John McCain | News | Republican Party | Sarah Palin

Katie Couric's Interview with Sarah Palin

Palincbs

Wow. Certainly a disastrous 24 hours for the McCain campaign.

Katie Couric's interview with Sarah Palin reveals exactly why they've been keeping her from the media. She doesn't know what she's talking about. Whether she is or not, this interview makes her look like she's in way over her head.

Watch it, AFTER THE JUMP...

COURIC: You've said, quote, "John McCain will reform the way Wall Street does business." Other than supporting stricter regulations of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac two years ago, can you give us any more example of his leading the charge for more oversight?

PALIN: I think that the example that you just cited, with his warnings two years ago about Fannie and Freddie--that, that's paramount. That's more than a heck of a lot of other senators and representatives did for us.

COURIC: But he's been in Congress for 26 years. He's been chairman of the powerful Commerce Committee. And he has almost always sided with less regulation, not more.

PALIN: He's also known as the maverick though. Taking shots from his own party, and certainly taking shots from the other party. Trying to get people to understand what he's been talking about--the need to reform government.

COURIC: I'm just going to ask you one more time, not to belabor the point. Specific examples in his 26 years of pushing for more regulation?

PALIN: I'll try to find you some and I'll bring them to you.

Comments

1. Cynicism at it worst. John McCain put his political fortunes FIRST by choosing this running mate, not his COUNTRY. He is desperate to become president, with the help of the Republican cabal, which will do anything to stay in power. Sad. He has lost his way.

Posted by: joeinsf | Sep 25, 2008 11:47:28 AM

2. Such a hypocrite!! She makes a hand gesture while saying that Obama is all talk (shows that she's immature and annoying). Does she not realize that she's the candidate that this all talk and no substance?!?!? When is she going to realize that she's only on the ticket as a gimmick??

Posted by: ugotmeinsd_619 | Sep 25, 2008 12:08:28 PM

3. The Log Cabinites are strangely silent, so let me see what I can say on their behalf.
    She sure is pretty, and looks good in a nicely tailored conservative skirt. And we would KILL for her designer glasses. Won't she look smart on the world stage? And.. um... well... oh heck. That's all I got.

Posted by: Anukki | Sep 25, 2008 12:17:12 PM

4. Oh dear! I really feel embarrassed for her! Girl be clueless!

Posted by: Cody | Sep 25, 2008 12:30:53 PM

5. There is one Log Cabinite in this thread: CARL, if you missed him.

Silly faggot.

Posted by: Nick | Sep 25, 2008 12:57:21 PM

6. I'm not a log cabin apologist, just a disappointed Democrat, but I will step in and point out that Couric's question was about McCain's record. I wasn't aware vice presidential nominees need to have memorized every detail of someone else's voting record over 26 years. Luckily Biden only has to memorize 2 years worth.

Posted by: dc8stretch | Sep 25, 2008 12:58:16 PM

7. Where is THE QUEEN? Hiding in her ice palace with the COUNTESS? Any spare towers we can lock up Palin in?

Posted by: SEXYBACK | Sep 25, 2008 1:02:56 PM

8. DC8STRETCH, is your real name Joe Lieberman? Palin is campaigning with McCain, not separately. She's his alternate and supposed to be supporting his directives. The fact that he has such a long voting record gives her and ADVANTAGE over Biden - she should have plenty of examples to choose from. Well, she would if there were any, and if she actually poked her perfect little nose outside of Alaska and learned about what was going on in the rest of the country.

Posted by: sexyback | Sep 25, 2008 1:13:55 PM

9. Nice try, DC8STRECTH. No one said she needed to "memorize every detail" of John McCain's voting record. But she sure as hell could have had at least ONE 1(!) example to toss out.

Pathetic.

Posted by: Jason (A) | Sep 25, 2008 1:14:18 PM

10. Actually, DC8, he's been an elected official for 12 years total, not two. And yes, Biden probably already has memorized what Obama has accomplished. Because's he's actually smart.

Also, it's not too much to ask of Palin because she and McCain are both packaged as "mavericks." All right, you're mavericks. Now prove it. With actual, factual examples.

Posted by: DonnyB | Sep 25, 2008 1:21:38 PM

11. RAD

I know, Couric did good. I too expected her to do soft ball stuff, but she came through.

Posted by: Jimmyboyo | Sep 25, 2008 1:28:33 PM

12. i'd rather vote for Tina Fey as her look alike than this bablling idiot!!
    Have you heard Tina in an interview? She's at least coherent and responsive to the questions. I mean, "that, that's paramount"

HEEEELLLLOOOOOO in there. Did you hear the question or is Sarah really the idiot everyone has pegged her for????

Good golly, I'm going to vote for Obama then running of to Europe to hide!

Posted by: DKNATL | Sep 25, 2008 1:41:29 PM

13. I hope we get to see this brave young woman be our President. It would be wonderful! Someone who represents true change, and someone the country can admire. I don't know why you all keep attacking her and McCain; they are a great team!

Posted by: Matt | Sep 25, 2008 2:03:27 PM

14. Oh, DC8STRETCH, there you are you silly goose. Now, where's Las Vegas when you need him?

Posted by: CJ | Sep 25, 2008 2:09:08 PM

15. She terrifies me to my very soul. Sarah, not Katie.

Posted by: jeffy | Sep 25, 2008 2:13:26 PM

16. god what a stupid twat....and dont get me started on Palin

Posted by: bobbie | Sep 25, 2008 7:39:19 PM

17. Amazing to watch a Vice-Presidential candidate scramble so sadly. Truly a low point in our history. Ugh. NEXT!

Posted by: Cleoffa | Sep 25, 2008 9:10:57 PM

18. I CAN'T WAIT FOR SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE this weekend! Go Tina Go!

Posted by: John Richard Petersen | Sep 26, 2008 12:36:05 PM