John McCain | News | Republican Party | Sarah Palin

Katie Couric's Interview with Sarah Palin

Palincbs

Wow. Certainly a disastrous 24 hours for the McCain campaign.

Katie Couric's interview with Sarah Palin reveals exactly why they've been keeping her from the media. She doesn't know what she's talking about. Whether she is or not, this interview makes her look like she's in way over her head.

Watch it, AFTER THE JUMP...

COURIC: You've said, quote, "John McCain will reform the way Wall Street does business." Other than supporting stricter regulations of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac two years ago, can you give us any more example of his leading the charge for more oversight?

PALIN: I think that the example that you just cited, with his warnings two years ago about Fannie and Freddie--that, that's paramount. That's more than a heck of a lot of other senators and representatives did for us.

COURIC: But he's been in Congress for 26 years. He's been chairman of the powerful Commerce Committee. And he has almost always sided with less regulation, not more.

PALIN: He's also known as the maverick though. Taking shots from his own party, and certainly taking shots from the other party. Trying to get people to understand what he's been talking about--the need to reform government.

COURIC: I'm just going to ask you one more time, not to belabor the point. Specific examples in his 26 years of pushing for more regulation?

PALIN: I'll try to find you some and I'll bring them to you.

Comments

1. Talk about deer, or should I say moose, in the headlights. "Another depression if we don't act by Friday, governor?" "Yes. That is what it says on my 3 X 5 card, Katie. Yes."

Posted by: TroyTooner | Sep 25, 2008 7:38:29 AM

2. Holy crap. She hasn't a clue. And this woman very well could become president. I hope people watch this and realize that just because she's a woman, just because she comes across as folksy and down-to-earth, she is hugely unqualified to even be in the Cabinet!!

Posted by: Larry | Sep 25, 2008 7:44:23 AM

3. Oh my god.
    She's a joke. And yet, one heart attack away from being commander in chief.
    Scary sh*t.

Posted by: Meunier | Sep 25, 2008 7:48:14 AM

4. It's easy to see why they've been keeping her away from reporters!

Posted by: Miles | Sep 25, 2008 7:49:36 AM

5. This is really, really frightening. This woman has absolutely no idea what she is talking about. And McCain is running around acting erratic and clueless as usual. This election should be a blow-out.. I don't understand why Obama is leading by 20-30% in the polls.

Posted by: Anonymous | Sep 25, 2008 7:50:59 AM

6. Troy, try "caribou in the headlights." If you ever need a clear definition of what it means to be, "in over your head," just watch this interview. She repeats the same line about Rick Davis and ignores the point that he still made money from the fees from his firm. This refugee from "Northern Exposure" is suffering from over-exposure.

Posted by: gr8guyca | Sep 25, 2008 8:06:44 AM

7. Ugh - "I'll try to find some and get 'em to ya."

She retreats into the folksiness to get out of a tough spot - remind you of anyone? Someone else whose clueless-deer-in-the-headlights expression graced tv screens just last night?

Posted by: TonyG | Sep 25, 2008 8:13:24 AM

8. I love how, when she had no place else to go, she turned to attacking Obama.

Sigh...

Posted by: damien | Sep 25, 2008 8:28:23 AM

9. No wonder McCain doesn't want debates right now. He's going to get clobbered and certainly his second in command is not fit to go against Biden either.

But kudos to Couric for asking a question and trying to get a real answer from the Governor and not settling for the tripe that she was selling.

Posted by: Darren | Sep 25, 2008 8:43:11 AM

10. anon

It is "the black tax"

AA's have to work 2-3 times harder than a more unqualified white person to get the same cred/ respect etc.

It sucks, but it is what it is. Obama has responded to it "..........I'm proud to have to work harder than the other guy to win."

His is winning and will win.
    -----------------------------------

Sarah Palin, now we know why they are trying to cancel the VP debate.

Though she is not fit to be VP , I do think she is more qualified than mccain.

She might even be kicking herelf for hooking herself to the old crazy fart

-----------------

Who saw Bill Clinton on Larry King last night?

He was great. Some think he should attack palin etc, but he is an ex-president. Ex -presidents are NOT attack dogs. He presented all the reasons why he and Hillary support Obama and why people should vote for Obama.

Posted by: Jimmyboyo | Sep 25, 2008 8:44:07 AM

11. That's just painful to watch.

Posted by: CLEMSONAJ | Sep 25, 2008 8:44:44 AM

12. Did I just hear her say, "...I'll bring them to ya"?!

I sure hope this back woods, poh dunk, small town, small mind mentality will lose its appeal to back woods, poh dunk, small town, small minded middle America that is eventually going to vote for this moron.

