Barack Obama | Election 2008 | John McCain | News

Obama: Change the Economy, Not the Subject

Thesubject

The Obama-Biden campaign today began running an ad calling out John McCain on his attempts to move away from discussing the economy and instead smear Obama.

McCain's new ad flat out calls Obama a liar.

Watch them both, AFTER THE JUMP...

Previously
'Terrorist!' is all McCain has Left [tr]

Comments

1. McCain should take an example of effective politics from Obama. This ad has just the right amount of "kick" coupled with the TRUTH (a foreign concept to Republican's), producing a valid point to WAKE PEOPLE UP. Christ. lol

Posted by: CJ | Oct 7, 2008 11:07:17 AM

2. McCain, isn't there a bridge you should be lurking under!

Dave, WGB

Posted by: WickedGayBlog.com | Oct 7, 2008 11:59:22 AM

3. This election will be a barometer of our country's intelligence:

Are there more intelligent people or more ignorant people in the US?

Unfortunately, I think it's a very close call in 2008.

Posted by: John Bisceglia | Oct 7, 2008 12:05:02 PM

4. John, I have to agree.

What I am interested in seeing is how willing will the population be to elect a black man? Are there underlying race issues, regardless if the person is more dignified and qualified to be the Commander in Chief? If there is a substantial margin of victory for Barack, then I would say we, as a society, can finally put the race issues of the 20th century behind us. If it is really close or dramatically loses to the garbage barfed up by the GOP, then our country is really a crap heap of idiots and, IMHO, they get what they deserve.

Posted by: Rad | Oct 7, 2008 12:51:24 PM

5. JOHN & RAD, I agree, of course. I've said that two things had to happen before the United States would elect a black (or biracial) man: a national disaster, and a disastrous Republican Ticket. Well....

Oh, yes, I always assumed that the black man would be a Democrat. Kinda' presumptuous of me, hunh?....you know, Colin Powell around, but I don't see the Republican Party ever....not in my life time.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Oct 7, 2008 1:12:49 PM

6. Derrick

National disaster = disastrous repub administration and ticket

Huffpo reported yesterday that bush jr called Colin Powell recently and twisted his arm to no end to NOT endorse Obama publicly.

Posted by: Jimmyboyo | Oct 7, 2008 2:24:21 PM

7. And did I miss him? Has the GOP trotted Colin Powell out to back McCain yet?

I am looking forward to this evenings debate.

Posted by: Rad | Oct 7, 2008 2:25:48 PM

8. Looks like this year we are able to choose our candidate not only by his policies, but by thinking, is he a lesser liar. So, voters, defend your choice - who is competing honorably, and who is a bigger liar - Obama or McCain? http://www.votetheday.com/americas-20/presidential-candidates-bigger-liar-282

Posted by: votetheday.com | Oct 7, 2008 4:36:07 PM

9. As that fat chick on the View said today, judge a man by his actions. He dumped his wife for a rich bimbo who paid to get him elected, with the help of Keating.

McShame should be in jail, not the White House. How many fighter pilots would have kept their rank after crashing five planes? Daddy can you bail me out?

Posted by: patrick nyc | Oct 7, 2008 4:53:03 PM