Election 2008 | John McCain | News | Republican Party

BigGayDeal.com

McCain Spokesman Tucker Bounds Takes Heat on Candidate's Lies

BoundsTwo anchors, Megyn Kelly at FOX news and Norah O'Donnell at MSNBC seem to have taken Amy Poehler's SNL advice to heart and "grown a pair" as both grilled McCain spokesman Tucker Bounds, forcing him to defend the lies McCain's been pushing in his latest ads.

You may remember the pounding Bounds took from Campbell Brown at the beginning of the month when she asked Bounds to name "just one decision" Sarah Palin had to make with regard to national security.

Luckily for Bounds, a "glitch" abruptly ended his interview with O'Donnell.

Watch them, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. See, that's exactly the kind of disrespect shown by the media that makes a candidate want to hole up in the mountains.
    /sarcasm

Posted by: tjc | Sep 16, 2008 9:10:40 AM

2. What?! FOX putting pressure on the Repubs for lying?! Also, Bounds is obviously a douche. I love watching Repubs being forced to explain the lies of their candidates. Too bad the general public doesn't seem to care.

Posted by: Philip Wester | Sep 16, 2008 9:37:10 AM

3. Wow, Tucker claims that Obama said he'll part the oceans. I can hardly wait for that! Notice that McCain's "straight talk" spokesrobot never answers a question directly. Of course when Karl Rove, of all people, thinks you've gone too far with the lies, any response ends up a "technical glitch." But at least the fundamentals of the economy are still strong.

Posted by: Ernie | Sep 16, 2008 9:37:33 AM

4. Tucker Bounds is a fool and almost as irritating as John McCain himself.

Posted by: Dan | Sep 16, 2008 9:43:43 AM

5. So, so typical that instead of actually discussing the economy they are instead couching discussion of it in a faux-patriotic distraction about "The American Worker" like anyone in the McCain campaign most particularly McCain himself would have even the slightest idea what "The American Worker" is going through on a day-to-day basis...

Posted by: MARTY | Sep 16, 2008 9:58:00 AM

6. I found no disrespect by either interviewer towards Tucker Bounds, just fair, tough questions. The only sarcasm came from Tucker himself in his interview with Megyn Kelly. If you're running for the highest office in the country you should be held accountable for your actions and statements.

Posted by: Mark in NYC | Sep 16, 2008 9:59:51 AM

7. I got to watch this and was loving it but the Republicans master the art of denial so I knew he would never admit any wrong doing from the McCain campaign. I guess that is why it is called dirty politics!

Dave, WGB

Posted by: WickedGayBlog | Sep 16, 2008 10:00:51 AM

8. He was awful. He couldn't defend any of the accusations, so he just kept trying to talk around them and change the subject. Talk about a fucking weasel. Why does the shit always rise to the top in politics? Or is that just life in general?

Posted by: paul | Sep 16, 2008 10:23:52 AM

9. Whats up with these scary repubs named Tucker...? At least he is not wearing a bow tie

Posted by: shan | Sep 16, 2008 10:49:19 AM

10. Douche. Yep, that sums it up.

Posted by: JT | Sep 16, 2008 11:18:31 AM

11. On Fox, if they don't like the questions one of their operatives just unplugs the camera. It's the Soviet way.

Posted by: JJ | Sep 16, 2008 11:22:06 AM

12. But isn't lying part of the job description of being a Republican operative these days? All these people can do is lie, lie, lie, and lie. Then they tell us that we're immoral. Yeah, lying and trying to destroy someone is a sure sign of a good person.

I remember reading about how Jesus lied to destroy his enemies. That was in First Lucifer, Prince of Lies, Chapter 666. Right?

Has anyone visited any of the gay Republican blogs? I swear those people are robots. I asked on a couple how they felt about McCain not supporting ENDA or being against any kind of marriage or civil union. All they could do is sputter around and say that it didn't matter to them.

When I asked what about Palin trying to ban a gay book and provided links to news coverage, they didn't care.

It was so freaky. Instead, they all talked about gay Democratic borg (from Star Trek). Yeah, every one here just loved Hillary and Barack equally. LOL

When I brought up McCain's lying, not a peep. They thought it was fine.

Seriously, those people are just a bunch of delusional self-haters. The intellectual dishonesty is staggering.

Posted by: noah | Sep 16, 2008 11:46:39 AM

13. Once again: his little mouth would look so sweet wrapped around my dick. Best way to shut him up.

Posted by: Christopher | Sep 16, 2008 12:15:12 PM

14. Poor Tucker. He just can't get an easy interview anywhere these days - even Faux News is throwing the balls a bit faster! Tucker has mastered the Republican Answer-The-Question-You-Wanted-To-Be-Asked. I hope the American people wake up to the disaster that a McCain-Palin administration would be. Unless you are rich and own a bomb shelter, of course.

Is it terrible that I think Tucker Bounds is super cute. I want to start his fan club: I HEART Tucker Bounds NOT His Politics

Anyone want to join?

Posted by: Kurt from Milwaukee | Sep 16, 2008 1:14:03 PM

15. Kurt -

Sex with weasels SO not my style. You can have him all to yourself. Be prepared for him to prefer frottage and insist on one shower before and two showers afterwards.

Posted by: JT | Sep 16, 2008 1:34:36 PM

16. WOMEN are stepping UP!! BRAVO, I guess, it is true they have bigger balls than men do.

Posted by: bosie | Sep 16, 2008 2:47:25 PM

17. I think Tucker would be a lot better off if he'd get that GOP stick out of his ass and let someone else's stick up it. I'd provide it just to prove it, not so much because I think he's cute but because it might shut him up.

Posted by: Kyle Michel Sullivan | Sep 16, 2008 5:31:40 PM

18. Proper and polite questioning by both anchors. I just pray their male counterparts grow a pair as well.

Posted by: Matty | Sep 22, 2008 1:08:48 AM