Unfortunately, a lot of people see past her incoherent rambling and are smitten by the way she is "just like us."

It's no longer a Democrat/Republican issue. It's really about who can represent this country with dignity on a world stage. When I lived abroad, it was a bit heart-wrenching to hear my European and non-American friends berate how America is a joke—Bush, more specifically.

Middle America needs to wakes up and realize it's not the only country around, Christian is not the only religion in existence, and acting dumb will never get you anywhere.

Posted by: PandaMonium | Sep 25, 2008 8:50:18 AM

13. Fish out of water or functioning idiot? Both come to mind and both seem appropriate for Palin at this point. The only thing scarier is a shot of John McCain being made up for an interview after just advising David Letterman he couldn't come on his show because he had to "rush" back to Washington to resolve the financial crises. One would think only Tyra Banks would stop for some blusher prior to heading off to avert a crisis.

Posted by: Philbert | Sep 25, 2008 9:10:46 AM

14. I'm waiting for Americans to realise that somebody "Just like us" is probably not the best choice for a leader. If we just need somebody "just like us", why not hold a raffle?

Posted by: lis | Sep 25, 2008 9:30:31 AM

15. That folksy, 'i'll bring em to YA!" makes me feel embarassed for her.

I dont know about all of you, but I dont want an EVERYMAN (or woman) as president or VP...I want someone BETTER than me...better educated, smarter, more experienced, more sophisticated, wiser....I dont want an everyday soccermom or dad...

Posted by: tom | Sep 25, 2008 9:36:34 AM

16. I think she wears fake plastic nose attached to those awful Kawasaki eyeglasses.

Posted by: ggreen | Sep 25, 2008 9:45:39 AM

17. Does this remind anyone else of the infamous "I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because some people out there in our nation don't have maps and I believe that our education like such as South Africa and the Iraq and everywhere like such as I believe that they should our education over here!" from Miss Teen South Carolina? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WALIARHHLII).

Any surprise that a former beauty queen/sportscaster is not much more than a pretty face?

Posted by: DC Guy | Sep 25, 2008 10:09:04 AM

18. Can't put lipstick on a pig ...

Posted by: Jerrold | Sep 25, 2008 10:14:48 AM

19. Holy Crap!

She's clueless. Absolutely clueless! Another vapid airhead ready for Rove to "mold" into his image of leadership. She'll win on the "I wanna drink a beer and go huntin' with her!" tactic. (W was only a favored beer drinker).

Kudos to Couric. I was expecting fluffy, low-ball mush. She done alright.

Posted by: Rad | Sep 25, 2008 10:25:15 AM

20. I hope everyone in all of the 57 states will get a chance to see this. We can't have someone who isn't articulate and clean leading us when tiny countries like Iran, who don't pose any threat to us, are already saying "God damn America!"

This bitch should have taken two years or so on the taxpayers dime to start practicing her lies in front of a smaller audience and then build her way up. At least get Deval Patrick's speechwriter to come up with some jingoistic catchphrases for chrissakes.

Posted by: Carl | Sep 25, 2008 10:31:28 AM

21. "It's no longer a Democrat/Republican issue. It's really about who can represent this country with dignity on a world stage." Fantastic statement PANDAMONIUM! Who would you rather have represent you to the world?

Posted by: Billy | Sep 25, 2008 10:35:31 AM

22. "As John McCain has been saying, and as I've been, on a much more local level..."

Yeah, like on a level of Wasilla, Alaska!

This woman is a nightmare. And her constant dropping of the 'g' on the end of words drives even this guy, born and raised in the south, completely NUTS!

Posted by: peterparker | Sep 25, 2008 10:37:02 AM

23. Hmm, the log cabin apologists have been strangely silent on the subject of this interview ... Heehee!

Posted by: Meanwhile | Sep 25, 2008 10:51:01 AM

24. The Republican Ticket is turning out to be a disaster--even for folks who swore they'd never vote for Obama. It's exactly what those anti-Barack folks deserve: senility (on how to run a national campaign) and idiocy (on what's going on in the world outside of Alaska) on the same ticket. Wonderful...there is a God. She just don't like Sarah and John.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Sep 25, 2008 11:15:43 AM

25. So, where have all the Republican's gone? They're certainly here to counter comments with bullying and threats quite often, but all of a sudden... [crickets]

Posted by: CJ | Sep 25, 2008 11:34:27 AM