Gay Marriage | Lindsay Lohan | News | Samantha Ronson

Michael Lohan Says He Won't Give Away a Lesbian Bride

LohanronsonMichael Lohan says his Christian background would prevent him from giving his daughter Lindsay to another woman in marriage:

"I haven’t heard anything (about an upcoming wedding) from Lindsay, but if she was marrying Sam, I don’t think she’d ask me to walk her down the aisle. She knows about my (Christian) faith … she just wouldn’t ask. I want her to be happy and healthy and stay on the right path. If I discuss (her relationship), I say that I want her to be happy."

Over the weekend, rumors spread that a marriage between Lohan and Samantha Ronson was possibly in the offing.

Comments

1. Can we please be spared this attention-whoring from Lindsay and Sam? They are both damaging our community. The last thing we need is a couple of skanks who appear to be more interested in the publicity than anything else. Just think of the Britney-Madonna kiss and you'll know where I'm coming from.

Go away, Lindsay and Sam. Gay people didn't die so that you two could exploit your way into the gossip rags.

Posted by: jason | Aug 5, 2008 8:56:49 AM

2. Didn't women cease to be the property of their fathers a couple of centuries ago? I'm just sayin....

Posted by: voet | Aug 5, 2008 8:59:26 AM

3. It’s all a publicity stunt to make people forget what a dick-hungry skank Miss Lohan really is. Before summer ends, she’ll amicably part (we’re still friends blah blah) ways with Miss Ronson and will start hitting the clubs and those vodka tonics with unmitigated gusto.

Posted by: gabe | Aug 5, 2008 9:09:52 AM

4. Wow, what's with all the nastiness? Isn't it possible - just possible - that she's actually a lesbian? If fucking Shia Labouef or Chase Crawford or Zac Efron or Christian Bale was dating a boy, everybody would be cheering.

PS, I doubt that she'd ask her dad to walk her down the aisle . . . but more because she fucking hates him, has cut him out of her life, and he's a loser felon who is trying to milk that fact that he has a famous daughter for all he can.

Posted by: Gander | Aug 5, 2008 9:40:58 AM

5. Yeah, because we all know the being gay is much worse than being a sleazy, boozing, fuck stain ex-con, right?

Posted by: Shane | Aug 5, 2008 10:12:15 AM

6. While arguing with jebus freaks in Thompkins Sq park a few weeks ago (a favorite pastime), some familiar-looking guy came up to me and tried to 'bring me to christ.' We'd been talking for @10 minutes or so when he suddenly says, "Do you know who Lindsay Lohan is?"

Then it hit me. I said, "Yeah. She's your daughter. You must be so proud. Did jebus make you such a good father?"

Once he saw that I knew who he was and didn't care, he immediately slunk away. But I had a good story to tell later!

Posted by: Roy | Aug 5, 2008 10:19:51 AM

7. Inflation surging...
    "LOOK! BRITNEY SPEARS!"
    Oil prices soaring...
    "LOOK! LINDSAY LOHAN!"
    Suponeas are being issued against the Bush Administration...
    "AND SHE'S GAY!!!!!!!! EVERYBODY!!!! LOOK AT LINDSAY!!!"

Lindsay who? Do I give a rats ass?

Posted by: Rad | Aug 5, 2008 10:43:49 AM

8. We all know that the senior Lohanns missed more than a few parenting classes...

Posted by: Gianpiero | Aug 5, 2008 10:45:15 AM

9. This from such "Upright" Christian parents? LOL He can go fuck himself too...along with his trashy X wife....Im sure he's had Plenty of Hookers tho - the low life!

Posted by: Disgusted American | Aug 5, 2008 10:48:38 AM

10. Damn, Morgan Freeman almost dies in a car crash and barely gets a mention. This non-celebrity douchebag says something stupid and gets a whole write up. SMH.

Posted by: soulbrotha | Aug 5, 2008 11:26:16 AM

11. Jason wrote: "Gay people didn't die so that you two could exploit your way into the gossip rags."

Actually, they did. They died so being gay would be considered normal. That includes all the unpleasant things that may go with it.

