Alaska | News | Republican Party | Sarah Palin

Sarah Palin Takes More Questions

Palins

Shockingly enough, Sarah Palin took a spontaneous question today from a reporter, who asked her if she believes our presence in Iraq and Afghanistan is inflaming Islamic extremists. She then makes the false assertion that Iraq is somehow tied to 9/11.

Also, a peek at the second part of Katie Couric's interview which airs tonight. Palin defends her foreign policy experience, because Alaska lies between Canada and Russia. She also bombs on a question about the bailout.

If you missed the earlier clips, watch them here. Can there be any doubt why they're keeping her from the press?

Watch them, AFTER THE JUMP...

Previously
Katie Couric's Interview with Sarah Palin [tr]

This one is really astonishing:

"But ultimately, what the bailout does is help those who are concerned about the health care reform that is needed to help shore up our economy..."

What? This is the issue her running mate John McCain supposedly "suspended" his campaign for (even though he hasn't really suspended it), the biggest issue facing our nation at the moment, and Palin has to check her crib sheet?

Comments

1. At least Palin has gay friends. Obama, on the other hand, sends his wife to meetings with the gay community and to write for Advocate. Why isn't Obama himself doing it? Stop hiding behind your wife's skirts, Obama.

At least McCain reportedly has a gay male Chief Of Staff, unlike these liberals who claim to be for gay rights.

Never trust a liberal when it comes to gay or bi male sexuality. Behind our backs, liberals go "ewww".

Posted by: jason | Sep 26, 2008 4:15:38 AM

2. She's just plain fucking stupid.

Posted by: JD | Sep 26, 2008 5:19:07 AM

3. Ps. Jason is just plain fucking stupid.

Posted by: JD | Sep 26, 2008 5:20:08 AM

4. Jason, I wish someone would club you like a blubbery baby seal and watch every last drop of your simpleton's brain pour out across the floor. God you're an idiot.

Posted by: I hate Jason | Sep 26, 2008 6:51:44 AM

5. another vote to cast jason off the island, andy, for what it's worth.

Posted by: brad | Sep 26, 2008 9:09:38 AM

6. Jason, no one believes that you're "BI" so quit using that term in all of your fairy tales... and the term fairy is used very lightly with you. We all know you're a big ole queen, and a self-loathing one at that.

Posted by: wayne | Sep 26, 2008 10:08:10 AM

7. I guess the large question is what does it say about the American soul that Palin has favourable ratings with independents and republicans? (60% of electorate)

Posted by: Landis | Sep 26, 2008 10:08:32 AM

8. She makes it sound like the Feds are GIVING the American Public the funds to buy healthcare and increase their Mainstreet business' as well as hiring tons of employees and lets not forget all the wondrous trading we will be able to do AND ALSO THE TAX REDUCTIONS!!! WTF is she thinking?? THE FEDS ARE SADDLING THE AMERICAN TAXPAYER WITH AN ADDITIONAL DEBT OF SOME 700 BILLION $ IN ADDITION TO THE ALREADY STAGGERING BUSH LEGACY DEBT AND SHE TALKS AS IF AMERICAN TAXPAYERS WILL BENEFIT FROM THIS!!

Posted by: alex Boston | Sep 26, 2008 10:17:07 AM

9. Palin is the "Peter Principal" of the 21st century! And we thought Bush was the worse GOP candidate! Too much inbreeding in the GOP and this is what they proffer to America and the World?? On Jan 20th 2009 America will step back 60 years!

Posted by: alex boston | Sep 26, 2008 10:22:27 AM

10. Oh Jason, there you are siiiilly goose. I've been wondering what happened to you. :)

Now that you've MASTERED the art of spinning, can you turn iron into gold? Our GOP seems to believe it can happen. Go on, give it a try. Go on. That's a good boy!

Posted by: CJ | Sep 26, 2008 10:59:12 AM

11. I'd like to make an announcement everyone. The neighbors to each side of me is a singer and actor, respectively. And since they have borrowed my lawnmower on several occasion I can now express to all of you that I am ready to record an album and win an Oscar. Thank you.

Posted by: PandaMonium | Sep 26, 2008 11:13:04 AM

12. “I personally believe, that U.S. Americans,
    are unable to do so,
    because uh,
    some, people out there, in our nation don’t have maps.
    and uh…
    I believe that our education like such as in South Africa,
    and the Iraq,
    everywhere like such as…
    and, I believe they should uh,
    our education over here,
    in the U.S. should help the U.S.
    or should help South Africa,
    and should help the Iraq and Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future,
    for us.”

Posted by: Timmmeeeyyyy! | Sep 26, 2008 12:06:41 PM

13. Katie Couric for Vice President!!!

Posted by: Uri Belkind | Sep 26, 2008 3:32:02 PM

14. She talks like the student in class who gets busted for not doing the reading. And so starts talking out of her ass in a downward spiral, throwing in any buzz word or scrap of information she may have actually overheard all together. Bart Simpson could pull this off better than her.

My only paranoid fear now is that the McFailin' campaign possibly will suggest that she step down. Something I previously believed they'd never do. As much as a potentially fatal body blow that would be - shredding McCain's decision making and leadership skills completely. But a new VP pick would create yet another wave of sensation and buzz that could distract voters enough and carry him through the next 30 days. Though with the economic meltdown, I would hope voters are now at least a little more jaded and on-point. (But never underestimate the gullibility of Joe & Jane Six Pack . Something Republicans are masters of exploiting.)

I dunno. I just feel like the drumbeat's already starting for her removal, even from within the conservative base. And once they stomach it, they'll re-embrace whomever might be next. I still don't see it happening ultimately. But that's just my latest superstitious fear.

p.s. Yes, Wolf Blitzer is an effin' useless turd. What a schmuck.

Posted by: SEAN | Sep 26, 2008 6:37:05 PM

15. Drummer, first off the SF Examiner is owned by a wealthy conservative guy from Denver. He drives the paper's editorial content.

Second, you can call the Examiner and they'll stop "delivering" it to you. I was so relieved when I discovered this and no longer had to pad my recycling bin with that embarassing dreck.

Posted by: Paul R | Sep 26, 2008 6:41:22 PM

16. My God, where do I start? I can't decide if this woman is more of a maniac or a moron. This is a woman, who I believe, has fallen into public office and has somehow made her way to this point. She has obviously preyed on the ignorance of the 'town folk' of Wasilla and eventually all of Alaska. Does McCain honestly believe this imbecile can handle Washington? I can only hope the American public can see her true ignorance and her screwed-up, far-right drivel. Spare us from the shame and aggravation, stay in Alaska and do what you do best - hunt moose, burn books and gaze across the strait to Russia.

Posted by: Nick | Sep 26, 2008 9:36:11 PM

17. And to think, she's the BEST the Republicans had to offer, or at least that's the stand Sen. McCain is taking. Any questions about his executive decision making ability? And for those thinking she might step down (voluntarily or otherwise), I think the chances of that are just about as good as they were that McCain wouldn't show up for the debate - NONE! If you think they are being ridculed for McCain's picking her imagine what they'd have to put up with if they tried to get rid of her ... recovery would be impossible. I say they'd take a sure loss first.

Posted by: michael | Sep 26, 2008 10:16:13 PM