News | Playing Gay | Steve Jones

BigGayDeal.com

Former Versace Model Steve Jones Wishes He Had the Gay in Him

Stevejones

Former Welsh Versace model turned TV presenter/actor Steve Jones, who fronts Attitude magazine's new "Sex" issue, says he's jealous of gay men who get to sleep around: "I’ll be sitting in BKB on (London’s) Old Compton Street opposite G-A-Y and see those guys coming out with a different man every night, and I’m just like ‘You lucky b******s,’ I would give anything to have that kind of lifestyle – but the girls just won’t have it."

He won't jump into that scene however: "I wish I had it in me to give it a go, but I’m just a girl man through and through."

And though his experience kissing a man during a game of spin the bottle was like "kissing a corpse" he says he's game for love scenes on camera: "I would have done them (gay sex scenes.) I would have acted them out. Jake and Heath did it and look at those results – yummy!"

If you'll remember, earlier this year Jones also seemed keen to step into the naked part recently popularized by Daniel Radcliffe. Check that out, AFTER THE JUMP...

Steve_jones

Previously
Former Versace Model Steve Jones Takes on Equus [tr]

Comments

1. If he is so keen on having multiple partners then he should switch team and join the fun

Posted by: Lillian | Aug 11, 2008 4:37:34 PM

2. If he is so keen on having multiple partners then he should switch team and join the fun

Posted by: Lillian | Aug 11, 2008 4:38:17 PM

3. "...I'm just a girl man through and through."

Well, if that's true then he's going to have trouble finding a gay to get in him (oral or anal). Gay guys aint crazy about us fems. Gotta' butch it up, Stevie.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Aug 11, 2008 4:51:43 PM

4. nothing like generalizing about gay men; like we all have multiple partners, different every night.

that would be like me generalizing and saying male models are all looks and no brains.

Posted by: chuck | Aug 11, 2008 4:52:23 PM

5. So you hypocritically post a story like this and don't attack the "gay lifestyle" concept he's perpetuating. If he was a Republican he'd be called an anti-gay wingnut.

Heath and Jake were yucky, not yummy.

Posted by: queendru | Aug 11, 2008 4:52:50 PM

6. Steve Jones...I wish he is gay too. He looks so yummy!

Posted by: Seph | Aug 11, 2008 4:54:03 PM

7. Steve fronts Channel 4's "T4" which is "Teen" TV - but everyone is is anyone watches on Sunday morning with hangover. He's totally "just gay enough" and is lovely.

If I didn't have a b/f, I would.

Posted by: Henr | Aug 11, 2008 4:56:09 PM

8. Stevie made out with Jake Shears!

There's a cute video of it on the You Tubes.

Posted by: Tralfaz | Aug 11, 2008 4:56:22 PM

9. maybe I am just friends with whores, but all my girlfriends would sleep with him just for a night.

I'm sure the brits are just as big of sluts.

I find it hard to believe he isn't having snatch thrown at him left and right.

Posted by: Dan B | Aug 11, 2008 5:02:00 PM

10. Exactly, Dan B. He could have pretty much whoever he wanted whenever he wanted.

Posted by: Paul R | Aug 11, 2008 5:15:01 PM

11. WHY must the stereotype be applied to us all???? Not all gay men are out for sex with a different partner every night. Some of us do enjoy love and monogamy.

Posted by: Jon | Aug 11, 2008 5:26:38 PM

12. Of course we do, as long as we can bring a third guy in on weekends and bank holidays.

Posted by: Scott | Aug 11, 2008 5:31:22 PM

13. Shut up, Scott.

Posted by: jeffy | Aug 11, 2008 5:47:11 PM

14. I'm a gay man who doesn't sleep around with tons of people. Is something wrong with me? Did I not get that in my membership kit? And hey, Steve...email me. Maybe we could help each other out.

Posted by: Derrick | Aug 11, 2008 5:52:20 PM

15. he said he saw men coming out of G-A-Y with a new guy every night.

I have never spent nights seeing the crowds emerge from that club, but I did live in WeHo for a while, and it was the same outside any of those clubs.

I think you are all overreacting about his comment, it wasnt a generalization on the entire gay population, just the ones emerging latenight from G-A-Y.

