Election 2008 | John McCain | News | Paris Hilton

Paris Hilton Responds to that Wrinkly White-Haired Guy

Hilton

Paris Hilton won't be used like some kind of vapid election pawn.

Who knew that she would have a better energy policy for America than John McCain?

Watch it, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. okay, by no means am I a Paris Hilton fan but that part where they compared McCain to the Golden Girls was hilarious

Posted by: Pekemo | Aug 6, 2008 12:10:02 AM

2. Legally blond the T.V. series: staring Paris Hilton. Someone pitch this to Fox.

Posted by: Flipper | Aug 6, 2008 12:20:56 AM

3. God I love Paris.

Posted by: Chad | Aug 6, 2008 12:23:55 AM

4. Wow. I really can't believe Paris Hilton did something that makes me want to like her. I mean, she still has a long way to go, but damn. Too bad her energy policy is also wrong, in that it assumes offshore drilling will benefit Americans in a noticeable way...

Posted by: Chip | Aug 6, 2008 12:24:55 AM

5. Eh. I'll vote for her.

Posted by: Jeff NYC | Aug 6, 2008 12:48:14 AM

6. No, no, no. You guys don't get it. This commercial will hit the media and get lots of airplay. What does that do? It keeps the McCain ad in the news. It doesn't matter what the Paris ad says.
    This will keep the focus of the media on McCain's spot for another news cycle. And the longer the focus is kept on McCain's ad, the longer it is kept off Obama's message. This ad was done by someone with, perhaps, the best intentions to help Obama, but it is politically naive and, in reality, helps McCain.

Posted by: gr8guyca | Aug 6, 2008 1:07:16 AM

7. *golf clap*

Posted by: dekko | Aug 6, 2008 1:07:22 AM

8. Who knew bitch could be funny. :o)

Posted by: Kenny | Aug 6, 2008 1:24:48 AM

9. It could go either way, GR8GuyCA. The absurdity of it points to the absurdity of McCain's original ad, which could help Obama. And I don't think we need to worry about Obama getting media coverage.

And I fully agree with other posters that this is the first thing I've ever seen her do that is remotely appealing. Obviously heavily scripted, but still.

Posted by: Paul R | Aug 6, 2008 1:34:36 AM

10. See ya at the Inaugural Ball, Bitches.
    Paris rocks.

Posted by: Andy Banned Me | Aug 6, 2008 5:56:01 AM

11. First time she had me laughing with her rather than at her. Although obviously written by someone else, she read the lines with clarity, conviction, and humor.

Posted by: rudy | Aug 6, 2008 7:04:45 AM

12. That was pretty funny :-)

Posted by: gabriel | Aug 6, 2008 7:04:55 AM

13. That was pretty funny :-)

Posted by: gabriel | Aug 6, 2008 7:05:57 AM

14. ♥ it funny.

Posted by: 1♥ | Aug 6, 2008 7:08:18 AM

15. I have to agree with everybody else. I strangly find myself sort of respecting her a bit now.

Anyway; the offshore drilling thing is such a joke. If the nation as a whole properly inflated all of their tires and had regular tune-ups the US would save more in gas milleage and thus oil than we could EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pump from gung ho no holds bar offshore drilling.

--------------------------

In other news, mcshame tried to pimp his wife for a topless beauty contest.

CLASSY!!!!! for someone who wishes to be leader of the so called free world.

mccain-suggests-wife-part_n_117053.html

Posted by: Jimmyboyo | Aug 6, 2008 8:17:18 AM

16. Second time I've actually liked Paris (the first being when she calmly endured that idiot David Letterman mocking her to her face). Bravo to her for going along with it, and delivering it with conviction.

Posted by: Joseph | Aug 6, 2008 8:18:33 AM

17. Regally Blonde! I have to applaud La Paris for turning in such a Shatnerian tour de force of self-aware satire. As an institution, Paris is tiresome. As an individual, she's ok.

Posted by: LD | Aug 6, 2008 9:29:08 AM

18. This is actually pretty funny. I have to hand it to her.

Posted by: sam | Aug 6, 2008 9:43:09 AM

19. I don't care what anyone says, I love Paris Hilton. I don't know who wrote that ad, but it was hilarious and really well done.

Posted by: Rhea | Aug 6, 2008 9:51:58 AM

20. I'd like to remind all of you who are loving on Paris Hilton that Andy has previously posted a link to a video of Paris in an unscripted moment. In *that* video, she was spouting the words 'nigger' and 'faggot' with no shame. Paris is a stupid, elitist, bigoted whore.

Posted by: peterparker | Aug 6, 2008 10:31:25 AM

21. It's so funny how everyone here advocates that offshore drilling is a McCain position when Golden Boy Obama just came out and flip flopped on the issue saying he would consider it as well. Along with his checking your tire pressure strategy that is clearly going to solve global warming and our growing energy crisis. Got it.

Posted by: Jean | Aug 6, 2008 10:47:00 AM

22. Jean,
    Flip flop?

Does John McCain support the Bush tax cuts? Does he support gay adoption?

Is Czechoslovakia still a country? Does Iraq share a border with Pakistan? How do the Sunni and Shiite differ in Iraq?

Got it.

Posted by: Erik | Aug 6, 2008 11:06:27 AM

23. God I hate stupid Republicans. Why do they have to incessantly lie and distort the truth to make their points?

People like Jean are why America is in trouble. Seriously, the tire pressure thing? That's, um, how do I say this? That's not Obama's ENERGY PLAN.

Are you really that thick? It was commentary on a small thing that Americans could do right now that would help a little bit.

How you could even arrive at the conclusion that Obama was suggesting filling up your tires properly as a solution to the global energy crisis is beyond me. Really, for the sake of all of us, don't vote.

Posted by: Jason | Aug 6, 2008 11:17:54 AM

24. This is the only time in her life she hasn't wanted to be "used."

Her "energy policy" is remarkably similar to McCain's. What's up with that?

Erik, Jean was talking about energy policy, not that other bullshit you brought up. Stick to the topics: Paris Hilton is a whore, McCain is old and gross, comprehensive energy policy.
    Jason, go back and listen to the clip of Obama. "We could save all the oil that they're talking about getting off drilling, if everybody was just inflating their tires and -- and -- and getting regular tune-ups, you can actually save just as much."

Posted by: Shane | Aug 6, 2008 11:34:33 AM

25. Jean

1- Obama suggested tire inflation and reg tune ups as suggestions on the power of conservation..Because the fact is if all of america properly inflated their tires and got regular tune ups = save more oil than we could ever pump from offshore drilling.

Mcsahame just admited yesterday that Obama was right on properly inflated tires are a factual example of the power of CONSEVATION

2- he didn't flip flop. He basicaly said small heavily regulated offshore drilling is possible as a compromise with repubs to get a broader energy plan passed focusing on alts while also. That isn't flip flopping. That is governing and understanding how our government works = compromise between multiple branches and 2 partys to get things done

Posted by: Jimmyboyo | Aug 6, 2008 11:38:06 AM