Couples | John Barrowman | Music | Music Video | News

BigGayDeal.com

John Barrowman Goes Homo and Hetero in Music Video

Whataboutus

The multi-talented John Barrowman's lookin' might pretty in the video for his new single "What About Us" which was just released in the UK. The track itself is a bit of a snooze for me but perfect for those of you who dig adult contemporary and are prone to singing aloud in your car when you think nobody's watching.

Props to Barrowman though, for going with a gay and straight couple in the video. I wouldn't have expected less from him. Watch it, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. I was never a John Barrowman fan until Torchwood. Now I'm addicted to him.

Posted by: JeffNYC | Oct 3, 2008 1:24:26 PM

2. I like the song a lot.. it's a relatable theme. The video is a bit simplistic; I'd have gone with just one couple and told more of their story. But I suppose he's got to appeal to a wider audience for this. Doesn't hurt that JB is a yummy lookin' man.

Posted by: sparks | Oct 3, 2008 1:29:57 PM

3. If only he'd open for Aimee Mann.... Yum!

Posted by: eric | Oct 3, 2008 1:30:05 PM

4. Aaaaaaah..sweet, sweet .John..so melodramatic..So sensitive...So damn handsome. How can you not love that face?

Posted by: ray | Oct 3, 2008 1:34:07 PM

5. Outstanding John, outstanding!

Posted by: John | Oct 3, 2008 1:35:06 PM

6. Fantastic! No quick fades as the men kiss! Show it, babe, show it! I love John!

I dare VH1 to play it!

Posted by: Rad | Oct 3, 2008 2:04:42 PM

7. I am completely in love and lust with John Barrowman. I also think he's too talented for that song.

Posted by: sam | Oct 3, 2008 2:05:01 PM

8. I think it is a very nice song and video. It will do very well in the UK. I think I've already heard it on the BBC Radio One.

Posted by: Gary | Oct 3, 2008 2:06:32 PM

9. Oh my, the song was so dull I found myself focusing on the bedding and wondering how anyone could keep white sheets so white.

Posted by: homer | Oct 3, 2008 2:14:57 PM

10. that curly haired hairy guy is so effing hot.
    waaaaay more interesting than that boring song.
    has potential for remixes though....

Posted by: clayton | Oct 3, 2008 3:00:55 PM

11. yeah, the curly-haired guy...

Posted by: hank | Oct 3, 2008 3:51:42 PM

12. Yes John is hot. He is so disappointing in his music videos. He has such a great personality and stage presence. The song is OK, I'll wait for the Freemasons remix. He was brilliant in Putting it Together with Carol Burnett

Incredible

Posted by: k | Oct 3, 2008 4:06:36 PM

13. Andy,

After seein' an' hearin' and watchin' the debates, I only hope yur kiddin' about usin' the term "lookin' " since I wanted to be vomitin' last night after hearin' Ms. Palin' usin' and abusin' the english language so horridly last night.

Posted by: johnny | Oct 3, 2008 5:22:15 PM

14. Great voice. Why couldn't he find a better writer to write a song for him.

Posted by: DB | Oct 3, 2008 7:36:44 PM

15. John Barrowman: those. green. eyes.

Posted by: michael | Oct 4, 2008 9:45:46 AM

16. I find him pretentious with little real talent. What a boring video made "interesting" by the bisexual angle! So edgy!
    If he were really talented he would start playing against type and do some work where his sexuality is unimportant.

Posted by: Puddy Katz | Oct 4, 2008 11:23:13 AM

17. Cute video... the song / music itself is a bit too bland for my taste, though -- don't really thrill me all that much.

Posted by: Lucas | Oct 8, 2008 7:15:59 PM

18. Apparently I'm in the minority here, but I love the song. Too many love songs are about the happy shiny fluffy fleeting honeymoon period. It's great to hear such a heartfelt song about the more trying but ultimately fulfilling transition into a mature, committed relationship. If you don't like the genre of music in general I can understand that personal preferences vary, but I find the themes in it very refreshing compared to the junk I hear on the radio.

Posted by: Jake | Oct 8, 2008 9:55:10 PM

19. John Barrowman has a great voice! I knew he was an actor, but I hadn't heard him sing. The first thing I thought, "shit, he's handsome and can sing." You can tell he's had training--very good placement (vocally)

Posted by: Dutch | Nov 13, 2008 4:14:23 PM