or in other words, Troy’s King.

How weird is that?

13. Fast Eddie says

As a straight Republican, I agree with most straight Republicans, and I say Troy King must resign! Not because he is gay, (who cares!) because he is an incompentent moron that should be disbarred!

14. says