Couples | Fashion Men | News | Project Runway | Relationships

Project Runway Gay Romance Confirmed

Prromance_2

Earlier this week I posted about a possible Project Runway romance between two of this season's designers, Daniel and Wesley.

In an interview with Popwrap, Wesley confirmed the romance: "It started on the show but we were trying to hide it because we wanted to keep it very professional. We were both there for our careers and so we didn’t want that shown on the show. But it’s hard to avoid, you never know when you’re going to meet with someone you’re going to connect with...we tried to keep it suppressed at first, but it’s going really well. It’s hard to read stuff on the blogs, it kinda creates a stress on the relationship but I think it’s going very well."

The best to both of them.

Watch the interview, AFTER THE JUMP...

Project Runway's Wesley Confirms "We're Dating!" [popwrap]

Comments

1. Well, this woulda been interesting if Wesley wasn't (SPOILER!) auf'ed last night!

Posted by: crispy | Jul 24, 2008 12:01:20 PM

2. I wish them lots of happiness; however, I'm a little bit, shall we say, mystified as to who's the top.

Posted by: Dback | Jul 24, 2008 12:10:11 PM

3. aw, I don't watch the show, but they make a cute couple :)

*bes jealous*

Posted by: Alex | Jul 24, 2008 12:17:16 PM

4. Some gays don't regularly engage in anal sex, so the 'top' and 'bottom' straitjacket labels are not always germane. (And for those who do, I think 'versatile' is sort of in these days.)

Posted by: Leandro | Jul 24, 2008 12:31:58 PM

5. Sigh, the gays move fast. Wesley got voted off on Episode 2. So they were "trying to hide it" for what, three days?

Posted by: Brian | Jul 24, 2008 12:34:34 PM

6. I'm so excited about this, it's the highlight of my life. WHO THE HELL GIVES A SHIT. Does this mean we're going to read about every guy that ever has a relationship with another guy?

Posted by: SAM | Jul 24, 2008 1:11:27 PM

7. That's a whole lot of cuteness!

Posted by: sam (not the one above) | Jul 24, 2008 1:22:45 PM

8. That's a whole lot of cuteness!

Posted by: sam (not the one above) | Jul 24, 2008 1:25:10 PM

9. I think that referring to someone as a top or bottom is chauvinistic unless you are being politically incorrect, attempting to be funny. The use above is not witty.

Posted by: walker | Jul 24, 2008 1:32:48 PM

10. I was all "THEY CUT MY WESLEY!" last night. I was so heartbroken. BIG blow to the eye candy factor this season. And he seems so sweet, too...

RE: the top-bottom thing:

1)Being femme/sissified DOES NOT mean you can't be a top. The stereotype of the big butch top is so dated and holds little water in the real world.

2)Believe it or not, not everyone has anal sex. It's not a necessity, nor a requirement.

Posted by: Chas | Jul 24, 2008 1:48:46 PM

11. Walker

In the contex of gays who do not specify = yeah, I can agree with you

BUT there are a LOT!!!!!!!! of strict tops and strict bottoms. Then of course the TOPs break down to DOM TOPS, Sub TOPS, Kinky DOM tops, Kinky sub Tops, Vanilla DOM tops, Vanilla sub Tops

The majority of guys are versatile

Posted by: Jimmyboyo | Jul 24, 2008 1:51:23 PM

12. "The stereotype of the big butch top is so dated and holds little water in the real world."

You tellin' me, CHAS. I cry about it every night! (head bowed, and slow snappin' fingers close to the floor).

But I gonna' pray on it, honey.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Jul 24, 2008 1:57:02 PM

13. They're cute. I suppose I'd rather Wesley than Daniel, but I wouldn't kick him out of bed, either.

Posted by: Sam #3 | Jul 24, 2008 1:58:59 PM

14. DERRICK, you are a mess and I love you.

Posted by: Chas | Jul 24, 2008 2:01:41 PM

15. Since we're talking top/bottom, I think that whole dichtomy is a little screwy (pun intended!). I've met plenty of butch bottoms and I've met plenty of nellie tops. I have mostly identified as a bottom, because I'm short and small . . . but lo and behold, I've discovered that the minute I'm with someone closer to my height, I like being versatile! I wonder how many of us are forced into pigeonholing ourselves because of our height, dick size or nelliness?

i'm sure there are people who are strictly one way or another, but i think most of use are capable of being versatile.

Posted by: Alex | Jul 24, 2008 2:02:36 PM

16. Well, I am strictly a bottom because I like to catch up on my reading during sex, but I digress...

Wesley's dress was crap for sure, but it was Versace compared to that girl's Dress Barn monstrosity. I can't believe he was axed.

Does anyone else feel this year's talent pool is a little light on talent? I mean, Suede's winning design made me want to Clorox my eyeballs and the rest of the runway offered little ingenuity and excitement too boot.

Just sayin'.

Posted by: Marco | Jul 24, 2008 2:09:03 PM

17. As an older (40) gay...even in my 20's in NYC I was mystified by the stereotypes of "top" and "bottom" or "husband" and "wife" or calling "he's" "she's" and so forth. When I was 20 it all kind of upset me and made me feel pidgeon-holed. Years later, I have lightened up considerably. I think the whole butch/fem thing came along to speed up the "hooking up process". There used to be bars for any fetish or type you might enjoy at any particular moment. To take any of this too personally is really just silly. The internet has changed everything. Dating must be done with some kind of "PR blitz" or "campaign". I feel sorry for the lost art of "flirting" the hot as hell "come on". The rest is lost on me.

Posted by: ken | Jul 24, 2008 2:09:03 PM

18. Jimmyboyo, I heard a new one the other day that amused me: Pinky Bottom

Posted by: crispy | Jul 24, 2008 2:13:05 PM

19. Wesley was pretty much robbed last night - (The biker chick is amusing but come on!) so it's great that he leaves the show with a truly great consolation prize - love.

The top /bottom butch/femme argument is so lame I always assume anyone who brings it up is a terrible lay. Surely one of the greatest things about being a gay man is that there are no sexual limitations - you get to experience the ride in its entirety.

Posted by: Giovanni | Jul 24, 2008 2:30:11 PM

20. DICHOTOMY??? my sister resolved hers when she moved to gay st. in the village.

Posted by: Bading | Jul 24, 2008 3:18:56 PM

21. Good for them!!!!! Hoepfully the public will leave them along long enough to let them find their way with each other.

Posted by: Jeff | Jul 24, 2008 3:42:50 PM

22. AND I QUOTE: "I kinda knew from the beginning before going into it...that I was gonna be on the bottom."

Posted by: Anthony RIga | Jul 24, 2008 5:44:16 PM

23. Best of luck to Wes and Daniel! Wesley definitely got the shaft last night: Leanne's was the worst I've seen and I think they're keeping Stella around for laughs.

I am crossing my fingers for the swift ouster of both Suede (speaking in the 3rd person and saying 'wackadododle' are not acceptable) or Blayne (adding 'liscious' to everything will not make you the next Christian Siriano). Good thing hotties Jerell and Keith are still going strong!

Posted by: GBM | Jul 24, 2008 6:42:38 PM

24. Their relationship is a scam. One of them is cheating on the other, it's all a publicity scam. I know that for a fact, since the cheater has made it know to close friends. I feel sorry for the one that's going to be hurt and crushed when he finally finds this out.

Posted by: NICK | Jul 25, 2008 10:55:38 AM

25. They may both be bottoms and still engage in an actively anal sex life. I believe that's why double-headed dildos were invented.

Posted by: Milan | Jul 25, 2008 3:58:58 PM