Comments

1. jason says

As far as same-sex relations are concerned, conservatives want laws to prevent us kissing in public whereas liberals want social conventions which only allow women to kiss each other. Which one’s worse? I say they both are. There is a war being waged on gay and bisexual men by both conservatives and liberals. It’s particularly disheartening to see that liberals are the driving force behind the discriminatory social convention.

Liberalism is driven by male heterosexual fantasy and not intellectual consistency. Keep this truism in mind and it will help you judge a lot of issues properly in the future.

2. scientitian says

Uh…I have no frickin’ clue where you’re coming from Jason, but that’s an extremely disturbing and misinformed world view you’ve got there. I’ve never met a liberal that did not advocate for the full array of civil rights for all gay, lesbian, and transgendered persons.

3. jason says

Scientitian,

Did you even bother to read my post? I didn’t say liberals aren’t for legal rights for gays. Indeed, liberals have a better record than conservatives on this. I simply said that liberals want to create social conventions – which don’t require laws – that discriminate against the male-male erotic interaction, even something as innocent as a kiss. Girl-girl, on the other hand, gets the green light.

4. Derek says

Jason once again you seem to relish showing us just how clueless you are with yet another ridiculous post.

And how about relating your comment to the post. It was about a MONUMENT in BERLIN that was VANDALIZED but yet you vent your skewed and asinine theory about “discriminatory social convention” and liberals allowing girls to kiss each other…WTF is that about?

“Keep this truism in mind and it will help you judge a lot of issues properly in the future.”

I would rather keep this truism in mind, “Jason needs to tweak his meds and then have a little male on male interaction with something other that his goat.”

Cheers

5. Ted says

The post by “Jason” that “Liberalism is driven by male heterosexual fantasy and not intellectual consistency” is absurd. American liberal thought and theory is historically driven by the progressive idea that the rights and voices of the disenfranchised are as important as the majority and that the promise of America be afforded to all regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity. Whether liberals and conservative prefer female to female eroticism over to male to male eroticism has absolutely nothing to do with it.

6. Ryan says

Jason: Just praised your comments within the post about Michael Phelps. But this stuff here is, IMO, rather bizarre and nonsensical. “Liberals” like tacos but not hot dogs? Huh? No soap, radio!

Weird.

I think Ted’s comment is completely spot on. I think Ted’s definition of “liberal” is more conventionally accepted.

7. Ryan says

Weird.

8. Leland Frances says

Good for Berlin’s gay mayor’s good intent, but I still think there’s as much argument to be made that the attack was by someone GAY who doesn’t appreciate his/her entire life and the passive genocide of gay men in Nazi concentration camps being reduced to a film loop of two twinks in sexual foreplay seen through a peep hole in a huge concrete crapper.

The city should dump it in the Spree and start over.