Election 2008 | John McCain | News | Republican Party | Sarah Palin

BigGayDeal.com

Campbell Brown: Stop Sexist Treatment of Palin, Media Silence

CNN's Campbell Brown excoriated the McCain campaign yesterday, calling the media blackout surrounding Sarah Palin "chauvinistic" and sexist:

Campbellbrown"Tonight I call on the McCain campaign to stop treating Sarah Palin like she is a delicate flower that will wilt at any moment. This woman is from Alaska for crying out loud. She is strong. She is tough. She is confident. And you claim she is ready to be one heart beat away form the presidency. If that is the case, then end this chauvinistic treatment of her now. Allow her to show her stuff. Allow her to face down those pesky reporters... Let her have a real news conference with real questions. By treating Sarah Palin different from the other candidates in this race, you are not showing her the respect she deserves. Free Sarah Palin. Free her from the chauvinistic chain you are binding her with. Sexism in this campaign must come to an end. Sarah Palin has just as much a right to be a real candidate in this race as the men do. So let her act like one."

The press has been growing restless over the McCain campaign's refusal to allow Palin to step in front of reporters, instead insisting on carefully choreographed one-on-one studio interviews. Yesterday, a reporter in Ohio asked McCain if his bus had become the "No Talk Express'.

McCain didn't reply.

Watch Campbell Brown, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Las Vegas:

How convenient for you that "the purpose is not on trial." But that's like most Republicans, shoot first- ask questions later.

Posted by: sugarrhill | Sep 24, 2008 2:08:48 PM

2. Aw Nick have a cookie...the kool aid is being provided by the DNC.

Posted by: Las Vegas | Sep 24, 2008 2:14:06 PM

3. Sugar,

No, it's been very convinient for Democrats who before 9/11 and having a Democrat in the Oval said all kinds of tough things about Iraq and its leadership. Put another party in power and it's a whole different tune.

Who voted to go to war? Go down the list sweetie. A lot of your favorite Democrats raised their hand and said go but when things didn't go their way suddenly they staretd shouting from the rafters. Then the double talk started and John Kerry was hung out to dry.

Posted by: Las Vegas | Sep 24, 2008 2:19:40 PM

4. Las Vegas,
    I don't know who u are for or against but don't expect CNN to be against the democratic party, that's what Fox News is for!!!!! Campbell ha the right to make an editorial comment like the one she did (very graciously may I add) and that is what Freedom of Speech is all about!

This is a site with Homosexual Tendencies so DONT expect it's readers to disagree with a pro democratic comment made by Ms.Brown. Bill O'Riley is a fervant basher of Obama and was one of Hillary, so why don't u stick to Republican friendly sites or Liberal editorials that way u won't find posts like this one and it's comments so irritating.

Posted by: dirrtyboyy79 | Sep 24, 2008 2:23:57 PM

5. The one thing I don't get about gay Republicans (like LAS VEGAS and RB) is that they're never just gay Republicans. They are always right-wing on every.single.issue. WTF? It's truly bizarre since their very nature as gay men makes them anathema to that kind social conservatism.

Posted by: Vince | Sep 24, 2008 2:24:30 PM

6. Las Vegas, you're just making our jobs easier. Keep up the good work :).

Posted by: CJ | Sep 24, 2008 2:34:34 PM

7. Hmm I'm not right wing on gay marriage..however, I think the government needs to get out out of the marriage business altogether. I like the idea of government civil unions and if you want a "marriage ceremony" then go to a church that will do it.

The crux of the matter is when it comes to fiscal matters, borders, tax policy, domestic programs, and foreign policy. Bet your ass I am right wing. I believe in the ethic of personal responsiblity and facing the decisions you have made. Something our current crop of Republicans seem to have forgotten. If that makes me some evil republican Troll in some of your short sighted eyes then so be it. But I won't silenced, I won't be marginlized by burnt out ex-cicuit queens who sit around and piss and moan about how unfair their lives are becuase they are gay.

