Barack Obama | Garrett Neff | Models | News | Towleroad Guide to the Tube

BigGayDeal.com

Towleroad Guide to the Tube #326

BARACK OBAMA: Talks to Larry King about the New Yorker cover.

WAS JESSE HELMS A CROSSDRESSER?: Michelangelo Signorile fields a call from a regular, long-time, sensible caller.

GARRETT NEFF: EXTRA talks to the new Calvin Klein underwear model about these shots (now UPDATED).

WESTERN SPAGHETTI: A very cool new stop-motion short by PES.

Check out our previous guides to the Tube here.

Comments

1. Is it just me or is that PES short disturbing?

Posted by: peterparker | Jul 16, 2008 3:37:25 PM

2. Nice of Obama to point out that the hysterical accusations of his alleged "Muslim" background amount to religious and racial bigotry against those who actually are Muslim, in addition to being attacks on him. Good for him.

Posted by: Sportin' Life | Jul 16, 2008 4:28:30 PM

3. I agree with Sportin' Life. Good for Obama on this.

Posted by: GBM | Jul 16, 2008 7:34:04 PM

4. I thought the cover was a brilliant way of showing the "dittoheads" out there how over the top they are. I think the sensitive meter needs to be dialed way back. All this indignation just feeds into the perception that anything you say about Obama is racist. It's just not good politics to whine about everything. As all of us have been told since we were kids, "pick your fights wisely". We don't want Obama to become the boy who cried wolf. I am a HRC supporter who has decided to support the democratic nominee and it kills me (just like it did with Hillary) to see such obvious tactical mistakes. Just like Hillary, I think his campaign folks are starting to believe the myth and the hype. Dial it back guys, worse than a pro Obama cover from a very liberal magazine is coming. Much worse.

Posted by: thevegasstyleguy | Jul 16, 2008 9:39:29 PM

5. I didn't find the PES short disturbing at all. I found it imaginative and fun.

Obama's response was right on point. I'm quite impressed with it.

Posted by: Jason87 | Jul 16, 2008 10:41:31 PM

6. Until Obama made that final point about sliming Muslims I was literally feeling sick about his response since it made him sound anti-Muslim. In this day and age I guess it's too much to ask him to say, "no, I'm not a Muslim, but so what if I were?"

I know, I know, we just need to make sure a black guy can (and will) win.

Posted by: David R. | Jul 17, 2008 12:44:32 AM

7. David R., in this day and age is it too much to ask you to just say "well said, Obama?"

I know I know, we can't give him props without backbiting.

Posted by: soulbrotha | Jul 17, 2008 12:04:45 PM