Charlie Herschel | News | Reality TV

BigGayDeal.com

Bromance Brews for Charlie and Marcus on Survivor:Gabon

Survivor1

So last night I caught the premiere of Survivor: Gabon. Charlie, the gay NYC lawyer, immediately struck up an alliance with the hottest member of his tribe, Marcus. As well as a major crush.

Survivor3CHARLIE: "I feel that I have a special bond with Marcus. Ever since I saw him on the mat and he picked me, I just felt this connection in his deep, blue beautiful eyes."

MARCUS: "The thing with Charlie is, I think he's attracted to me but you know, I'll be honest. I don't see any romance between Charlie and I. I think he's a great guy, you know. I can see that he's handsome and smart and all those things. I really can appreciate that about him. It's just not really the way I roll. I'm straight, so... We're in Eden, but there's no two Adams here."

Marcus however, most definitely appreciates the attention...

Watch it, AFTER THE JUMP (starts at 7:21)

Survivor2

Comments

1. I watched this also and I have to say it was an amazing exchange, not only because they actually showed to men flirting but also because Marcus declared himself "straight" but when on to say that he found Charlie handsome and smart and attractive but "I don't roll that way"... he had no problem with Charlie being gay OR coming on to him! What a breath of fresh air on a highly rated show that sometimes tends towards extreme stereotypes.

Posted by: Wayne | Sep 26, 2008 9:58:42 AM

2. I saw this episode last nite, someone tell this Charlie "HOW NOT TO CRUISE", I mean jesus he was like all over this Marcus guy, and then Charlie asks "I can't understand why the women are not all over him?" - cause you won't leave his side and they probably think he is gay too!!!! And this was day ONE imagine what will happen when charlie starts to get horned up on day 3 let alone day 10 day 15 day 20 - we may actually have our first sexual assault on Survivor! I certainly hope Marcus does not end up shafting this guy and voting him off i think then Charlie will have a major hissy fit on screen.. that is if he does not have a nervous breakdown over his Unrequited love for Marcus... I mean when the rejection hits Charlie is going to fall big time!!!! worth watching this just to see charlie crash and burn ! imagine he is a lawyer you'd think he would know something about discretion!! I am just sorry he looks like some pathetic schoolgirl with a crush on the BMOC and can't get within 5 feet of him..... I can hear the unwashed masses already about this one!! Wait til Hannity or O'reilly get wind of it they will probably use it as ammo for reasons why we cannot repeal DADT!!

Posted by: alex boston | Sep 26, 2008 10:00:47 AM

3. God knows we all deserve our temporary diversion of choice from the mess we're in, but can I be the first to say re: Survivor

WHO THE FUCK CARES?

Posted by: Christopher | Sep 26, 2008 10:04:24 AM

4. Cute.
    Who doesn't adore being adored?

Posted by: Nonplussed | Sep 26, 2008 10:18:54 AM

5. Hey - doesn't "bromance" mean the same as "man crush"? I thought it implied that you could be close to another guy (gay or strait or mixed) but not have it be more than that...

Posted by: pauldonyc | Sep 26, 2008 10:25:57 AM

6. Marcus lives here in atlanta and has plenty of gay friends and loves the attention of both men and women. sorry, its attention he craves, not dick.

Posted by: Jerome | Sep 26, 2008 10:26:23 AM

7. It's sweet and pretty awesome!

Posted by: Al | Sep 26, 2008 10:36:18 AM

8. Marcus and Dan are HOT! I hope you also feature Dan.

I felt embarrassed for Charlie. He was ogling at gorgeous Marcus. I can't say that I can blame him. But, put your tongue back in your mouth, girl! You're drooling.

I also don't see this ending well. This looks like the start of Fatal Attraction.

Posted by: LTP | Sep 26, 2008 10:55:00 AM

9. These guys are both way too thin at the start of Survivor. They are both going to be skin and bones if they go more than 2 weeks.

They have no fat to live off of so they are going to be losing muscle mass very quickly. I am not sure how hot they are going to look by episode 7 or 8.

Posted by: Jack | Sep 26, 2008 11:06:46 AM

10. I think Charlie (not Marcus) is the best looking in the tribe! And he's adorable too.

I think no one, at least no one straight, will really understand that he was joking when talking about Marcus's deep blue eyes, etc.

I hope this leads to a strong alliance.

Posted by: Sam | Sep 26, 2008 11:18:19 AM

11. OhLaLaMag has several more HOT shots of these guys, including still photos of Marcus participating in one of the challenges with his weapon dangling in it's full glory as he runs down the hill! He was only wearing his boxers at the time so it was bound to happen!

Posted by: wayne | Sep 26, 2008 3:04:39 PM

12. I saw a clip of him running and daaaaaaang, his peepee slipped out and said "hello world". He had the yellow bandanna and grey tee on and them boxers in that clip,

Accident? Hmmmmmmmm.

Posted by: gabe | Sep 26, 2008 4:55:01 PM

13. I personally think that Marcus is bi. More leaning toward girls, but I think he has had experiences w guys. He's is too comfortable w this Charlie guy. Could b wrong...just what I get from watching the clip

Posted by: David | Sep 26, 2008 7:21:46 PM

14. Aw, that's too funny! I think all gay men have that one unattainable straight guy that they crush on despite the fact, it's never gonna happen!

Like, tee-hee.

Posted by: ETC. | Sep 26, 2008 8:29:51 PM

15. Gosh, Charlie, could you be any more queeny?!

Posted by: nikko | Oct 17, 2008 4:43:52 PM