Posted by: Dan B | Aug 11, 2008 6:00:20 PM

16. He must spend an AWFUL lot of time camped outside G-A-Y to be able to pick out the same guys and their new dates night-after-night.

I've been to G-A-Y and there's a lot of boys and men floating through those doors...

Posted by: MikeinSanJose | Aug 11, 2008 6:14:25 PM

17. I hate Attitude. They're always interviewing straight male celebrities and trying to get them to say anything about whether they might be gay, what they think about their gay fans, or whether they've ever had a gay experience or might like one. It's like being back at school and fantasising that the straight football jock is in love with you. I wish they would get over their protracted adolescence - and perhaps even thinking about putting some proper role models on their front cover, rather than drool models.

Posted by: Lubin Odana | Aug 11, 2008 6:16:40 PM

18. Well it's a stupid comment on a lot of levels. So he camped across the street from G-A-Y night after night and tracked the comings and goings of a wide range of men, who he apparently kept dossiers on? That's really how he spends his time?

Becuase anyone that fixated on strangers hooking up is insane, closeted, or both. But no one does that, and certainly not models. And how did he know these guys weren't friends or roommates. I mean they may have been hookups, but he has no way of knowing.

I'd be interested to know the share of gay men that are consistently promiscuous throughout their entire lives, or at least up to a certain age. My guess is that the share is low. I don't like sleeping around at all.

Posted by: Paul R | Aug 11, 2008 6:18:02 PM

19. Well, well, well. Another strictly-straight male entertainer who is currying favor with the gay community while professing his devout interest in women only. Buzz off, Steve Jones.

As for Steve's jealousy at gay male promiscuity at GAY nighclub, darling, it ain't what it's cracked up to be. Having to run to your local practitioner for penicillin isn't exactly something to be jealous of.

Posted by: jason | Aug 11, 2008 7:09:56 PM

20. Just to add to my previous post, I've noticed lately how there's this "correctness" in the entertainment industry in relation to how male entertainers should deal with questions about their sexuality. It's a case of "I'm not gay but I love my gay male fans". LOL. It's a committee-approved platitude designed to keep us dumb gay guys on side.

Face it - we're being conned by the entertainment industry.

Posted by: jason | Aug 11, 2008 7:32:10 PM

21. Sorry Steve, I'm not buying this story of yours.
    No str8 or Gay model sits across from G.A.Y. and keeps track of the guys and their conquests. There is just far to many men in and out of that club on any given weekend to do that.

And, a hell of a lot of the guys running in and out are as good or possibly better than Steve in the looks and body department. London does not have a shortage of extreamly hot young gay guys.

Posted by: Joshua | Aug 11, 2008 7:45:53 PM

22. Sorry Steve, I'm not buying this story of yours.

Posted by: Joshua | Aug 11, 2008 7:46:53 PM

23. "I hate Attitude. They're always interviewing straight male celebrities and trying to get them to say anything about whether they might be gay, what they think about their gay fans, or whether they've ever had a gay experience or might like one. It's like being back at school and fantasising that the straight football jock is in love with you. I wish they would get over their protracted adolescence - and perhaps even thinking about putting some proper role models on their front cover, rather than drool models."

So, in other words, it's like HX, and Out, and Next, and the Advocate, and Genre, and...

Posted by: charles | Aug 11, 2008 7:52:12 PM

24. Lubin, I'm in total agreement, this is hare-brained journalism. Mad march hare to be exact. He is "damning with faint praise" if ever the term applied. "Oh gosh...I can't sleep around like the gay boys do." Well, actually, wealthy straight men can, and, do: they using something called prostitutes. And the obtuse homophobia of kissing another man as being like "kissing a corpse". Well I've kissed a girl, and it wasn't what I wanted but it was certainly not as unsettling as kissing a corpse would have been.

Posted by: Fin De Fichier | Aug 12, 2008 1:17:07 AM

25. Having kissed both a corpse and a live guy, I can say with some confidence that the latter is to be preferred if you're into that kinda thing.

Wow, lots of gay men are insanely promiscuous? That's ABSURD! I think we need to wait for the results of the study before we make such a hasty and stereotypical generalization, offending the one or two who aren't.

And what a lucky break it is to get all that sex and yet remain a third class citizen! YAY!

Posted by: Tank | Aug 12, 2008 1:54:04 AM