I also don't see LL exploiting this much. Bratton dragged her name into it, and it pissed her off. She's actually be quite well behaved since she became a "deviant." Oh, the irony.

Posted by: Alan | Aug 5, 2008 11:28:25 AM

12. The Lohan clan, perfect examples of the "I hate you because I know who you are" phenomenon.

Who cares about these creeps?

Posted by: MAJeff | Aug 5, 2008 11:51:59 AM

13. I don't know anymore than the next guy, but we should all consider that a very large number of women experiment with lesbianism during their college years. Lindsay, though she never attended, is of college age, and certainly has reason aplenty to be mistrusting of men at the moment. this, my friends, is likely a phase.

and SOULBROTHA, Morgan Freeman isn't gay. This blog is about gay news and lifestyle. Morgan Freeman doesn't really qualify here. I get it that you don't feel black americans are well represented on the site, but it is getting so tired reading your complaints. Please, at least make relevant ones. You're becoming the boy who cried wolf and I'm starting to ignore your points - including the valid ones.

Posted by: Dan B | Aug 5, 2008 12:53:41 PM

14. Dan B.
    First of all, this blog posts plenty of stories about people who are not gay, nor do the stories have anything to do with BEING gay. You must be involved in some pretty selective reading already. And exactly WHAT constitutes as being part of the "gay lifestyle?" I am curious to know exactly what parameters all gay men are working with. Please enlighten.

Also, does it matter WHAT color or sexual orientation Mr. Freeman is? What the fuck has that got to do with anything? He almost died in a car accident. Is that not more newsworthy than what comes out of this felon's mouth?

Dan B, I don't like everything you write either, but it's your right to say it. And I will exercise that same right. And it's ok if you don't read my comments. I think I'll survive.

Posted by: soulbrotha | Aug 5, 2008 1:14:37 PM

15. Its the pattern of your comments, like when you suggested a blogging error for focusing on Michael Phelps' new world record instead of Venus Williams' win at Wimbledon. All I am saying is, the constant complaint about the lack of black americans on the blog has gotten old. I've never said that your issue isn't valid, only saying that sometimes you are stretching a bit far to make your point.

i won't argue semantics with you about "gay lifestyle" or "gay interest." I don't think I make an outlandish statement when I say that this blog focuses on news items or other items of gay interest. Lindsay Lohan's father refusing to participate in her wedding if it is to a woman, though of little interest to many, is on-topic for Towleroad.

Occasionally, you could comment on the content of the post, rather than just bitch about what you think has been omitted.

Posted by: Dan B | Aug 5, 2008 1:25:43 PM

16. Dan after reading the comments before yours, I don't get the impression that this story was of "gay interest." It just proves that you can't assume to know what is interesting to folks. Thats why there are comments. And critiques (or bitching as you call it. )

Look, I rarely comment at all because most times 20 people have already made the point before I even see the post. But if I see something I don't like, I'm gonna speak up. May seem like a broken record to you, but it's important to me.

And again, the point was newsworthiness, not race. If it was Julia Roberts, I would have said the same thing, though I probably wouldn't have to.

Posted by: soulbrotha | Aug 5, 2008 2:16:31 PM

17. It's so ridiculous how people assume they know the motivations and inclinations of Famous People. All we can do is project, but to assert for certain is just wrong.

Plus, I don't get all the negativity. I'd like to think that she stopped getting totally fucked up and finding herself in desperate situations when she became honest with herself and concluded that she could indeed fall in love with a woman. Once you figure yourself out, a lot of other things really seem to fall into place.

Posted by: Rey | Aug 5, 2008 7:19:17 PM

18. These two are so pathetic they give George and Laura a good name.
    I for one and many others cannot for the life of me figure out why LL is so damn popular. She is a liar a thief and white trash personified. Andy do not give this girl the time of day. Her GF is a poor excuse for a wannabe DJ, the only thing she has going for her is her brother. As for her father and his reply to this matter. He is saying this only because he KNOWS she would NEVER ask him. Now STOP ANDY PLEASE

Posted by: Joe | Aug 6, 2008 2:58:05 PM

19. These two are so pathetic they give George and Laura a good name.

Posted by: Joe | Aug 6, 2008 2:58:27 PM