Comments

1. Eric says

I saw two concerts this summer- one was George Michael 25 year Tour, he was amazing! Great to see him doing well. The other one was the comeback of this year! Cyndi Lauper- wow..the woman can sing!! Her new album is highly HIGHLY recommended.

2. Bading says

let’s face it, what gay man hasn’t cruised a t-room? or had one toke too many? and anyone brave enuff to buy damien hirst’s ‘saint sebastian’ for his personal art collection is a-ok in my book!!!

3. Bading says

4. rick says

I’ve never cruised a t-room, nor had even one toke, much less “one toke too many.” Still, I don’t really care if Michael or others do. I have to agree with Jacob, though. George has indeed become gross, strange and pitiful.

5. says

Listening to the interview, it’s actually rather insightful when he says:

“Cruising has gone on for as long as there have been men trying to hide their sexuality.”

He doesn’t generalize it to “gay men.” Another great quote was “God, you’re gonna get fat.” Great interview.

6. crispy says

I have never cruised a bathroom. And frankly, the only people I’ve ever heard use the term “t-room” were over the age of 60.

I have, however, had a toke or two… err, two thousand.

7. Sportin' Life says

“One More Try” is one of the greatest ballads in pop music–and very gay, without being explicitly gay at all. Beautiful, beautiful song.

8. E-Z says

Gawd I wanna bone Chris Cuomo.

As for George Michael, I’m not much of a pop fan, but I do give the guy credit for maturing as an artist, moving beyond the bubblegum fluff of his early career, and actually putting out some rather thoughtful, well-crafted music.

9. Weezy says

I once flirted with a guy in the men’s room at work. He got the robo-auto dispenser to spit out some paper towels for me. Does that count as cruising?

10. ScottM says

I am a gay 40-year old who grew up among Baptist hillbillies north of Asheville, NC. I had no idea what a T-room was until I was 30 and was told, never cruised, don’t get me started on my fully repressed young adulthood…but…George Michael’s music spoke to me from adolescence on, and as I came out and gradually understood the full meaning of the lyrics to “Freedom,” my appreciation of his accomplishments and survival skills has only grown. Please rock on, George, for all those who still need to find grace under pressure.