Brent Rinehart | Comic Books | News | Oklahoma

Oklahoma Politico Preparing Anti-Gay Comic Book for Voters

Oklahoma County Commissioner Brent Rinehart is reportedly preparing to mail out a homophobic comic book to voters featuring stories about how gays and Satan are out to get him, the Oklahoman reports:

Rinehart"The 16-page comic book makes fun of homosexuals and criticizes Rinehart's political opponents. It features a man and woman admiring Rinehart's often-controversial political career."

Said Keith Gaddie, a political science professor at the University of Oklahoma: "This is one of the strangest things I've ever seen. I've never seen a comic book with the phrase ‘anal sodomy' in it before. That was a new one for me.”

An angel and Satan, as well as "toga-wearing gays, political figures, and trench coat-clad henchmen" figure among the comic book's characters in the odd re-election campaign propaganda:

"In one sequence, Satan says: 'If I can get the kids to believe homosexuality is normal!' The angel replies: 'Hey Satan, not with Brent around you won't!' Rinehart said he doesn't think the depiction is inappropriate and that he is proud of the comic. 'The history of my office is that I do expose the homosexual agenda, and that it does exist in the state of Oklahoma, and my history also would show that I am very much opposed to the homosexual agenda,' Rinehart said. Rinehart said he spent two months writing the comic. He said his friend Shane Suiters did the illustrations. Rinehart wouldn't say who is managing his campaign, and wouldn't say if he's running it himself."

Maybe Sally Kern is running it!

Comments

1. i think the homosexual agenda is funny. but, then again, i also worship myra breckinridge.

Posted by: ian | Jul 17, 2008 1:21:37 PM

2. What are the chances that this freak of nature is from the genus Homofundamentalis and species closetitus

Posted by: Zeke | Jul 17, 2008 1:24:03 PM

3. The people of Oklahoma County shouldn't let their pubescent sons anywhere near this blushing pedophile.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Jul 17, 2008 1:27:31 PM

4. Keith Gaddie was easily one of my favorite professors in undergrad at the Univ. of Oklahoma! I'd love to hear his full take on this craziness...

Posted by: Dignan | Jul 17, 2008 1:33:24 PM

5. mr. rinehart has also been under investigation for illegal campaign contributions and other abuses.

Posted by: alguien | Jul 17, 2008 1:35:14 PM

6. How many days until this guy is caught in a 'wide stance'?

Let the counting commence!

Posted by: zinc alloy | Jul 17, 2008 1:43:17 PM

7. Ha! This isn't even an original idea. He's swiping a (comic) page from the infamous wingnut, Jack Chick: http://www.chick.com/catalog/tractlist.asp

Talk about appealing to the lowest common denominator...

Posted by: ichabod | Jul 17, 2008 1:45:13 PM

8. I suppose its a good sign that the anti-gay right is reduced to printing "anal sodomy" comics to make their point.

Posted by: John in Manhattan | Jul 17, 2008 1:45:25 PM

9. I'd like to take that pink faced prick and school him on anal sodomy.

Posted by: Maverick69 | Jul 17, 2008 1:54:09 PM

10. The hard way with a bat.

Posted by: Maverick69 | Jul 17, 2008 1:56:32 PM

11. WTF???????????

Posted by: JR | Jul 17, 2008 2:03:17 PM

12. If the Oklahoma taxpayers don't raise a huge stink about this waste of their money, they are fools.

Posted by: soulbrotha | Jul 17, 2008 2:04:45 PM

13. Ha - the word asshat comes to mind.

re: Zinc Alloy. Absolutely. It's just a matter of whether that wide stance happens in an airport bathroom or the backyard of an abandoned home.

Posted by: Ben | Jul 17, 2008 2:05:14 PM

14. Bitch needs to lay off the Meth and she will no longer feel that Satan or anything else may be chasing her(him?)Big Moe

Posted by: Richard S | Jul 17, 2008 2:05:17 PM

15. Is he trying to get a job on South Park? As we all know, the only two things that come from Oklahoma are steers and queers.

Posted by: anon | Jul 17, 2008 2:05:29 PM

16. I wish I knew WHAT the agenda was! It would make my life so much easier, especially when picking out a toga.

Posted by: johnh | Jul 17, 2008 2:06:39 PM

17. The funny thing is that even the straights in Oklahoma now get the whole "he doth protest too much"

I expect it to backfire and all the conservatives he is appealing to to start gigeling, pointig fingers at him, and whispering about closets

Posted by: Jimmyboyo | Jul 17, 2008 2:08:41 PM

18. thanks for the memory ichadbod, i was trying to remember who put out those hilarious bible tracts... i've read quite a number of them and they are a hoot ... the one on sodom and g. is just too much...

Posted by: the queen | Jul 17, 2008 2:20:34 PM

19. I agree with zinc, tic-toc.

Posted by: Tintin Malfoy | Jul 17, 2008 2:24:30 PM

20. It took this moronic troll two month to create sixteen pages of twisted illustrations, this alone should show his inefficacy. Deviants like Brent Rinehart are simply not fit for public office.

Posted by: Rafael | Jul 17, 2008 2:25:13 PM

21. Oh yeah. That face screams, "Cocksuckah!"

Posted by: 24play | Jul 17, 2008 2:39:22 PM

22. I heard the bogeyman was out to get him too... please don't forget the bogeyman...

Posted by: Eric | Jul 17, 2008 2:46:41 PM

23. As long as they don't find out that the Gay Agenda is the Bible written backwards we're safe.

Posted by: 1♥ | Jul 17, 2008 3:28:41 PM

24. BoingBoing has scans of a couple of pages, misspelled words and all, and a link to a full scan of it:

Posted by: like | Jul 17, 2008 3:40:40 PM

25. He should have contracted with my son for the artwork. The quality would have been MUCH better.

The artwork in this tool's comic is so bad, its almost an insult to think he's using this crap against us.

Oh, for a WORTHY foe!