Posted by: Las Vegas | Sep 24, 2008 2:45:48 PM

8. Palin can't cut it. I think I would have had much more to talk about with the world leaders than Palin can. She's inexperienced. The McCain camp is smart to have her muzzled.

Posted by: Gigohead | Sep 24, 2008 3:05:42 PM

9. I wonder how much the GOP is paying LAS VEGAS to troll here and on other sites. From the number of posts and the obvious Rove talking points he is a hack.

The fact that McShit has said he wants to put off the debate on Friday, because of the financial crisis, seems he can not talk and chew gum at the same time. This just shows how desperate these housewives are.

Posted by: patrick nyc | Sep 24, 2008 3:47:22 PM

10. SORRY NOAH

If Obama loses this election it is HIS FAULT ONLY.
    Not Biden's, not Clintons not the uneducated working class.. HIS FAULT. PERIOD.
    It's his deal to loose. And thank GOD he's using none of his own money. JUST OURS.

Posted by: MCnNYC | Sep 24, 2008 3:53:59 PM

11. "I won't be marginlized by burnt out ex-cicuit queens who sit around and piss and moan about how unfair their lives are becuase they are gay."

Are you on marginalized acid? Who's pissing and moaning on this thread? Not us "cicuit queens" (might want to update your spell check). For the record, this queen has never been to a "cicuit" party.

Posted by: Ernie | Sep 24, 2008 4:02:00 PM

12. Oooh, LAS VEGAS...I bet you're butch, too.

*gag*

Posted by: Vince | Sep 24, 2008 4:13:03 PM

13. ANDY - Have you donated to NO on PROP 8, yet?

Come on, Andy, we know you can spare a few bucks.

Put your money with your mouth and editorial view are or are you all talk about Obama and no action?

Posted by: queendru | Sep 24, 2008 6:30:58 PM

14. Las Vegas, it is just as wrong to presume I am a "burned out circuit queen" and that all I care about is identifying myself as a homosexual male. In fact, I do not frequent gay bars (been there, done that), most of my friends are black females and straight males. I believe in less government involvement in personal issues, as someone who grew up in the UK I have lived in a country with socialized medicine (and do not believe the spin that Canadians come to the U.S. for health care, I dated a Canadian for four years and I know first hand that is pure fabrication). I am fiscally conservative, I believe in taking responsibility in one's actions, however as someone who was once a studying for my masters in social psych I also believe in giving (the right people) the benefit of the doubt and a second chance. That doesn't mean I believe in handout's. I believe our current government has tarnished the American Dream; it is virtually impossible with big business and political corruption to make it in the business world. I believe there are corrupt political figures on both sides, however I have seen more corruption from the Republicans than the Democrats but both parties need a long way to go before making me confident in our current political system. I believe that people can change, but I also believe that people should pay the price and answer for their crimes. I believe that, just as our forefathers, church and state are SEPARATE entities, I also believe that immigration reform is xenophobia. Certainly, people who truly want to be American's should be given the legal right, and I do not believe those living in our country illegally should benefit from our system. However, I do not believe that patrolling our borders with guns and paranoia is the answer. I do not believe that invading sovereign nations against UN policy without just cause is the answer. Foreign policy and homeland security is the best way to PREVENT national disasters and terrorism [London proved that by catching terrorists through local policing working with the government].

Why am I writing all this? Basically, we may disagree on many issues, we may agree on many more. However, pigeonholing everyone on this board as a "typical burned out circuit queen" and going on the offense is NOT the way, we, as a nation, will come together to overcome our tragic situation; both economically and otherwise. If you truly do not like being judge, then do not judge others. Simple.

Posted by: CJ | Sep 24, 2008 7:36:43 PM

15. LAS VEGAS is ridiculous and doesn't even warrant a skimming of his posts.

I think he just needs to get that stick taken out of her ass.

But it may be a lost cause because of course what happens in(side) Vegas, stays in(side) Vegas.

Posted by: Nevada | Sep 24, 2008 9:26:18 PM