Big Brother | Film | Michelle Obama | News | Towleroad Guide to the Tube

BigGayDeal.com

Towleroad Guide to the Tube #321

MICHELLE OBAMA: Brave New Films exposes attacks on the Democratic candidate's wife.

BIG BROTHER: An interview with gay cowboy Steven Daigle. More here.

HOLDING TREVOR: The trailer for the new film with Brent Gorski and Jay Brannan.

CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE: Jarrah Gurrie's short is playing July 16 at Outfest in L.A.

Check out our previous guides to the Tube here.

Comments

1. Good luck to Steven, I will be rooting for him. Ride that bull!

Posted by: davefromtampa | Jul 9, 2008 3:49:51 PM

2. You mean...Fox News is comprised of a bunch of racist, sexist, homophobic, jingoistic, xenophobic assholes?! NOOOOOOO! lol...Well done, Brave New Films.

Center of the Universe looks like it could be promising, but that Trevor movie looks like the gay bastard child of Garden State and a Lifetime Movie of the Week. Loves my Jay Brannan, but even pretty baby can't save that one.

Posted by: Chas | Jul 9, 2008 3:54:33 PM

3. I'd like to vote Steven Daigle out of the house right now. According to the interview, he "hates politics." His friends have to tell him who's running because he purposely pays no attention to ANY candidate because "they're all dirty."

Well, sorry to knock you off your BULL, Stephanie, but your no doubt cute little city billy ass wouldn't even fucking be allowed on this slop fest if it weren't for the gay politicos and our nongay politico allies who've gone before and are still out there fighting for your right to be both out and a moron!

It never ceases to amaze me how people of all orientations can think they can live in some parallel universe in which if they ignore "politics" and all the vewy bad men [and women] who outnumber the decent ones that it won't affect them or those they love. And before the prissy Pollyannas protest, OF COURSE, he has a right to be a cypher, a pansy parasite feeding off of the rights and freedoms that those who aren't too stupid or cowardly to fight the good fight achieved for him.

And of ALL years since he's been alive for him to publicly admit to such imbecility, this one is tops. I don't think it's his shoulder he damaged but must have hit his head.

Triste. Quelle triste.

Posted by: Michael Bedwell | Jul 9, 2008 3:56:21 PM

4. Not everyone can be a "tireless curmudgeon," Bedwell.

Posted by: crispy | Jul 9, 2008 4:16:26 PM

5. MIKEY B,

Meh.

He's as dense and dumb as the rest of the winners they trot out on that shit show that I haven't watched in years.

He IS damned cute though. Cute but brainless.

Posted by: Chas | Jul 9, 2008 4:19:06 PM

6. Whoa Michael, some nobody says they hate politics on a TV show that is put on for entertainment purposes, and he is a cypher, pansy parasite, stupid, and cowardly?! Back on your meds dude, what a complete over-reaction and rush to judgement. I hate politics too, but I do appreciate those that have those gifts and fight the political battles so that I can benefit. My boyfriend hates computers...should he be banned to using the Internet??

Try this French - Douche bag.

Posted by: Ian | Jul 9, 2008 4:20:49 PM

7. Hey! You Crispy Critter, you... That was used as a term of endearment and respect for always articulating his stand. One may not always agree with MB, but there is never a doubt as to his POV.

I gotta say, though, his point about Mr. Dumbuckaroo is accurate. It IS just a tad stupefying the number of people who enjoy the fruits of others who actually do the political heavy lifting, then eschew "politics" with some callow, dismissive remark.

Though, I WOULD yee his haw...

K

Posted by: kile Ozier | Jul 9, 2008 4:29:42 PM

8. Wow... whenever I think Mr. Bedwell can't one-up himself in the jackass department, he finds a way.

Some people just don't care for politics. It's their right, even if I (or you) may not understand it.

Posted by: Dan | Jul 9, 2008 6:50:05 PM

9. One other thing... generally people who say "they're all crooks" or "I don't care for politics" are actually saying "I do care, but I realize how pointless it is to argue my views with clueless, hysterical partisans who have no sense of perspective."

I know subtlety has never been your strong suit, Mr. Bedwell, so I figured I'd spell it out for you.

Posted by: Dan | Jul 9, 2008 6:53:59 PM

10. I have to agree with Michael B. on this one. You may "care for politics" but since it cares for you, you'd better at least pay some attention. There are lots of things in life we have to deal with that we may not care for, but as an adult, you have a responsibility to do so. You don't have to be a raving politico like me or MB, but you should at least familiarize yourself with the basics of the races you are eligible to vote in.

When you don't participate, you let other people run your life. That's a pretty pathetic choice in my book.

As for the movies, I have to say that Holding Trevor looks better than Center of the Universe to me. CotU looks really self-indulgent from the trailer.

Posted by: David R. | Jul 9, 2008 6:58:09 PM

11. My second sentence should start: "You may NOT 'care for politics'..." Sorry.

Posted by: David R. | Jul 9, 2008 6:59:45 PM

12. Danielle, stop, stop!

You're

really

breaking

my

heart!

Let me spell it out for toit.

1. Not once but twice I acknowledged Stephanie's "right" to choose to be ignorant. So you're asserting he does is redundant at best.

2. It is just as equally my right to dish him for it [as it is YOUR'S, in turn, to dish me]. That's spelled f-r-e-e s-p-e-e-c-h.

3. If he'd said, "traffic rules are pointless; I never watch for traffic before crossing the street," or "safer sex guides are a pain and we're all going to die someday so I won't let a guy fuck me if he insists on wearing a condom" or "that label on the Clorox bottle is just put there by people trying to frighten us; watch while I pour it in my eyes"...would you then be so quick to defend him, or is your real agenda, as it is so transparently with Ms. Raisin, simply to dis me for anything I say?

4. You and Daigleberries might not like it but a "holy war" was declared upon the gay community some time ago. It's leaders have actually used the term. Andy reports daily on what's happening at the front, and our losses have not just been in terms of liberties but in actual lives, too, or would you two like to discuss the issue with Judy Shepard, et al.?

There are all kinds of acceptable ways to fight, but choosing not to fight in some way is known as cowardice, all the more despicable when one is frolicking behind the lines, as it were, enjoying the protections and privileges that come from the sacrifices of others, hence the term "parasite-an organism that grows, feeds, and is sheltered on or in a different organism while contributing nothing to the survival of."

He should spend less time playing cowgirl, abusing defenseless animals, and a little more time playing adult. If not, he should go back in the closet until he at least admits that he has some unpaid dues.

Posted by: Michael Bedwell | Jul 9, 2008 8:26:38 PM

13. Wow, I never knew Michelle Obama was so angry. That video really shows her true colors. Thanks Andy.

Posted by: john | Jul 9, 2008 8:50:48 PM

14. Yeah, Holding Trevor could be interesting, but I get a major "gay Garden State" vibe from it. It seems to have potential, so I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Posted by: Jude | Jul 9, 2008 11:27:04 PM

15. how did that trevor git the role?
    he is sposed to be cute???

Posted by: buddyho | Jul 9, 2008 11:45:09 PM

16. What do you mean? The guy playing Trevor is cute - really cute! He also wrote and directed it, so he's talented, too. It's an angsty little film, with a great ending. Check it out.

Posted by: Jesse Archer | Jul 10, 2008 10:04:37 AM